• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pzarquon
    replied
    Re: Mahlon Moore & KHUI

Originally posted by kimohalliway
    The breeze format, which was largely developed by those two, is outdated.
    Does anyone know if they've made tweaks to their playlists already? I was listening late last week, and heard a lot of contemporary stuff and had to turn it off. Thought I was listening to the old KUMU for a minute.

Leave a comment:

• Hanapaa
    replied

kimohalliway...Do you know Skylark? What she has done and continues to do for "our" Hawaiian community is priceless. How can you make judgements that are so far off. How long have you been in the radio industry? What's your credentials?
    I've worked very close with Sky and she has always been a great source of knowledge filled with aloha and has taught me many things that I consider "priceless".
    To me me you sound like a whiner that hides in this forum and is bitter about things that didn't go right in your life.
    I could be wrong but, please share your infinite wisdom with all of us on everything you know about RADIO.

Kimo Villarimo

Leave a comment:

• kimohalliway
    replied

Originally posted by LikaNui
    Because the rest of us don't share your opinion of them.
    At all.

Alright then I guess I have to show proof of my statement...

What has any one of those 2 people done significantly in radio in the last 20years in the way of raising revenue and ratings (VALUE OF A RADIO STATION) for their respective companies. tick tick tick...buzzer. NOTHING

Their is a reason Mahlon bounces around. He is not special or talented. A nice voice is easy to find...I think the phrase is "dime a dozen". Skylark, her time has passed. the sweet sounding boring voice days of the 50's and 60's is over. You can get emotional and disagree but deep inside you know its true. The breeze format, which was largely developed by those two, is outdated. The people of Hawaii are not Tiny Bubbles and sipping Mai tais anymore. My statements though harsh, are true. They are burnouts that did not adjust. Therefore, ho hum, who cares. Just a Hilo mans' opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Peshkwe
    replied

Originally posted by kimo55
    ...or are you just happy to see us?

Then it'd be a hole not the lil-lil waawaabiganoojiinh...

But...hey...yanno....that would explain why he feel so cocky in his plurality.

Leave a comment:

• kimo55
    replied

...or are you just happy to see us?

Leave a comment:

• Peshkwe
    replied

Why are we wasting so much time on these recycled no talent burnouts?

Who's 'we'? You got a mouse in your pocket?

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Because the rest of us don't share your opinion of them.
    At all.

Leave a comment:

• kimohalliway
    replied

Originally posted by Skylark
    Ano'ai,

Mahlon and I remain in touch with each other. He is redesigning his web site and has his hands full. He has my aloha and support, so as I said earlier....as the dial turns.

Mahalo for asking, a hui hou,

SKylark

Leave a comment:

• Peshkwe
    replied

Ano'ai,

Mahlon and I remain in touch with each other. He is redesigning his web site and has his hands full. He has my aloha and support, so as I said earlier....as the dial turns.

SKylark

Miigwech for the reply

Good to know too.

Leave a comment:

• Skylark
    replied

Ano'ai,

SKylark

Leave a comment:

• Peshkwe
    replied

Skylark do you think you'll still do stuff for Mahlon and the net stream being it's his?

Leave a comment:

• Lolo Paka
    replied

Aloha E Skylark!

...and bravo.. and thanks for visiting the boards! We love the music that you played and enjoyed the 'background' info and kaona that you'd shared on the many songs you'd shared with us listeners.

....thank you & God Bless...

LP

Leave a comment:

• Sponge Rider
    replied

Originally posted by Ho'Aikane
    Once again, Hawaii's mahu was being singled out and told "we dont like your kind."
    T.J. Malievsky's statement that "this is not news" (as reported by Erika Engle's Aug 3 column) is quite wrong. In the family that I have, when one of our own is hurt, when he or she is unfairly singled out and suffers at the hand of another, it demands action and truth. And the fact that this willful and evil reaction took place at the hands of a for-profit national corporation - well, that IS news. BIG NEWS THAT EVERYONE SHOULD BE AWARE OF.
    Mahlon and Skylark, thank you for doing the right thing.
    It's a bitter pill to swallow! Full on and blatant discrimination for sure. The first thought that came to mind were the signs of "Whites Only". Choosing a style of music to program or a community to service is the right of any radio group but the flagrance in which Mahlon had to deal with reminds me more of a "SALEM WITCH HUNT". Very small minded.

Leave a comment:

• Ho'Aikane
    replied

Mahlon Moore and Skylark, we love you. We'll support you no matter where your journey takes you. The day that the call from Salem Broadcasting was made to Hula's refusing to broadcast a commercial promoting an artist's appearance - because The Breeze is a "family station" - our hearts were broken. What, are mahu born from immaculate conception? Do we not have "family?" How could a radio stationed playing our music, one of the central pieces of our very culture, be so openly prejudicial toward us? Once again, Hawaii's mahu was being singled out and told "we dont like your kind."
    T.J. Malievsky's statement that "this is not news" (as reported by Erika Engle's Aug 3 column) is quite wrong. In the family that I have, when one of our own is hurt, when he or she is unfairly singled out and suffers at the hand of another, it demands action and truth. And the fact that this willful and evil reaction took place at the hands of a for-profit national corporation - well, that IS news. BIG NEWS THAT EVERYONE SHOULD BE AWARE OF.
    Mahlon and Skylark, thank you for doing the right thing.

Leave a comment:

• '79 KUAI Jock
    replied

Ano'ai Kakou,

I'm new at this...

As they say in this business..."as the dial turns"...this is just another chapter in the days of our lanai.

I mua na mele o ka pae 'aina,

Skylark

New but eloquent!
    welcome!
    Good to see your voice...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X