Podcasting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Podcasting!

I was thinking more along the lines of a NaNoWriMo piece as the basis of a podcast play. Be nice to hear Turner 454 as a podcast play.

Comment

in case anyone here likes the blues, this guy (a linux freako) puts out a great show every week:

http://www.roadhousepodcast.com/
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

For those of you who dare venture into the murky waters of public access television, there'll be a live chat about podcasting tomorrow night on High Tech Hawaii:
        Hawaii is blessed with podcasting expertise to help you answer those questions. The tenth season of High Tech Hawaii will open with a stimulating and informed review of podcasting. The show will feature one of Hawaii's foremost technology pundits, Peter Kay, along with local "New Media" guru Ryan K. Ozawa, and podcasting expert Todd Cochrane, who literally "wrote the book" on podcasting. Join host David Lassner as these three guests illuminate how podcasting works, how it's being used, what's happening with podcasting in Hawaii, and how you can get started as a podcast consumer or producer.
        There'll also be a live web stream, and I think it'll even be archived online.

Comment

Wow, they're calling you a guru now? Not too shabby...

Comment

Heh. That's all them. The only title I willingly bestow upon myself is "dork." I'm pretty sure the cheesy bio I sent them said "citizen media advocate," which really is just a nicer way of saying "dork."

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
              Heh. That's all them. The only title I willingly bestow upon myself is "dork." I'm pretty sure the cheesy bio I sent them said "citizen media advocate," which really is just a nicer way of saying "dork."
              Excellent job tonight! You were wearing the best shirt (by far) and answered all of the questions concisely. Your media poise is growing with each appearance. They did indeed apply the citizen media advocate moniker each time your name appeared. We were proud!

Comment

Hee! Thanks. Though more than a few folks have told me I need to stop slouching.

If you missed it, you can actually watch the whole High Tech Hawaii podcasting program in RealVideo format here, and you can just download the audio as an MP3 here.

Comment

Congratulations to local podcaster (and author and all 'round great guy) Todd Cochrane of Geek News Central, who filed his one-hundredth episode this weekend. Few podcasters anywhere have stayed the course as long as he has, so I'm glad one of the true veterans of the genre is right here in Hawaii.

Comment

The iTrip is way cool. It's a lipstick-sized device that plugs into the port on the top of the iPod (which also provides power to the device). It broadcast your MP3's in "CD quality" stereo to any FM radio within a limited range (not sure what the spec is). All you do is specify the FM station that you want to use (<FCC> rules apply). We were able to receive crystal-clear reception to my office radio from his iPod from more than 100 ft. of visual range. To top it, the signal-to-noise ratio and frequency range are exceptional. Only a pure audiophile could find any complaint about it.
                    I found that the iTrip when used say, in my classroom, with a boombox, it worked GREAT! But when trying to use it in my car, forget it! Too much static. No matter what I did I never had a clear signal. I will probably have to buy a cassette adapter, if I feel desperate enough.

Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

Originally posted by tiptoetulip
                      I found that the iTrip when used say, in my classroom, with a boombox, it worked GREAT! But when trying to use it in my car, forget it! Too much static. No matter what I did I never had a clear signal. I will probably have to buy a cassette adapter, if I feel desperate enough.

Try the PodFreq. It's more expensive but works in areas where I get poor to no FM reception. It's the only iPod accessory I've purchased

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                        Try the PodFreq. It's more expensive but works in areas where I get poor to no FM reception. It's the only iPod accessory I've purchased
                        Thanks, tutusue! I will have to look that up now.
                        Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

Watch out, iTunes and Podcast Alley, Yahoo! has jumped into the podcast directory business. Search for both shows and individual episodes, manage subscriptions, and more. Here's the listing for my show, and for my wife's Lost podcast.

Ah, yet another spot where podcasters can beg for votes. Sorry, couldn't resist.
                          Last edited by pzarquon; October 11, 2005, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Looked at Yahoo, I think I'll stick with iTunes.
                            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Just want to give a shout out to my favorite local podcasts, Docter Trey and 808 Talk . Trey and Jroq put on a fast-paced entertaining local music show. V. Brown and Big Daddy are just goofy enough to listen to every week.
                              Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                              Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                                Watch out, iTunes and Podcast Alley, Yahoo! has jumped into the podcast directory business. Search for both shows and individual episodes, manage subscriptions, and more. Here's the listing for my show, and for my wife's Lost podcast.

Ah, yet another spot where podcasters can beg for votes. Sorry, couldn't resist.
                                I searched this forum and didn't find any previous mention of the following. And since I've managed to embarrass you elsewhere today, Ryan, I'll take great satisfaction in doing the same thing here!

Anyway, as I mentioned 'elsewhere'...
                                "While coasting along on the excitement of success of some of our local filmmakers at this year's HIFF...they just happen to be filmmakers I work with a lot...I followed a link to a url from my current director's web page to a local news article:
                                http://tinyurl.com/eybf8
                                James Sereno won't be of any interest to you but there's another item in this column that will. This guy never ceases to amaze me!"

Especially the ranking! High 5 to Jen and Ryan!

...and my usual disclaimer: Sorry if this was already mentioned. I didn't find it!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X