Lee Cataluna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lee Cataluna

Yup, she's still out. Let's just say it WILL be great to have her back.
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

From Wayne Harada (Oct. 3):
      If you've wondered about the whereabouts of playwright and Advertiser columnist Lee Cataluna, she's been on leave; maternity leave, as a matter of fact, tending to James Donald Kainoapuka Kelly, who was born July 24. "Such an amazing blessing," said Cataluna of Kainoa; no doubt she and dad Jim Kelly take turns with diaper changes and feedings.

Comment

That's great! Glad to hear that her absence is due to good news.

Comment

From Wayne Harada (Oct. 3):
          Quote:
          If you've wondered about the whereabouts of playwright and Advertiser columnist Lee Cataluna, she's been on leave; maternity leave, as a matter of fact, tending to James Donald Kainoapuka Kelly, who was born July 24. "Such an amazing blessing," said Cataluna of Kainoa; no doubt she and dad Jim Kelly take turns with diaper changes and feedings.

Now that's a happy ending...

Congrats to Lee & Husband, and welcome to the Baby Boy Club.

Comment

Lee sent a birth announcement, complete with adorable pic, to the ICU at Queens a few weeks ago. I didn't post the info here because I hadn't seen it announced publicly.

Beautiful baby. Blessings on all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
              Lee sent a birth announcement, complete with adorable pic, to the ICU at Queens a few weeks ago. I didn't post the info here because I hadn't seen it announced publicly.

Beautiful baby. Blessings on all of them.
              wow, congrats for sure. i can't believe she decided to give childbirth another try after what happened the first time. i definitely would have been traumatized for life. more power to her and God bless.

Comment

In today's Advertiser there's a big announcement of the return of Lee on February 11th. Good news since I've been jonesing for a fix of "tita-lit".

Comment

that's certainly good news.

i'm looking forward to the 11th
                  life is ok sometimes

Comment

* major bump *

She's moving back from Palm Springs. Her husband accepted a new job on Kauai. She'll be back as soon as she finished the college classes she's taking over there in California.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                      * major bump *

She's moving back from Palm Springs. Her husband accepted a new job on Kauai. She'll be back as soon as she finished the college classes she's taking over there in California.
                      What does her husband do?
                      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                        What does her husband do?
                        Jim Kelly worked in the newspaper biz as well; he used to be the Editorial Page Editor of the Advertiser, and was once Editor of Pacific Business News. He will join the Kauai Island Utility Cooperative as communications manager on April 23.

Comment

There you go, Mike. See how easy Google is?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

After reading Lee's article in this past Sunday's online Star Advertiser, I almost missed this little blurb at the very bottom:
                            ———
                            Author's note: I started writing this column in 2000 and have been grateful every day for the opportunity to do so. I'm excited to be joining the English Department faculty at ‘Iolani School and so this will be my last regular column. I want to express my thanks to the Star-Advertiser and to the readers and to all the people who let me write their stories. A hui hou.

Comment

Working...
                            X