Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kim Gennaula says Aloha to KGMB and Hello to Kapiolani

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Do some TV news personalities not have the no compete clause in their contracts?
    Not all news anchors have current contracts?...
    Last edited by HaleiwaDiva; September 23, 2008, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Amazing how many of Kirk's morning colleagues have been hapai over the years: Bernadette B., Tanya, Kathy, Trini, etc.

Something in the water cooler over at KHON.

Aj

Comment

Kim's leaving pretty soon. Have they said who's replacing her at 10PM?

Comment

I didn't know Kim was leaving.

I'm a bit sad for personal reasons. Whenever I move to a new place the first thing I do is pick out my news station. I picked KGMB because of Kim and Guy. At the time I didn't even know they were married. I then remember watching a special they did at their home after Kim had her son {second one I *think*}.

I wish her the best. The news won't be the same without her.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond3121 View Post
            I didn't know Kim was leaving.

I'm a bit sad for personal reasons. Whenever I move to a new place the first thing I do is pick out my news station. I picked KGMB because of Kim and Guy. At the time I didn't even know they were married. I then remember watching a special they did at their home after Kim had her son {second one I *think*}.

I wish her the best. The news won't be the same without her.
            Yeah, she's leaving at the end of the month. Kim is still doing the 10PM but has already dropped the 5PM and 6PM newscasts from her slate. Currently, Stacy Loe and Lisa Kubota are rotating those newscasts during the week.

Comment

I hope Lisa Kubota will be the 10pm anchor!

Comment

Originally posted by l14dap View Post
                Yeah, she's leaving at the end of the month. Kim is still doing the 10PM but has already dropped the 5PM and 6PM newscasts from her slate. Currently, Stacy Loe and Lisa Kubota are rotating those newscasts during the week.
                My schedule rarely has me home to catch the 5pm or 6pm newscasts, so had I not seen this thread I would have been wondering where she was in December.

Comment

Originally posted by bcr1652 View Post
                  I hope Lisa Kubota will be the 10pm anchor!
                  That would make Tannya Joaquin more of a Jade Moon (5pm and 6pm anchor at one point). Perhaps that would free up Keahi to concentrate on the 6 and 10. I don’t know how good an idea it is to make a new talent solo-anchor right off the bat, regardless of her previous experience. If Tannya is there to replace Kim, she should co-anchor the 10 where KGMB9 is ranked #1. Just my 2¢.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                  USA TODAY, page 2A
                  11 March 1993

Comment

Tannya would only be "new" to the KGMB audience, and of course the hope for Channel 9 is that they can pull some of her previous fans from Channel 2. But I don't think she really could be considered a "new" anchor. I think she would do fine by herself @ 5. If that's a (perceived) problem, they could always do as they now do at 6 and have reporters do live lead-ins from the newsroom (somewhat creates the impression of co-anchors).

Comment

I wonder if KGMB has had any interest in Angela Keen returning to anchor at 10PM?

I'm not sure what she's up since she left KHNL.

Comment

Originally posted by l14dap View Post
                        I wonder if KGMB has had any interest in Angela Keen returning to anchor at 10PM?

I'm not sure what she's up since she left KHNL.
                        Angela works for Straub Clinic & Hospital. Erika Engle wrote about it.
                        http://www.starbulletin.com/business...ournalism.html
                        Last edited by 1stwahine; November 17, 2008, 07:53 PM.
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Hmm... KGMB9 has posted a promo about the new 10pm anchor on their website. It gives hints, but doesn't tell what her name is. They're going to anounce it on 10pm newscast next Monday.

http://kgmb9.com/main/content/view/11654/251/

I guess it's already obvious who she is.

Comment

And of course Kim's last newscast is the ten p.m. show on the last day of ratings ... no doubt will strengthen their numbers at 10, already tops.

Comment

What a great promo/teaser! I think the 10 p.m. anchor chair is being awarded to Stacy Loe. She's local (Kaiser grad) and has been covering Hawai‘i news for over 17 years (according to her KGMB bio).

Originally posted by bcr1652 View Post
                              Hmm... KGMB9 has posted a promo about the new 10pm anchor on their website. It gives hints, but doesn't tell what her name is. They're going to anounce it on 10pm newscast next Monday.

http://kgmb9.com/main/content/view/11654/251/

I guess it's already obvious who she is.

Comment

Yeah, I'm also fairly certain it's Stacy Loe. Her bio (must've been recently updated) says she's been working at KGMB for 18 years.

"Now you get to see her even more" in the promo seems to imply that we already see her. No other female personality at KGMB has been there nearly as long.

Comment

Working...
                                X