X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scrivener
    replied
    Re: Name that movie!

Man, that's a good quote but I haven't the faintest notion what film it's from. Hate to see this thread come to a halt because nobody's brave enough to venture a guess though, so here goes:

You're an obviously literate person with good taste in films, so it's probably something thought-provoking and interesting. 'Though it has nothing to do with the quote (as far as I can tell), I'm going to take a wild stab and guess Aaron Eckhart in In the Company of Men.

You may have to give us a hint. Maybe another snippet of dialogue?

Leave a comment:

• U'ilani
    replied

That would be one of my favorite movies, Groundhog Day--or is it Groundhog's Day? We've watched that movie at least 20 times.

Next:

I wasn't like every other kid, you know, who dreams about being an astronaut, I was always more interested in what bark was made out of on a tree. Richard Gere's a real hero of mine. Sting. Sting would be another person who's a hero. The music he's created over the years, I don't really listen to it, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that. I care desperately about what I do. Do I know what product I'm selling? No. Do I know what I'm doing today? No. But I'm here, and I'm gonna give it my best shot.

Leave a comment:

• scrivener
    replied

That's Babe Ruth in The Sandlot, a great, great movie.

Next:

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl. We ate lobster and drank pina coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day.

Leave a comment:

• lavagal
    replied

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
    And don't use Google. I'm sure that we'll all feel comfortable within the confines of the honor system.

"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die."
    Don't know the movie, not even sure I got the actor right: John Wayne?

Leave a comment:

• Mike_Lowery
    started a topic Name that movie!

Name that movie!

And don't use Google. I'm sure that we'll all feel comfortable within the confines of the honor system.

"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die."
Working...
X