Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quickie Game: What's in the Apple Store Bag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quickie Game: What's in the Apple Store Bag?

I went to the Apple Store today! What did I buy?

I'll post the answer later this evening.

But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: Quickie Game: What's in the Apple Store Bag?

Hmm. I'm not sure if any of the new iPods announced this morning are in stock locally, yet. I also don't think it's an iPhone (though I'd want one if I had to use a Blackjack, and the discontinued 4GB is nicely priced, it looks a bit flat... and I also thought you got a special iPhone bag rather than the usual Apple Store bag).

My guess is that it's an old-school iPod nano, which - despite the video capable one announced today - some people still prefer.

If it's a gift, it's a Shuffle.

Comment

It's still this evening so I'm gonna take a guess...

I know you twittered you were standing in line at the Apple store, and PZ wondered why...I know you posted in 'nother thread that you were going to hold off on purchasing ahhh was it the iPod or iPhone, but I do remember you said, "Who needs to eat?" if you don't wait till next year.

I'm guessing...4GB iPhone.
      ___
      "Be god to each other."

Comment

Wow. Thirty-two views and only two takers, hm? Where's the aloha on this board?

Well, so much for trying to inject a little bit of life into the evening! Here's the (sad, but true) answer:

Yes, it's an adapter for plugging a MacBook into a VGA monitor or an LCD projector. My classroom is equipped with a SmartBoard, and when I was issued this new MacBook (non-pro), there wasn't an adapter on campus that would fit. I can't believe the thing wasn't shipped with one: My MacBook Pro (r.i.p.) came with one, and so did my iBook before that.

Anyway, thanks for playing. After all the Apple buzz today, I certainly wish there was more to my little trip than this, but I don't know if I could have afforded anything more than this $19.00 item.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post

Yes, it's an adapter for plugging a MacBook into a VGA monitor or an LCD projector. My classroom is equipped with a SmartBoard, and when I was issued this new MacBook (non-pro), there wasn't an adapter on campus that would fit. I can't believe the thing wasn't shipped with one: My MacBook Pro (r.i.p.) came with one, and so did my iBook before that.
          I would have thought it would come with one. Have you used the Smartboard much? How do you like it? They just installed one in one of my labs - in fact, they are finishing up today (yeah, they're running a little late). Is it easy to use? Any info, tips would be great. Thanks.

Comment

HEY! I was one of your 32 views (or two or three) and I didn't respond because had no idea...plus I'm really a PC person so my iPod and iPhones are new beasts for me. anyway, I'm sorry it wasn't shipped with your machine initially, I hope you can expense it, and I hope it delivers!!!
            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Glad to have played!

Practical buy, but not as much fun as a splurge!

Will be glad to play again!
              ___
              "Be god to each other."

Comment

Working...
              X