Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Hawaiian songs. Title/ Artist please anybody??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Hawaiian songs. Title/ Artist please anybody??

Howzit to everybody from da chilly mainland of nor-cali, This is my first post, trying to jog my memory of two Hawaiian folk-rock tunes heard on the radio about 1979-1981, both were sung in Hawaiian: One was about a motorcycle; and had a funny "Brrum-ba-ba-bup" refrain (like a motorbike changing gears) maybe called "Mokokaikale" sorry if my spelling wen bad already...
    The second was a funny song about U.FO.s also in Hawaiian.
    Sound familiar to anybody??
    Mahalo's and much Aloha,
    D.J. Funky_Buddha

Re: Two Hawaiian songs. Title/ Artist please anybody??

Originally posted by Funky_buddha
    Howzit to everybody from da chilly mainland of nor-cali, This is my first post, trying to jog my memory of two Hawaiian folk-rock tunes heard on the radio about 1979-1981, both were sung in Hawaiian: One was about a motorcycle; and had a funny "Brrum-ba-ba-bup" refrain (like a motorbike changing gears) maybe called "Mokokaikale" sorry if my spelling wen bad already...
    The second was a funny song about U.FO.s also in Hawaiian.
    Sound familiar to anybody??
    Mahalo's and much Aloha,
    D.J. Funky_Buddha
    I can see the first one in my head. I remember that refrain.
    but da second... eh how you know its about ufos if its in hawaiian?!

Comment

Originally posted by Funky_buddha
      trying to jog my memory about a motorcycle; and had a funny "Brrum-ba-ba-bup" refrain (like a motorbike changing gears) maybe called "Mokokaikale"
      I hear what i think may be that song almost erry day on

KNUI AM 900
      radio station playing a variety of Hawaiian, ethnic and specialty programming. Visit site for show schedule, news, personality profiles and pictu...
      www.knuiam900.com/

yes; erry day. It's a small station with a short playlist and reminds me of the old days of Hawaiian radio;
      KCCN, KORL, etc.
      back before ummm; Jawaiian (pardon me for swearing) was invented.

Comment

As far as a motorcycle song...I think the song may be by Na Keonimana (The Gentlemen). This group consisted of members, Mike Kaawa, Keli'i Tau'a, Allen Pokipala and I forget the last members name. I know for sure it's off their first LP. As for the ufo song, that's by the Peter Moon band. It's off the Tropical Storm album. And the title is U.F.O. Hope that helps.
        Hanapaa
        Last edited by Hanapaa; August 10, 2004, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hanapaa
          As far as a motorcycle song...I think the song may be by Na Keonimana (The Gentlemen). This group consisted of members, Mike Kaawa, Keli'i Tau'a, Allen Pokipala and I forget the last members name. I know for sure it's off their first LP. As for the ufo song, that's by the Peter Moon band. It's off the Tropical Storm album. And the title is U.F.O. Hope that helps.
          Hanapaa
          Hey Big Mahalo's to errybody who holler back at me!! Shaka!
          Now I gotta try look these tune on da mainland... "Na Keonimana" & "Peter Moon's 'Tropical Storm" On Vinyl, god willing...:}
          T'anks again
          D.J. Funky_Buddha

Comment

Working...
          X