Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you create voices in your head for each poster on HT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you create voices in your head for each poster on HT?

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Maybe you're tapping into a higher level of consciousness...
    yeah, that's what they all say before they become crazy.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
      yeah, that's what they all say before they become crazy.
      "Crazy" may just be the common word for that level, you know. Most popular amongst those who have not yet achieved it.

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
        I sound like Ernie from Sesame Street
        La la la la...La la la la...Elmo's world...hee hee hee hee

And me as Manolo Morales? Hmmm

Mike for some reason just from your pic I put Osama Bin Laden's voice with your face. Not to say you're like Osama, just that Afghani dialect that's all

Hello my name is Mike thank you for calling Dell tech support how may I help you!
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

for me ..yep..i've heard all kinds voices in my head.but, meds helped that..hee hee..i'm just too busy trying not to let ya'll hear my gomer pyle plus beverly hillbilly accent.only my drawl is even more drawn out than theirs!!! ALOHA YOU ALL!!!

Comment

TimKona= Elmer Fudd.

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu View Post
              TimKona= Elmer Fudd.
              Hahahahahaha....Tim SO does not sound like Elmer Fudd at all. That's so funny.

I'm trying to think of a celebrity that sounds like Tim -- and when I figure it out, I'll post it. Those who were at the LM Christmas Party...feel free to chime in because I'm drawing blanks!
              Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
              We're not here to mess around
              Boston, you know we love you madly
              Hear the crowd roar to your sound
              Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
              You know we couldn't live without you
              Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by jdub View Post
                Ha! Consciousness? Now that's a stretch even on my best days, Leo! And, truthfully, the voices I hear are usually drowned out by the insistent whine of tinnitus.

Also, everyone at HT has pretty much the same voice to me because I read everything in an English accent. Not sure why, but it helped with retention when I was in school.
                Hey, whawt-ev-uh fluh-oots yuh buh-oot, guv-nuh.
                Last edited by Keith H.; February 25, 2007, 07:46 PM. Reason: a little extra touch
                http://www.pineapplejuice.net/freshly-squeezed

Comment

Originally posted by jdub View Post
                  Also, everyone at HT has pretty much the same voice to me because I read everything in an English accent. Not sure why, but it helped with retention when I was in school.
                  Hahahaha!

You know I never thought about it but I do give people accents when I read. The people on this board who I know are local get "da kine" accents except for PZ as I have heard his podcasts too many times to give him an imaginary voice. LOL!

When I read CONUS people don't really have a particular accent, the people from England who are on here have English accents, Makepagirl sounds very Southern, Pua'i sounds local but very well spoken, Lei Liko has a very cute voice, hard to explain, Jdub, I gave you an Irish accent a long time ago.
                  I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                    Hahahahahaha....Tim SO does not sound like Elmer Fudd at all. That's so funny.

I'm trying to think of a celebrity that sounds like Tim -- and when I figure it out, I'll post it.
                    I think Tim is much more Yosemite Sam than Elmer Fudd.

Leo Lakio sounds like Dr LeMahieu (remember him?)

Pz sounds like the branch manager at my local credit union.

TutuSue sounds like Leslie Wilcox.

Buzz sounds like my brother-in-law (nice local-born haole boy who works in media)

LeiLiko sounds like the gal at Macy's in the handbag department.

Scriv's voice is med. pitch, ennuciates perfectly and sounds like that cat who works at Starbucks.

And my voice sounds a bit like HNL Sky--lark's if you remember who she is.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post

Oh nay. MUST you remind me of him? He was the Supt back in my days as a DOE Student Helper. He'd strike up conversation with me when I had to make my copies in the copy room and he was just CREEPY.

And let's not mention the time I got stuck in the elevator with him. Damn you, electricity in the Lili Building!

LeiLiko sounds like the gal at Macy's in the handbag department.
                      Heeeeey! I like that!

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                        Oh nay. MUST you remind me of him? He was the Supt back in my days as a DOE Student Helper. He'd strike up conversation with me when I had to make my copies in the copy room and he was just CREEPY.
                        And let's not mention the time I got stuck in the elevator with him. Damn you, electricity in the Lili Building!
                        I'm not sure what to think, now.

If you want to hear me for real, tune in live online when I'm hosting "Hawai`i Radio Connection" - first Saturday of each month, Noon-2 pm Pacific Time.

Or you can hear the podcast of an interview we did with ki ho`alu guitarist John Keawe, back in December (my co-host, Manono, is from Moloka`i.)

Or you can just keep remembering a creepy ex-Superintendant of Schools, if you like.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post

Or you can just keep remembering a creepy ex-Superintendant of Schools, if you like.
                          LOL, so sorry LL...I didn't think that's what Pua'i meant when she made that reference to PLeM (as we fondly used to call him).

He seemed normal on TV and in interviews. But oh man...to actually work with him. That sweat. Geeeeeeesh.

Comment

Haha!!! No, I never...ever....thought of it. That's funny!

Comment

LOL, so sorry LL...I didn't think that's what Pua'i meant when she made that reference to PLeM (as we fondly used to call him).

He seemed normal on TV and in interviews. But oh man...to actually work with him. That sweat. Geeeeeeesh.

oh my, Lei, that's funny! I got to work with him once at a retreat. I found him smart, articulate, open-minded and not the least bit oily. When I heard about him later on and the circumstances surrounding his political demise with the DOE, I was floored.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                                I sound like Ernie from Sesame Street
                                Uhhh... I’ve met you Burl and you do not sound like Ernie.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                                USA TODAY, page 2A
                                11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                                X