Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kim Gennaula says Aloha to KGMB and Hello to Kapiolani

Originally posted by sin View Post
    Never met Kuu and am not familiar with her work, which is why I didn't mention her.

As for why I picked Maria, she and Keahi are very similar. Both in their 30's, good looking people who did good work in large mainland markets before returning home to their roots. (This is assuming Maria comes back of course). Maria would be transitioning from weather to news, but that's exactly what Kim did in case anyone has forgotten already.
    So what were your impressions of the video I posted? Anyway, Ku‘ualoha Taylor was KGMB9’s weather anchor until she moved to the San Diego market in 2001, and was replaced by Guy Hagi. She shares a similar résumé to Maria (though Quiban has done some acting) and would also transition from weather to news.

but Maria has more experience
    In what way? Just time in front of the camera?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
      [...] She shares a similar résumé to Maria (though Quiban has done some acting) [...]
      Both Ku`ualoha and Maria auditioned with me many times prior to Maria's move and also prior to Ku`ualoha's local weathercaster contract. They were often competitors for the same role! I can't tell you how often each landed an acting part 'cuz my tutu brain can't remember!

Comment

Cindy Paralicio might be a possibility. I know the spelling of her name is wrong because I can't do a search.

Comment

Lisa Kubota could be a possible replacement. She has been a fill-in anchor for Kim on several occasions. But I don't know if her and Keahi would work well anchoring together.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
            So what were your impressions of the video I posted? Anyway, Ku‘ualoha Taylor was KGMB9’s weather anchor until she moved to the San Diego market in 2001, and was replaced by Guy Hagi. She shares a similar résumé to Maria (though Quiban has done some acting) and would also transition from weather to news.

In what way? Just time in front of the camera?
            Maria's onair career started in 1995. Kuu some years after that. That's all I meant. That and LA is a much bigger market than SD.

And AJ, Maria is in her mid-30's. The only reason I know this is because she, Keahi and I are all the same age, give or take a year I believe. Shawn Ching might be almost 40 though.

Comment

Stacy Loe looked very comfortable at the anchor desk at 6 p.m. last night. She worked well with Keahi, as well as Liz and Guy -- but she's been doing a great job on the weekends for some time now, so I wasn't in the least bit surprised that she did so well.

Comment

Stacy is a great anchor but i know she loves her weekend gig because it affords time with her family. I wonder if they're going to keep her there as a main anchor and if so, how she feels about it.

Comment

OK, how about Paula, now that Shawn is leaving? Might be hard for her to come in from "outside" without resentment.

Comment

You mean Paula Akana moving to KGMB to anchor with Keahi?

Comment

You mean Paula Akana moving to KGMB to anchor with Keahi?
                      Think you have to be off the air 6 months to a year if you switch stations.

Aj

Comment

From what I've heard Paula Akana is not replacing Kim.

Comment

Originally posted by pumpkinboy View Post
                          From what I've heard Paula Akana is not replacing Kim.
                          This is interesting because from my sources the replacement has already been chosen. Interesting news to follow I suppose if what I'm hearing is true.

Comment

Yes I'm sure others know already, and I think the choice is a very good one. Viewers will certainly be pleased.

Comment

When will KGMB publicly announce Kim's replacement?

Comment

I saw a promo tonight of Lisa Kubota with Keahi Tucker. They were great together this evening. I was glad to see she landed on her feet at KGMB. I'd like to see her do well paired with Keahi.
                                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
                                X