small newspapers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small newspapers

What are some of the popular small newspapers on Oahu?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: small newspapers

Well, of course I'd have to say the East Oahu Sun! And, as a former writer, Pacific Business News.
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

The Honolulu Star-Bulletin
      Burl Burlingame
      "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
      honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
        What are some of the popular small newspapers on Oahu?
        Adrian, if you're asking this question because you want to find out which newspapers your boss can advertise his business in, I suggest that you Google "community newspapers in Honolulu" and look through that.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
          Adrian, if you're asking this question because you want to find out which newspapers your boss can advertise his business in, I suggest that you Google "community newspapers in Honolulu" and look through that.
          what, you have my email password?
          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
            ahhh. Me thinks we have a wee bit humility.
            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
              what, you have my email password?
              No, but you like give 'em to me?

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Honolulu Weekly, Mid Week.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                  Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                  Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                  Well, of course I'd have to say the East Oahu Sun! And, as a former writer, Pacific Business News.
                  So what, every rag out there besides the Advertiser is a "small" newspaper?

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
                    I'd debate if SB is a "small" newspaper. PBN is more of a specialty. I think the rest would certainly quality.

Island Weekly is a subsidiary of the Advertiser. Not sure the relationship between MidWeek and SB, but at least the advertising is connected.

Comment

Pretty much. And the Advertiser owns most of the small ones.
                      Burl Burlingame
                      "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                      honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

I'd debate if SB is a "small" newspaper.
                        Well, if you'd debate that... I don't see how you could call MidWeek a "small" newspaper.

I don't see how you can call it a real newspaper, either. It's all about the ads and feel-good stories.

But maybe that's just me.

What makes a newspaper "small" in Hawaii? Is it just based on circulation? Or peoples' perceptions of the publication?

Comment

What makes a newspaper "small" in Hawaii? Is it just based on circulation? Or peoples' perceptions of the publication?
                          I am curious about this, too. All of the dailies for each isle could qualify as being small AND being the dominant paper on the islan--Palolo, wtf is with your avatar?? Blackout eyes are throwin' me off...{{{willies}}}

pax

Comment

Well, if you'd debate that... I don't see how you could call MidWeek a "small" newspaper.

I don't see how you can call it a real newspaper, either. It's all about the ads and feel-good stories.

But maybe that's just me.

With a circulation of over 270,000, the largest in the state, I don't see how anyone can call MidWeek a small "newspaper," which Websters defines as a printed publication containing news, advertisments, correspondence, etc. Usually published daily or weekly. Some people may not care for the content, but it's still a newspaper even if its only "Good News each Week"

Comment

Well, gee, this was so surprising.
                              Somebody asks about small newspapers, and it turns into an SB-Advertiser debate again.
                              "Hey, what's the best ice cream in town? I like Rocky Road. Didn't the S-B have a rocky road on the way to becoming a great newspaper? Great newspaper? Doesn't the Advertiser suck?"
                              Honestly, I think Doc just wanted a list of quality small newspapers without rehashing the daily newspaper war.
                              That said, I recommend Pacific Business News.

Comment

Working...
                              X