Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hazardous To My Health

Aloha all:
    My name is Charles and my wife Marcia N Hill was kidnapped by Claude Hall, the owner of The Red Noodle nightclub in Waikiki back in 1972. Claude was also a Hollywood actor and a former Marlboro Man. This book is a true story that everyone should read. Especially anyone that is in any kind of a domestic violence situation. Claude abducted my wife and her two small children and kept them for four long years. The Red Noodle was the number one nightclub (along with the Point After) back in the seventies. I am posting this on Hawaii Threads because my wife was raised in Hawaii and graduated from Kailua High School in 1962. This true story is a book about rape, fear, faith, forgiveness and survival. It is a true story that Hollywood's best screenwriters could not have come up with. The ending will leave the reader stunned. Google Marcia N Hill to see all the four and five star reviews it has gotten. We also have a facebook page "HAZARDOUS TO MY HEALTH" and a web-site: http://www.hazardoustomyhealth.com. You can also leave Marcia an e-mail telling her your own hazards in life and your soulutions at: http://www.marcianhill@hazardoustomyhealth.com.
    Aloha and many Mahalo's
    Charles and Marcia

Hazardous to my health-the marlboro man i knew

Aloha all: My name is Charles and my wife Marcia N Hill has just written a book called "Hazardous To My Health - The Marlboro Man I Knew". It's a true story about the kidnapping of my wife and her two small children by the infamous Claude Hall, a former Hollywood actor and The Marlboro Man used by Philip Morris in the famous advertising campaign. This story is not about smoking or cigarettes. It's about abduction, rape, fear, faith, forgiveness and survival. And survive she did... For four long years she survived. This true story should be read by everyone, especially if you, or have been in a domestic violence situation. It's not an easy read, or a fun read but it does tell a true story of what went on in Hawaii back in the days. Marcia was raised in Kailua and graduated from Kailua High School in 1962. After decades of silence, Marcia has finally told the world her story. A story you just have to read.
    From the nightlife of Waikiki, to the sleepy little fishing village of Playa Zancudo, Costa Rica this true story will leave the reader stunned. Down to the last bullet! Hollywood's best screenwriters could not have come up with a better screenplay than 'Hazardous To My Health". Google Marcia N Hill-Hazardous To My Health to see all the four and five star reviews the book has recieved. We have a facebook page, "Hazardous to my health" and a web-site: http://www.hazardoustomyhealth.com. E-mail Marcia at http://www.marcianhill@hazardoustomyhealth.com and talk story about your own hazards in life and your soulutions. This story is destined for a major motion movie. Aloha and many Mahalo's
    Charles and Marcia

Comment

Re: Hazardous to my health-the marlboro man i knew

Interesting. My dad directed many of the Marlboro man commercials back in the day. Was there more than one Marlboro man?

Comment

Re: Hazardous To My Health

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        Was there more than one Marlboro man?
        Oh, yes. Cursory research will reveal many different names; the following to start:

Clarence Hailey Long
        Darrell Winfield
        Dick Hammer
        Dean Myers
        Robert Norris
        Tom Mattox
        John Bryant
        Wayne McLaren
        David Millar, Jr.
        Brad Johnson
        Christian Haren
        David McLean

Interestingly enough, I can't seem to find the name of "Claude Hall" on any of the lists of "Marlboro Man" actors - a basic internet search to link the two quoted terms finds only results related to the book being hyped at the start of this thread. And I appear not to be the only person who has done such a search.

Comment

I had an employee that insisted his son was the "Marlboro Man" although his son didn't smoke. His name doesn't show up on the list either.
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Back in the day... I was a Marlboro Man. At least in my own mind.

What a tragic story though. Sorry it happened to them.
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I thought Tom Selleck and Sam Elliot were Marlboro Men.

