Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KIKU TV to air 2 Hour UPN Blocks

UPN Going to KIKU TV

I am sure UPN fans will probably have to adjust their Tivos and VCRs to accomodate the work hour/commute prime time. "Enterprise" in the afternoon? That's probably it.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Re: KIKU TV to air 2 Hour UPN Blocks

Interesting. Who carried UPN's stuff up 'til now? It used to be KFVE, but I remember seeing some UPN stuff since on KGMB. Or maybe I imagined it? Was there a bidding war, and KIKU came up on top? Or was UPN's feed the ugly stepsister no one at a "real network" wanted, and KIKU stepped up to the plate? Sure, 4-6 p.m. is not the best block of time... but it beats being surrounded by infomercials the middle of the night!

Comment

All I hope is that KIKU would never drop UPN in the future, just like KFVE did. That would be two times already...

Comment

Other than Enterprise on KGMB I don't know if any other UPN show was aired on either KGMB or KHON.

As long as the UPN shows are not delayed due to sporting events or some other reason that makes taping them unrealistic it doesn't matter to me.

Comment

1. A few of UPN's shows were aired on both KGMB and KHON TV shortly after KFVE ditched full time airing of the network in 2002. The most notable was "Enterprise" which until last week I guess, aired at various late hours on KGMB. I believe KHON aired a few first run episodes of either "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," and perhaps "Charmed"......

2. Live sports programming with the possible exception of some Japanese baseball games (though I think most are taped) should not be a problem with KIKU since they don't have any live sports type of shows. Taping prime time UPN programs between the 4 and 6 pm hour should not be much of a problem nor face pre-emption due to sports.... especially on weekdays.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Okay does that mean after a 2 year absence or so we can finally see WWE SMACKDOWN on the islands again?

I was amazed the WWE did some house shows with no SMACKDOWN coverage on tv over here, and I noticed they havent come back either.

KalihiBoy

Comment

"Smackdown" will probably be shown in the 10 to 12 pm timeslot. KIKU will be airing some of UPN's programs at that hour on weekends.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I read in the Star Bulletin the other day that Smackdown will in fact make its debut at 10 PM starting November 6th Saturday night. Woohoo.

Comment

Thursday's Advertiser had a list of UPN shows that KIKU is showing.

Comment

I especially remember Moesha. It was ironic in the late 90s when Dawson's Creek was the talk of the town, but because the WB wasn't yet available in Hawaii, we couldn't see it. And The Steve Harvey Show (now in reruns on TBS) is all new to me because it was also on the WB, hence not shown in Hawaii. Of course, when UPN left and was replaced by the WB, we got our fill of Charmed, Everwood, Smallville, etc. but missed out on Platinum and Eve, as well as the latter seasons of The Parkers.
                    Last edited by BKHale2007; November 4, 2004, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X