Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Star-Bulletin on the Web

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
    *sucks thumb, whining that they can spam all the ads they want, I won't complain, as long as they bring back the paper to we neighbor isles*

thlurrrp thluuurp thlurrrp I wanna read the paperâ„¢ again thlurrrp thluuurp
    I hear you, P.M., and to the degree I can, I sympathize. The Seattle P-I shut down their print edition altogether this past Tuesday. I've been a subscriber for years, but we are most affected at work.

Comment

Who's writing the headlines there? I saw this one today, and for a minute I took it literally and thought Hokulea had literally HIT Palmyra Atoll and I was concerned about the damage to Hokulea.
      Then I figured out that "hit" meant "arrived" in some headline writer's mind. Heh.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
        Who's writing the headlines there? I saw this one today, and for a minute I took it literally and thought Hokulea had literally HIT Palmyra Atoll and I was concerned about the damage to Hokulea.
        Then I figured out that "hit" meant "arrived" in some headline writer's mind. Heh.
        Hey! I thought you were gone "for good" from the SB site.....?? say what you mean....mean what you say....ha! you just eliminated yourself from the Star Bulletin bitching game.....you can't go to the site anymore to complain cause you don't go there anymore right??? welcome back kotter...

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          I hear you, P.M., and to the degree I can, I sympathize. The Seattle P-I shut down their print edition altogether this past Tuesday. I've been a subscriber for years, but we are most affected at work.
          Though this is the SB thread, I am going to interrupt our regularly-scheduled broadcast to extend my deepest condolences, Leo. I know it is a death of sorts for you,. like how not being able to read the SB is a death of sorts for me

pax

Comment

BLOCKING FLASH ADS

In the ongoing battle to block intrusive roll down, pop over and pop under ads, I've found a better solution in a browser I started using.

From the Mozilla family comes Camino, which I think is very good at blocking the roll downs from StarBulletin.com when you select the options shown above in the preferences pane.

Camino like its cousin, Firefox is part of the Mozilla group of browsers. Seems to be only available for Mac OSX 10.4 or higher. I got it running on my new MacBook Pro with 10.6.

Camino home page: http://caminobrowser.org

Camino features: http://caminobrowser.org/features/ (good stuff)
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
            X