Comment

Aloha all: The reason Claude Hall doesn't show up on the list of Marlboro Men is that Philip Morris will not even admit Claude was a Marlboro Man. Even Hollywood's film and T.V. web-sites list everything Claude was in, But there is not one word of him in any biography sections.
                If you google Claude Hall, Bonanza, all of his T.V. and movies come up, but nothing on Claudes bio. Also, if you google vintage magazines ads there is a full page ad in the June 4th. 1965 Life Magazine... and that picture is Claude Hall!
                If you google Napoleon M Brock you can also find a piece when Napi is interviewed by a rock magazine, and Napi explains how Frank Zappa found him at The Red Noodle. Zappa tried to hire Napi away from Claude and The Red Noodle and Napi explained that he couldn't because there was no contract, and He was afraid to cancel out on Claude. Napi mentions in the article that Claude was a former Marlboro Man! I truly do hope that this clears up any disbelief about the book. Hollywood and Philip Morris obviously new that Claude was bad news, and subsequently dropped him like a hot potato. Claude was in a lot of T.V. shows, such as Bonanza, Rawhide, Big Valley etc. His personal friends in the book were Arnold Palmer, Clint Eastwood, Lee Majors, Farrah Fawcett, Dickie Smothers and Jimmy Hoffa. Claude was also Maffia connected. Aloha, Charles
                The book is available on amazon.com, barnesandnoble.com, buy.com and all online book sellers
                Last edited by VSnick1; April 27, 2011, 03:35 AM. Reason: forgot some information

Comment

Originally posted by VSnick1 View Post
                  I truly do hope that this clears up any disbelief about the book.
                  In pointing out that I couldn't find any links between "Claude Hall" & "Marlboro Man", I did not suggest that the story itself was untrue.

I assume this is the "vintage magazine ad" to which you refer; and this is the interview with Mr. Brock.

Neither of these provide any proof that (a) the photo is of Mr. Hall, nor that (b) Mr. Brock's recollection is accurate. I am, however, beginning to doubt the validity of the claim; whether Philip Morris denies his employment or not, the truth behind these things tends to get out anyway - after all, in a courtroom, PM denied that David McLean was one of their "men," which turned out to be false.

Again - I'm not saying the book is false, or bad or good. But I am saying that, on face value, the story seems to have a few holes. I also noticed that you, Charles Michael Vandersnick, wrote some of the 5-star reviews on places like Amazon, and Barnes & Noble, as well as this one under the same name you used for your blog post about the book - all without revealing your familial tie to the author. So, you've clearly been working the review systems online, making them now all suspect.

And if anyone else in interested in more interesting stories, you are always welcome to google Mr. Vandersnick's name - and get a good look at him as well. FWIW, the photo comes from the same little central Florida town as the independent publisher of the book (who, incidentally, don't even list this book on their website) - "fugitive from justice / Hawaii / violation of probation - burglary" ... then there's the lawsuit regarding Waiohinu Dreams LLC ... and the related real-estate questions about your and Marcia's new Soulutions LLC company in The Villages, Florida ...

On face value and if the book is true, it sounds as if your wife went through a horrific experience. You, on the other hand, may not be the best person to be handling her promotions.
                  Last edited by Leo Lakio; April 27, 2011, 06:46 AM.

Comment

(Yeah --- a little extra time on my hands this morning, always a dangerous thing.)

If you want to make people angry, lie to them. If you want to make them absolutely livid, tell them the truth.

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out where this "Red Noodle" club was - I sure don't recall anyplace by that name in the early 70's. Can anyone help me on this?
                      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                        I'm still trying to figure out where this "Red Noodle" club was - I sure don't recall anyplace by that name in the early 70's. Can anyone help me on this?
                        Dunno - somewhere in Waikīkī in the early '70s - Wayne Harada mentioned it in a posting on the S-A's "Show & Tell Hawai`i" blog, and Napoleon Brock has recently released a CD that was recorded there in 1973.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                          and get a good look at him as well.
                          Leo, yu da bomb! Looks like could be the Marlboro Man too.
                          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Well done Leo Lakio! Excellent research.
                            Does kinda make the whole situation suspect though.
                            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Gotta give him points for living on Aloha Way, though.

And to be fair, the website with the mug shot does state (complete with grammatical error): "The people featured here have may not of been convicted of the charges or crimes listed and are presumed innocent."

Comment

Working...
                              X