Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aku or Whodaguy?

Originally posted by Larry Miller
    In 1963, I did the overnight at KGU; got to say hello to Aku (real name: Hal Lewis) every morning.
    His main competition then was Lucky Luck.
    I would say that he was the far more entertaining air personality. Smooth as silk.
    Lucky was good at what he did as well.
    Ron Jacobs? Only if you could stand the top 40 format at K-POI...

Larry Miller

Overnights at KGU...I've been there too. Once Alan Zee (Zukerkorn) told me to clean out KGU's archives and toss out everything. I kept one 5-inch 1/4" reel tape of Aku's air check as he did his morning newscast. I'll bet this copy is one of the best preserved and sonically sounding artifacts of Aku's voice doing what he does best: News and commentary. And yes I have it as an MP3 file.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Re: Aku or Whodaguy?

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
      I think Hal Aku Lewis made more money than Ron Jacobs so I'll have to vote for Aku. Since I worked with RJ and he had a temper that made Frank Shaner look like a pussy cat.
      My favorite Ron Jacobs story: When he was first starting out, he was doing a basketball game- live play-by-play- and some local boys were making a lot of noise close to where he was set up. He killed the mic, yelled at them to shut the F*** up, and got his okole kicked.

Larry

Comment

Working...
      X