Locally Made TV Specials You'd Like to See Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locally Made TV Specials You'd Like to See Again

Yes, we have a thread about TV Specials Made in Hawaii and several on small kid memories. Over the years, our local TV stations have produced a number of special programs, made in Hawaii and generally only aired in Hawaii. Some have been released to home video and DVD, while others haven't seen the light of day in ages.

Some of the memorable ones for me which I think are still available on DVD or VHS are the following:
    • Andy Bumatai's "All in the Ohana"
    • KGMB TV's "Checkers & Pogo" special with Russell Shimooka
    • "Rap's Hawaii" with Rap Reiplinger
    • The 2 TV specials on Bruddah IZ

Can anyone list others that are available on DVD? I know Edgy Lee has produced a number of programs in recent years. Are they available in the home video market?

A few that I have seen in the past and not seen again include the following:
    • Cecilio & Kapono Special at the release of "Night Music" (1977) KGMB TV
    • "Homegrown II" album special - 1977 on KGMB TV
    • A TV special made by Eddie Kamae about Paniolo and this older guy from Waipio Valley.. forgot the title but one of my relatives was on it.

Know of any others. Will the TV stations broadcast these again?
    I'm still here. Are you?

Re: Locally Made TV Specials You'd Like to See Again

Originally posted by mel View Post
    A TV special made by Eddie Kamae about Paniolo and this older guy from Waipio Valley.. forgot the title but one of my relatives was on it.
    Is it one of the films listed on Uncle Eddie's website?

Only his "Sons of Hawai`i" documentary is available on DVD at present, but he and Myrna hope to make the others available someday.

I think PBS Hawai`i did a documetary on the history of `ukulele a few years back, maybe as part of their "Na Mele" series? I've always wanted to see that one.

Comment

Re: Locally Made TV Specials You'd Like to See Again

Emme Tomminbang and Bob Jones did a number of specials over the years that were interesting.

There was a 50th All Star Wrestling Show. Lawrence Pacheco produced some of the KGMB retro stuff anyone know what has happened to him, I have been trying to locate him.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Working...
      X