Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

`Ohina The Short Film Showcase - NEXT WEEK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: `Ohina The Short Film Showcase - NEXT WEEK!

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
    [...]Any rate... I have no point to apologize other than the fact that I'm sorry if I pissed someone off that I have much respect for and always have...

Manoa
    Lucky me! A backhanded apology preceded by brown nosing. Manoa, you just don't 'get it' and won't 'get it'. I'll just sit back and watch the karma train pull into the station (don't go there, Kimo! )

Comment

tutu

I'm not trying any backhanded apology followed by brown nosing...

sheesh first you say to apologize in public...then you say I'm brown nosing...wtf?

I was simply saying that because of professionals like you... it re-directed to me where I'm at now! Mahalo!

As far as the Karma train!!! I'm a full believer in Karma... das why I try to do my best...sometimes it's misunderstood... oh well... Karma doesn't belive in mistakes... karma knows the intention of the person...and if the intention was good...then let karma train hit me in the ass...hopefully something good might happen

As far as not getting it...won't get it... that's not what I'm here to post about... I post my observations... that's all... some get em...some don't... some are offended by them...others get a kick out of them...

This is Hawaii... why worry about such manini stuff sometimes i get told... I say... I dunno...what else is there to talk about?

This is a threads board that is meant for discussion... I don't mean to piss anyone off personally.... EVER.... however, if I do... I try to at least explain what I meant and apologize to whomever I have pissed off personally.

Sincerely,

Manoa

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
        Lucky me! A backhanded apology preceded by brown nosing. Manoa, you just don't 'get it' and won't 'get it'. I'll just sit back and watch the karma train pull into the station (don't go there, Kimo! )
        I'll sit with you. I got the Chardonnay Wine, cheese, crackers, Crown Royal, Poki Ahi, and some other goodies too. Put the ice in the bucket and water in a pitcher...I'm coming ova.

toot toot! choo choo choo choo Karma Train a comin' full blast!!!!

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

If that's the case... let me be the one to provide the pupus!

Love you both!

Manoa

Comment

I don't wonder if my kids (kids? they're 38 and 39) are on MySpace or not. Why would you? For me, it's a non-topic/non-issue. No need to communicate thru MS when phones and email are so available. I don't need or want MySpace as a communication tool with my kids. Phones during the day...email late at night. Add MySpace to that? Allow it to devour my life? Then, visit it daily? Jeeezus...gimme a break. That's an obsession. Possibly there's a MS 12 step program in Waikiki. If you think MySpace is cool...then call me uncool. If you think MySpace is hip...then call me unhip.
            Thank you, Sue. MS amuses me - I enjoy reading some of the comments posted there by hula dancers in our halau, for example - but I have no desire to get tied up into the latest thing, just because it's trendy.

Remember "Friendster?" Wasn't that the hot and hip thing for everyone to sign up with a couple years back? MySpace is headed the same direction; it's just still in the peak of the "everybody's doing it" phase right now.

Hell, I still remember back when "everybody" had to be into Citizen's Band radios. Trends come and go - they can be a lot of fun, and some catch my attention, while others don't - but it's up to each of us to decide what we want to have on our personal radars and calendars, and who gives a damn whether or not someone else thinks we're not cool, because we choose to bypass something they dig?

(No, Manoa, I'm not complaining about you here - it's not about that at all; I just wanted to applaud Sue for saying something similar to what I feel. I think she and I are on common ground in that we don't care for others to decide our coolness factors - that's just not something relevant to our happiness or our lives.)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
              [...](No, Manoa, I'm not complaining about you here - it's not about that at all; I just wanted to applaud Sue for saying something similar to what I feel. I think she and I are on common ground in that we don't care for others to decide our coolness factors - that's just not something relevant to our happiness or our lives.)
              ...or do the "bock bock chicken" routine when someone doesn't want to comply with someone else's beliefs. That's something I'd expect from an 8 year old. I'm sure my 'coolness factor' (love that, btw!) is judged differently by different people. Very uncool to some; very cool to others; and everything in between. How or that someone judges my 'coolness factor' (or lack thereof!) isn't important in the least to me. I yam who I yam!

Ok, now...I've never heard of 'Friendster'. I think I just upped my uncoolness factor!

Comment

Ok, now...I've never heard of 'Friendster'. I think I just upped my uncoolness factor!
                Not in my book, dear, not in my book; quite the reverse. You can't waste braincells on every spark that comes along, unless trend-chasing's the only life you want to lead.

Comment

or do the "bock bock chicken" routine when someone doesn't want to comply with someone else's beliefs. That's something I'd expect from an 8 year old.
                  I was playing with you Tutue...

I guess you don't know me as well as I thought. My bad!

Manoa

Comment

Manoa's offered to bring pupus...that sounds like a peace offering to me!
                    (But no chicken, okay? That might go over wrong...)

As my beloved Alpha Female likes to say: "inside every grown man, there is a certain percentage of six-and-a-half year-old boy, and that percentage can vary from day to day."

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                      I was playing with you Tutue...
                      [...]
                      "it went over like a lead balloon".

Comment

"it went over like a lead balloon".
                        that's what happens when we get generation gaps...often misunderstood quotes and comments.

I mean I'm the same age as your kids!... I bet you don't get half their jokes...

I thought I was crossing generations with the Bock Bock reference... my bad...!

(can i follow it up with a sticks and stones may break your bones... but never call tutu one chicken...them be fighting words) JUST KIDDING TUTU!
                        Last edited by damontucker; July 31, 2006, 09:11 PM. Reason: there their

Comment

Ok, I'm hoping to go, and I thought I'd throw out an invite to all of you, in case anybody's interested in joining me...

I'd like to go grab brunch at Kakaako Kitchen at 10am on Sat Aug 5, then head on over to Honolulu Academy of Arts to catch the noon showing for the film showcase. If any of you would like to join me, feel free to PM me!

Comment

Ok you guyz! There's still time to make the last screening at 7p tonight at the Academy of Arts (Doris Duke theater). AbsolutChaos was my date earlier today and we both agreed it was worth it. The films were better this year than they have been in the past! Admission is free. Please support it.

And since the 'Sand Island Drive-In Anthem' thread was recently closed...for good reason...I'd like to address something Kimo mentioned there. A correction, actually. I was not the casting director on that film; rather, a consultant, altho' IMDB does, in fact, list me. Hmmm. Dunno how that happened.

Comment

Working...
                            X