New Advertiser website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Advertiser website

Well, I just looked at your KGMB website and I didn't see any local breaking news on it, just mostly national and international.
    It's local breaking news that I'm most interested in.
    For instance, Kam Highway is closed in both directions at Kualoa Point right now, due to an accident at 4:30 this morning, and is expected to stay closed for a few more hours from now. I'll be checking the Advertiser site often to see when the road re-opens. That's local breaking news that's important to a lot of folks, and the Advertiser is still the only place to see it, as far as I know.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
      Well, I just looked at your KGMB website and I didn't see any local breaking news on it, just mostly national and international.
      It's local breaking news that I'm most interested in.
      For instance, Kam Highway is closed in both directions at Kualoa Point right now, due to an accident at 4:30 this morning, and is expected to stay closed for a few more hours from now. I'll be checking the Advertiser site often to see when the road re-opens. That's local breaking news that's important to a lot of folks, and the Advertiser is still the only place to see it, as far as I know.
      Got me on that one... We are trying to get more local news updates and do during the day. Please do check us out as we are a work in progress. A snap shot at a single point in time may not be the best image for any entity.

Staff is trying to get all the Superferry stuff up from this morning and they are a little slow going with the video.

But I appreciate any comments. And trust me... As I do check in here and am the one that would make any changes to the site, any comments will be taken into consideration.
      Last edited by KGMB9; March 19, 2009, 08:53 AM.

Comment

It's also the case that the "breaking news" list of stories is often different on the Advertiser home page and the local news page. I've seen it happen that an important breaking local news story is posted on the "home" page well before it appears on the "local news" page. Seems odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
          It's also the case that the "breaking news" list of stories is often different on the Advertiser home page and the local news page. I've seen it happen that an important breaking local news story is posted on the "home" page well before it appears on the "local news" page. Seems odd.
          I don’t see what’s so odd about it. Breaking news is the latest news, so ofcourse you would want the most immediate access to it. Hence its location on the home page. It eliminates the extra step of finding the link to the Local News section. On top of that, ‘Local News’ is a specific category of news that applies only to hard news stories which do not fit into the Business, Features, National or Sports sections. You may believe a particular Breaking News item fits best in Local News, but wouldn’t that be better decided once the story has had time to develop into a full-fledged article?
          Last edited by TuNnL; March 20, 2009, 07:10 PM. Reason: clarity

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
            I don’t see what’s so odd about it. Breaking news is the latest news, so ofcourse you would want the most immediate access to it. Hence its location on the home page. It eliminates the extra step of finding the link to the Local News section. On top of that, ‘Local News’ is a specific category of news that applies only to hard news stories which do not fit into the Business, Features, National or Sports sections. You may believe a particular Breaking News item fits best in Local News, but wouldn’t that be better decided once the story has had time to develop into a full-fledged article?
            The Tizer has gotten much better at posting "real" breaking news. For a long time much of what they posted as such was just junk. No more cat in tree breaking stories.....as "breaking" stories....

Comment

Breakin' News: Advertiser Boogaloo

Comment

Don't know it it's temporary, but the Advertiser appears to have removed the bar up top where you could click on the different "sections" of the site - home - local news - sports - etc.

An inconvenience, kinda like the Star Bull taking the all-story listing off the home page.

Comment

ok - must have been a temporary glitch - it's back

Comment

Working...
                  X