• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kanahina
    replied
    Re: Ajira Airways

Originally posted by NoCal Boy View Post
    Got an email tonight announcing the "new" Ajira Airways. If you recall, there were a couple of hidden subliminal frames in the first teaser trailer for the new season that was released a couple months back with cryptic references to this mysterious company. It's this season's guerilla marketing campaign.

Check out www.AjiraAirways.com
    okay, so why didn't i get that email? I know i signed up for the email updates when the site was first discovered... grr

anyways, i checked out the site and made my "reservations" for seat 47B of Ajira Airways flight # 316 1/21/09 11:30 am woo-hoo!

just 2 1/2 more weeks!

Leave a comment:

• NoCal Boy
    replied
    Ajira Airways

Got an email tonight announcing the "new" Ajira Airways. If you recall, there were a couple of hidden subliminal frames in the first teaser trailer for the new season that was released a couple months back with cryptic references to this mysterious company. It's this season's guerilla marketing campaign.

Check out www.AjiraAirways.com

Cursory peek reveals lots of references I'd assume point to a few clues:
    "Destiny"
    "Arctic"
    "South Pacific Triangle"

A scrolling message bar displays an odd message:
    "Avoid a new pacific location trouble area..... News..... Get Lost"

A sample boarding pass lists many large airports such as Los Angeles, Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Sydney... And Gaylord, Michigan (GLR)? One of these things is not like the other indeed. Hmmmmm.. Also Guam (GUM). Interesting.

I'm know there are plenty of other hidden clues to be found with deeper digging. Have at it, folks!

(PS - Yes, it's a slow New Year's Eve at our house. We have a three-week old baby to celebrate with this year!)

Leave a comment:

• Joe King
    replied
    Re: "Lost" - Season 5: News & Sightings

I would like to take out Evangeline Lilly on a date.

Leave a comment:

• leashlaws
    replied

We went and heard Jorge Garcia narrate "Peter and the Wolf" last Saturday night. He did a nice job. We were third row center which were great seats
    I can only imagine seeing other shows from that vantage point.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by maximumradio View Post
    [...]Anyone know how this will effect Lost if the strike does happen? How many episodes have been completed so far?
    Should the strike happen it will affect every production that is signatory to the TV/Theatrical contract, just like the writer's strike. Sorry, I don't know how many episodes are in the can.

Leave a comment:

• maximumradio
    replied

I am in Los Angeles this week and there is talk all over the media about SAG going on strike shortly. Anyone know how this will effect Lost if the strike does happen? How many episodes have been completed so far?

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Hey PZ...was Lost shooting inside JJ Dolan's or did you have lunch there? Or...both?!

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

Thanks to Menehune Man's tip, I stopped by Bishop Museum the next morning and nabbed some photos of my own.

http://www.hawaiiweblog.com/2008/12/11/lost-red-square

They actually went straight to Bishop Museum from another location shoot in downtown Honolulu earlier that day, where they again added snow to Merchant Street:

http://www.hawaiiweblog.com/2008/12/10/lost-russia

Both were scenes taking place in Russia, and fortunately a friend of a friend was able to translate the signs.

It was a busy week for "LOST," and fans visiting from the Mainland got to see some of the best stuff (while I was tethered to my desk):

http://www.hawaiiweblog.com/2008/12/06/lost-visitors

As for the premiere on the beach, the answer seems to be no. The beach event budget was cut, and I gather ABC wasn't particularly wedded to the idea in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• Nic
    replied

Hi Menehune Man, and thank you. You write:
    " I got to see Naveen(Sayid) and the 'other' that was caught for a while!"
    Do you mean a LOST island "Other"?
    Nic
    http://miceandchips.com/bluemood

Leave a comment:

• Kalihiboy
    replied

Is there going to be a Premiere in Waikiki in January?

Aj

Leave a comment:

• leashlaws
    replied

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
    I'm the Lieutenant (glorified shift leader) for museum security, evening watch.
    Have you experienced the spirits there? I have and it was awesome!

Leave a comment:

• Menehune Man
    replied

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
    What were you doing at the museum at night?
    I'm the Lieutenant (glorified shift leader) for museum security, evening watch.

Leave a comment:

• leashlaws
    replied

Thanks for the pictures. What were you doing at the museum at night?
    Naveen eats at Town frequently on Waialae.

Leave a comment:

• Menehune Man
    replied
    Re: "Lost": News & Sightings

Lost was filming last night at the Bishop Museum!

I got to see Naveen(Sayid) and the 'other' that was caught for a while!
    Main site was along the mauka side of Hawaiian Hall and in the Courtyard behind.
    We were supposed to be in Russia @ Red Square. They brought in 6 tractor trailer truckloads of snow, sprayed flocking all over the building wall and put up large signage. I opened some windows for them although H/H is still under renovation. Here's two shots I took after all of them were gone.

Old car in the scene

And the biggest sign

That was fun!!!

Leave a comment:

• Nic
    replied

Hi Seeking Penance. Instead of biting, i.e. telling my own joke, I'll report what Cuse and Lindelof said at the recent Screenwriters Expo: Asked what LOST scene was their favorite, Cuse said "the set up for the zombie season." And Lindelof said, "It involves a volcano."
    It might be a spoiler... just joking. Or not.
    Nic
    http://miceandchips.com/bluemood

Leave a comment:

Working...
X