Star Advertiser "top ten" events of 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Advertiser "top ten" events of 2010

I thought ThePaper's entry about the Star Bull + Advertiser merger in it's listing of top ten events of the year was laughable. The lede is buried in the last sentence:

3) The Honolulu Star-Advertiser: The consolidation of Honolulu's two largest daily newspapers this year catapulted the combined product, the Honolulu Star-Advertiser, into the nation's No. 2 spot for market penetration. By that industry measure the Star-Advertiser is second only to the Times Leader of Wilkes-Barre, Pa.

The newspaper, the largest daily in the state with an average daily circulation of 128,000 (135,000 on Sunday), published its first issue June 7. The consolidation came as a result of Gannett Co.'s decision to end nearly four decades of newspaper ownership in Hawaii and sell The Honolulu Advertiser to Canadian-based Black Press, owner of longtime rival the Honolulu Star-Bulletin. The two papers had competed for more than a century; however, the last decade had been especially contentious as they, like newspapers around the country, lost advertising share.

Some 453 jobs were lost in the consolidation. - Allison Schaefers

Read the whole top ten list at:

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/2...aptivated.html

and let the debate begin.

Re: Star Advertiser "top ten" events of 2010

About as far reaching as the merger of KGMB-KHNL-KFVE the year before. More eyeballs I think have turned away from the joint entities.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
    X