X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kiwidiva
    replied
    Re: 'Hawaii Five-O' 2.0!

I got to be an extra on Hawaii Five-0 yesterday! It was a long and tiring day but I was so excited to have been a small part of the project. Unfortunately, I could not take any pictures as it was a "closed" set.

I am looking forward to the series premier at Sunset on the Beach in September and to seeing the scenes we shot yesterday (episode 2) to see if I get on TV or if I end up on the cutting room floor.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

hi sorry for posting here,i just finished viewing classic hawaii 50 and it was great. when then the original jack lord aka mcgarret say's to the actor who played danny,when he said booke'm danno,then this would bring us to the remake of the classic that'll be on tv in sept.

the new one will be somewhat like the classic and the new mcgarret maybe the former character of jack lord aka mcgarret's son and the cast including actress grace park aka kona kalakaua she could've been a distant daughter of kono from the original series.

even with the new character of chin ho kelly aka daniel day kim,he's perfect for that role.only the new character of danny danno william's could be a distant cousin of the original danny danno william's,what may anyone's thought's be?

Well thank's for your time

Leave a comment:

• Kalihiboy
    replied

As long as the show is well scripted, realistic and pays respect to the original series it should do just fine. The casting will be important obviously but with cop shows you don't need Julliard graduates. With LOST wrapping production next fall (with episodes ending in 2010), the state will welcome a new series in production and hopefully with that, a successful one.

Aj

Leave a comment:

• turtlegirl
    replied

A friend of mine from Hollywierd called me yesterday all excited, saying that Hawaii 5.0 2.0 has been greenlighted. Anybody else heard this? I looked around online to see for myself, so as not to spread rumors, but didn't find anything...

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by ikaika53562 View Post
    I think James MacArthur should return as Governor Danny Williams.
    He should return but not as a high public figure but a mentor to the young McGarrett.

Leave a comment:

• ikaika53562
    replied

I think James MacArthur should return as Governor Danny Williams. I would also like to see Richard Burgi (One West Waikiki) reprise his old role of Mack Wolfe, either as a HPD detective or a detective with Five-0.

Leave a comment:

• Joe King
    replied

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Silly question, perhaps, but to what purpose? What's wrong with the original stuff?
    Nothing, but it would be cool to have a retro show with modern technology.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

The new cast will be probably seem like the replacement players if the original cast goes on strike.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied
    A SouthPark version of 5-0!

With Kenny as McGarrett, 'cause that way the hood takes care of the hair, and even if he get's killed in every episode, he'll always be back for the next!

Damn it, Danno! Book him!

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by Joe King View Post
    Heck, they should just reshoot the original stuff.
    Silly question, perhaps, but to what purpose? What's wrong with the original stuff?

Leave a comment:

• Joe King
    replied

They should shoot it retro style, make everything back in the 70s-80s. A current show would suck and not be interesting. Heck, they should just reshoot the original stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Kalihiboy
    replied

Willem Dafoe is too old but I always thought he looked somewhat like Jack Lord. Josh Brolin is another one who might be able to pull it off, but his movie career is taking off right now. Unless that is the movie he is playing as George W. Bush bombs in the box office and he tries tv again. I loved the political show he had on a few years ago called "Mr. Sterling".

Aj

Leave a comment:

• Kalihiboy
    replied

Steve made out with the "hippy" character played by Nancy Kwan in the pilot, there was another episode I remember where Steve was framed for the murder of his girlfriend. What was odd I thought about the episode is they shot remembrance scenes of the two being happy together (i.e. going out on dates, being on the boat, etc.) and in reality we never saw the two together in any other episode. So we see his girlfriend dead on the floor in the opening few minutes of the show and that was it. So much for character development, I know, I know, the magic of tv and our imagination is supposed to have it all make sense.

Aj

Leave a comment:

• Vanguard
    replied
    Re: 'Hawaii Five-O' 2.0!!

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
    Seems odd in that McGarrett has a son, rarely he had relationships on the show, he was so consumed with his work.
    One night stand? Egg donor?

I wonder who they would cast as his son.

Aj
    Anyone but Shia LaBouf, please!

I wonder if they'll refer to Steve McGarrett at all? It would be a riot if Chris kept talking to him on the telephone and all we saw was an outdoor shot of a high rise apartment and a guy in a straw hat waving out an 8th story window.

Maybe the Chris character will be half 'local'?

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
    I finally watched Hawaii 50 for the first time yesterday!! (Wierd, I know, but I wasn't allowed to watch tv as a kid)

Jack Lord, is that the star's name? EEK!! What's with that hair? It's gotta be a wig, right?! And why does he seem to have a pained expression on his face sometimes, and an 'I think I smelled something' expression the rest of the time? Now, Danno, he was a handsome kid! Tee hee! I really like the show though, so far. Hopefully they're rerunning it this afternoon, too!
    Yes, that's Jack Lord, the man who could've been Captain Kirk.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X