Who has the best-looking website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has the best-looking website?

I just noticed that News 8 just updated their website into a new format. So, with all four stations' websites updated, who do you think has the best looking website?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Who has the best-looking website?

I like KHON's
    Much more user friendly than most

Comment

hey, bbcmay-

Just out of curiosity, what makes KHON’s website “more friendly”? It appears to be a carbon copy of KGMB’s website minus the pretty graphics and television lineup guide.

KGMB9 News

KHON FOX-2

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

yea, they both look as if from the same template.

I am so sick of seeing that slogan
        Hawaii's severe weather station..

in Hawaii. which has the most constant, placid, peaceful, perfect weather 360 days a year. we have a major tv station calling itself severe weather channel.
        jeeezeus!

Comment

TheHawaiiChannel.com has launched their new format today.

TheHawaiiChannel.com

(If you've used the site before, empty your cache and reload)
          Last edited by Richfuel; May 11, 2006, 10:24 AM.
          Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine!

Comment

KITV's new look is cleaner and otherwise faster loading, but I gotta give a big thumbs down to the autoloading, autoplaying, embedded Flash video. If I want to hear their theme song and watch a little promo, I'll click on it. Otherwise, it's a distinct disincentive to visit regularly, since I don't want to put up with the mess everytime I want to check for a new headline.

Comment

Hey Ryan, just disable Active X from your web browser. You can set Internet Explorer to prompt you on whether or not to activate it. Since you know you don’t want to be bombarded by “The Team You Know,” every time you go to the KITV site, this would be a handy option. It will also protect you from all sorts of Active X controls like embedded adware/spyware and even malicious viruses. But you’re a tech guy, so why I am telling you all this? Plus I don’t like their website either. Mainly it’s still too busy and disorganized for my taste.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
              USA TODAY, page 2A
              11 March 1993

Comment

Yeah, I know, for a guy who is generally an Internet minimalist and traditionalist, I should know that ActiveX is evil anyway. But, I'm working with embedded media and other interactive gobbledygook myself these days... so I know that if you're going to get all fancy, there's still a smart way and a stupid way to do it. Autoplaying a video clip on a pageload is stupid... er, I guess unless you're YouTube.

Comment

It's official...TheHawaiiChannel no longer "autoplays" video when you load the site, but video is still available on demand. Hope that makes everyone feel better.
                  Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine!

Comment

Thanks, Slick. But it seems that soon after that annoying autoplaying video disappeared from KITV's site, an annoying Flash ad with sound appeared, courtesy Hawaiian Telcom. Flash ads are annoying enough when they get obnoxious visually... who on earth thinks it's a good idea that they talk, too?

Comment

KITV thehawaiichannel.com has a new feature where you can watch a short newscast at midday. There's also a morning show blog. The blog about Case and Akaka giving each other the cold shoulder was funny.

The Advertiser, Bulletin and KITV seem to have the most updated and current stories.

Comment

Working...
                      X