Hawaii WOMF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii WOMF

Hawaii Threads was mentioned in today's edition of the Star Bulletin in Erika Engle's TheBUZZ business column...

Driving customer traffic by any means necessary

There are locally-focused online gathering places, such as hawaiithreads.com and food and restaurant-focused blogs such as onokinegrindz.com, tastyisland.wordpress.com and the Hawaii Restaurant Association-connected myalohavibe.com.

Many popular Web sites get that way because links get e-mailed around by one person to one or more friends, but very few of those sites -- if any -- get the back up of promotion through a television partnership.

The exception in Hawaii is womf.com, which stands for Word of Mouth Forums, for which KGMB-TV has been running commercials.
    Hmmm, look who else is included in that short list!
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Re: Hawaii Threads in the News (print)

Heh heh, kudos to you, Pomai for making the list!

I can't help but smile whenever I see HT mentioned in Ms. Engle's columns.
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Another Web Site to check out is http://www.ourtown808.com/

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Since the original story written by Erika Engle is more about Hawaii Womf, I decided to move this thread to Hawaii Internet Media.

Has anyone from this board signed up to Hawaii Womf. It seems to be something like a blog site more than a message board. I signed up, but have not posted anything.

You can use this thread to discuss the other sites mentioned above too.

I might rename the thread to reflect that if discussion goes toward a more general Hawaii online communities discussion.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
        X