X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buzz1941
    replied
    Re: Ax falling at Advertiser

Jim Dooley has kicked our ass several times. A loss for Hawaii's citizens and another reason to stop reading the Advertiser.

Leave a comment:

• sin
    replied

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    He is also the late Rhonda's ex-hubby.
    I met her once when Jim brought her Christmas caroling one year. She made the rest of us media slobs sound good. Beautiful voice and such a nice woman.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
    I believe that is Leslie Wilcox ex-husband.

Aj
    He is also the late Rhonda's ex-hubby.

Leave a comment:

• sin
    replied

Wonder if Jim will work part time at the Bulletin like Ken K. does now.

Leave a comment:

• lavagal
    replied

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post

Aj
    It's been quite some time since then, and other relationships. If we got into whose exes are whose, we'd have to start a whole new thread.

Leave a comment:

• Kalihiboy
    replied

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    I hear that investigative reporter Jim Dooley is taking the buyout.

Aj

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

I hear that investigative reporter Jim Dooley is taking the buyout.

Leave a comment:

• sin
    replied

I had heard that despite the flailing economy the amount of political ads out there were keeping both papers afloat. Then after the election the holidays kick in so the real pain shouldn't start until after the new year. If that's the case then I guess the Tiser is getting a head start on some projected cuts no?

Leave a comment:

• foolish heart
    replied

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
    not at all foolish heart - it came out different from what i had in mind - i would want an internship with the advertiser
    Then I wish you success in that regard.

Leave a comment:

• Seeking Penance
    replied

Originally posted by foolish heart View Post
    With all due respect, I hope you aren't crossing your fingers and hoping that someone will lose their job and livelihood simply for your benefit.

The image of a vulture circling a dying creature comes to mind. I know not why.

not at all foolish heart - it came out different from what i had in mind - i would want an internship with the advertiser

Leave a comment:

• Kaukura
    replied

we advertise with both papers and midweek. MOst our dollars go to Hon Ad. It is like pulling teeth to get our rep there at Hon Ad to call me or answer my emails. Has been for over a year. You think they'd coddle a relationship.

I wish the Star had the pull the Hon Ad did as I'd funnel our dollars over there in a heartbeat.

Leave a comment:

• foolish heart
    replied

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
    *crosses fingers*

an internship with the advertiser is a coming

would love for the chance to dabble my opinions and columns with whomever will replace Wayne Harada!!!!

just need to work on my spelling let alone operate spellcheck and some other things i need to work on

;-)
    With all due respect, I hope you aren't crossing your fingers and hoping that someone will lose their job and livelihood simply for your benefit.

The image of a vulture circling a dying creature comes to mind. I know not why.

Leave a comment:

• Seeking Penance
    replied

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    Oh no... what will Jimmy Borges do for publicity?!
    Honestly. Something like 90% of Wayne Harada's columns mention Jimmy Borges. Maybe there's a man-crush there. Dunno.
    Seriously, it'd be a shame to lose Harada's column. Would they replace him with some rookie, or... ?
    *crosses fingers*

an internship with the advertiser is a coming

would love for the chance to dabble my opinions and columns with whomever will replace Wayne Harada!!!!

just need to work on my spelling let alone operate spellcheck and some other things i need to work on

;-)
    Last edited by Seeking Penance; October 22, 2008, 12:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Originally posted by sin View Post
    Heard one of the buyouts is Wayne H.
    Oh no... what will Jimmy Borges do for publicity?!
    Honestly. Something like 90% of Wayne Harada's columns mention Jimmy Borges. Maybe there's a man-crush there. Dunno.
    Seriously, it'd be a shame to lose Harada's column. Would they replace him with some rookie, or... ?

Leave a comment:

• sin
    replied

Heard one of the buyouts is Wayne H.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X