Mike Murry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Murry

I read this thread from time to time as a fun past time just being an ole radio dog. There was a dear freind of my wife and I who was in radio in Hawaii for over 25 years who passed away Saturday August 12th. His name was Michael "Mikey" Murray. To the best of my knowledge his last stint in Hawaii before moving to the mainland was at KRATER. His memorial will be Saturday Sept 23rd in California. We got to share some old radio war stories togther and I truly enjoyed. What a great set of pipes Mikey had. Would love to read some post's from some of Mikey's old friends and former colleagues. If you need further info please email me and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks.

Re: Mike Murry

Wow what is it with this year...so many Hawaii ex-patriate jocks passing away.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

It is with great sadness that I just read about Mike Murry's passing. When I was a young and stupid disc-jockey at the University of Hawaii radio station, KTUH-FM, he was our chief engineer. I remember his great voice and his great sense of humor. He was also a very down-to-earth guy. If you met him, you would never guess that he was a very popular night time jock at KRATER 96("Love Songs")(In fact, my old girlfriend and I were once his "Love Songs Couple of the Week"). The man didn't have a big ego and he had a warm heart. He always offered lots of advice when he visited the station. Even though we haven't met for many years, it is sad to hear about him being gone. My condolences to his family and friends. God bless Mike Murry!!

Comment

We at KSSK called him "Miguel." I worked with him for many years and really enjoyed knowing him. He was sorta like the big brother I never had. I was sad when he and his wife/mother of his sons divorced -- but very happy to learn that he was happily remarried and gainfully employed driving a truck on the mainland. When we last communicated he seemed super-happy and I was stoked for him.
        Hearing of his death from another fellow co-worker came to me as a body blow.
        If he and Cliff are hanging out together, with Wili Moku, Steven B. Williams, Lan Roberts and others who've gone on -- they're having a GREAT time -- and I can just imagine the laughter coming from all those fabulous pipes.
        I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Working...
        X