Name that movie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name that movie!

And don't use Google. I'm sure that we'll all feel comfortable within the confines of the honor system.

"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die."
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Re: Name that movie!

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
    And don't use Google. I'm sure that we'll all feel comfortable within the confines of the honor system.

"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die."
    Don't know the movie, not even sure I got the actor right: John Wayne?
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

That's Babe Ruth in The Sandlot, a great, great movie.

Next:

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl. We ate lobster and drank pina coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

That would be one of my favorite movies, Groundhog Day--or is it Groundhog's Day? We've watched that movie at least 20 times.

Next:

I wasn't like every other kid, you know, who dreams about being an astronaut, I was always more interested in what bark was made out of on a tree. Richard Gere's a real hero of mine. Sting. Sting would be another person who's a hero. The music he's created over the years, I don't really listen to it, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that. I care desperately about what I do. Do I know what product I'm selling? No. Do I know what I'm doing today? No. But I'm here, and I'm gonna give it my best shot.
        * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
        - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Man, that's a good quote but I haven't the faintest notion what film it's from. Hate to see this thread come to a halt because nobody's brave enough to venture a guess though, so here goes:

You're an obviously literate person with good taste in films, so it's probably something thought-provoking and interesting. 'Though it has nothing to do with the quote (as far as I can tell), I'm going to take a wild stab and guess Aaron Eckhart in In the Company of Men.

You may have to give us a hint. Maybe another snippet of dialogue?
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Oh man, that quote by U'ilani sounds so eloquent, but there's 10% of my brain screaming that it's really from a schlapschtick movie.

flickr

Comment

OK, here's an easier one:

"Round up every Hindu in New York and make it snappy!"
              Burl Burlingame
              "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
              honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Not sure about buzz's movie quote. It sounds like a Robin Williams line or maybe a Pakistani movie, lol, but that's as far as I can get without googling.

10% of my brain screaming that it's really from a schlapschtick movie.
                That minority part is right--it's from Zoolander, starring Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson--oh, and Will Ferrell. You guys have to see it. It's absolutely hysterical, but be sure to only view it when you're in the mood for a really silly movie.
                * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
                - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Originally posted by U'ilani View Post
                  it's from Zoolander, starring Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson--oh, and Will Ferrell. You guys have to see it. It's absolutely hysterical, but be sure to only view it when you're in the mood for a really silly movie.
                  I love those guys, but that movie is terrible! Owen Wilson and Will Ferrell are so good at being smart-dumb, but that movie is just dumb-dumb. Sorry.

Have you seen Owen Wilson in Bottle Rocket?
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

What? How can you not love Zoolander?! Impossible. Dumb-dumb can actually be brilliant when it's so shockingly slapstick silly. There are a ton of moments in that movie that crack me up. I bet you also hated Rat Race?

Nope, I haven't seen Bottle Rocket. Any good (not that I should take your assessment seriously, at this point )?
                    - Anna Quindlen

Comment

hmm...so did someone make a NEXT Quote?.....if not I got one:

NEXT:

"I can't give Pudge tuna, do you know what tuna is? Its...its...its TUNA! I was late to practice because I had to go to the store, and buy peanut butter and jelly because all we have is...iss. stinken TUNA!!!"
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Got2HaVKaYaNoW View Post
                        hmm...so did someone make a NEXT Quote?.....if not I got one:

NEXT:

"I can't give Pudge tuna, do you know what tuna is? Its...its...its TUNA! I was late to practice because I had to go to the store, and buy peanut butter and jelly because all we have is...iss. stinken TUNA!!!"
                        Lilo and Stitch!!!

Next (if I'm right, anyway): Who you goin' to the dance with? Spalding?

flickr

Comment

"He is Sumerian. He will not cry. So I cry for him."

Any takers?
                          Don't be mean,
                          try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by jdub View Post
                            "He is Sumerian. He will not cry. So I cry for him."

Any takers?
                            Great Movie......takes the edge off a bad day.

However, he was from Cimmeria. The land of ice and snow. Robert E. Howard's mythology is second only to J.R.R. Tolkien. Got me through high school. Thanks for the recall. Brings back good memories.

In a supporting role...........Hawaii's own

Last edited by nachodaddy; November 29, 2006, 02:36 PM. Reason: added Howard
                            You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy View Post
                              Great Movie......takes the edge off a bad day.

However, he was from Cimmeria. The land of ice and snow. Robert E. Howard's mythology is second only to J.R.R. Tolkien. Got me through high school. Thanks for the recall. Brings back good memories.

In a supporting role...........Hawaii's own
                              ABSOLUTELY!! Good call, Nacho. Lopez was perfectly casted, no? No one takes me seriously when I get so excited about that movie.
                              Don't be mean,
                              try to help.

Comment

Working...
                              X