Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kim Gennaula says Aloha to KGMB and Hello to Kapiolani

Originally posted by l14dap View Post
    Yeah, I'm also fairly certain it's Stacy Loe. Her bio (must've been recently updated) says she's been working at KGMB for 18 years.

"Now you get to see her even more" in the promo seems to imply that we already see her. No other female personality at KGMB has been there nearly as long.

How long was Linda Coble (Hawaii's first female TV news reporter) at KGMB?
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

not THAT long - Sevey was there for 20 years, Coble definitely not that whole time (she left the state for some time in Portland - her hometown - where she met Kirk Matthews, returned, married him, etc.)

Comment

It is Stacey Loe @ 10 officially. Just announced tonight on KGMB 9 @ 10 newscast. Kim's last day is Wednesday. Stay tuned. Set your VCRs, Tivos, etc.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
          It is Stacey Loe @ 10 officially. Just announced tonight on KGMB 9 @ 10 newscast. Kim's last day is Wednesday. Stay tuned. Set your VCRs, Tivos, etc.
          Nah, I'll be watching her online, thanks to KGMB9.com streaming live video.

(Okay, so it's a selfish plug on my part.)

Congrats to Stacy Loe. Local girl, though I have yet to hear her speak pidgin (I know, it 's not professional for her career).
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
            How long was Linda Coble (Hawaii's first female TV news reporter) at KGMB?
            Sevey 7/4/66-7/4/86 KGMB
            Coble 1973-1981, April 1983-April 1988 KGMB

Aj

Comment

Not sure if anybody posted this...but...just in case...

Stacy's weekend replacement will be Lisa Kubota.

Sources close to the situation say.

Comment

Thanks for all the good & bad times Kim, I`m gonna miss seeing you on the tube, good luck @ Kapiolani. Glad Stacy Lo, is filling your spot, she`s one bomb too! I`ll be watching your final tomorrow night. Yes, it`s true one of the good things about Hawaii is wonderful KGMB.....
                bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

What's going to happen to my straight man crush Keahi Tucker in the lineup?

Comment

I don't watch KGMB news all that often, but I had it on at 6pm tonight to see a different perspective on what's happening in India, and I'd forgotten that it was Kim's last night. Well, roughly 1/3 of the whole newscast was all about Kim. And apparently for her final newscast at 10pm tonight, it will almost all be about Kim.
                    Call me old school, but I don't like it when a newscaster becomes the news.
                    I wish her well in her new career, but. They could have done a separate half-hour special just for/about Kim, and kept the newscast about... you know... news.
                    What do you think?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

• Re: Kim Gennaula says Aloha to KGMB and Hello to Kapiolani

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                      What do you think?
                      When Joe Moore anchor for the last time, he'll want an hour devoted to him.
                      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                        When Joe Moore anchor for the last time, he'll want an hour devoted to him.
                        Only an hour? I expect he'll want more like a full week.

Comment

Most news anchors don't like the center of attention being on themselves, the news producers and news director most likely did the tribute. I mean can you imagine preparing your own tribute to run on air??

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                            Most news anchors don't like the center of attention being on themselves, the news producers and news director most likely did the tribute.
                            Yes, but my point wasn't about who did it, it was that they did it at all. I mean, sure, an acknowledgment at the beginning of the news and a minute at the end, fine. But woven throughtout the entire newscast? Too much. As I said earlier, they could've/should've done a half-hour special at some other time on the schedule.
                            And sheesh, the 10pm news is on now, and it's sooooo over the top! It's almost half over, and there's been only a minute or two of actual news, but lots of stuff about Kim's hairstyles over the years, e-mails to Kim from viewers, old clips of Kim... ENOUGH ALREADY.

Comment

Not to beat a dead horse here, but thank Gawd it's over. 90% of the newscast on KGMB was all about Kim.
                              Whereas on KITV, it was all real news until the final minute, which was Shawn Ching's farewell.
                              I'm just sayin'.

Comment

I find this kind of tribute totally acceptable in Hawaii. How was Jade's departure handled? Ron Mizutani's? Leslie Wilcox's? Regardless, for those who didn't want to be part of Kim's send-off, the news could be found on other stations. I was touched by the tribute and enjoyed the hair styles, emails and old clips.

Comment

Working...
                                X