Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

99.5 the Jewel or 650 AM - Which station is going to win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99.5 the Jewel or 650 AM - Which station is going to win?

Because the music of 99.5 the Jewel overlaps with the music of KRTR 650 AM, I can say that 99.5 the Jewel is competing against 650 AM. Which station is going to win? It's hard to say because although I love to hear Adult Standards in FM stereo, 99.5 the Jewel can only be heard on Oahu, Molokai, and Lanai. 650 AM, on the other hand, can pretty much be heard statewide, especially with an almost local signal on Kauai and Lanai.

Coverage map for KRTR 650 AM

Coverage map for 99.5 the Jewel

Re: 99.5 the Jewel or 650 AM - Which station is going to win?

After listening to both 99.5 the Jewel and 650 AM, I found that 99.5 the Jewel has a better music selection. Songs that 99.5 the Jewel plays that 650 AM doesn't play are "Come Fly With Me" by Frank Sinatra, "Round and Round" by Perry Como, "The Shadow Of Your Smile" by Steve Lawrence, "I've Got the World On a String" by Steve Lawrence, "Put Your Dreams Away" by Frank Sinatra, "In the Misty Moonlight" by Jerry Wallace, "Secret Love" by Doris Day, "If I May" by Nat King Cole, "Answer Me My Love" by Nat King Cole, "Theme from 'A Summer Place'" by the Lettermen, "The Way You Look Tonight" by the Lettermen, and "Rags to Riches" by Tony Bennet. So, I think 99.5 the Jewel is going to be a winner over 650 AM.

Comment

Re: 99.5 the Jewel or 650 AM - Which station is going to win?

I've been listening to 99.5FM since the Christmas season. It was refreshing to hear Christmas music and not Christmas screaming if you know what I mean. What I like about 99.5 is that they do not play the Rolling Stones, Rascals, Creedence, etc. They play oldies but not the guitar-dominated rock and roll. A few Beatles thrown in but hey, who doesn't like the Beatles. I wish Uncle Tom would switch stations from 107.9 to 99.5. No one plays oldies like Uncle Tom.

Comment

Working...
      X