• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pumpkinboy
    replied
    Re: It's a Tannya World!

Originally posted by sin View Post
    Wow, somebody here at HT definitely had the inside track. Somebody heard that rumor weeks ago no?
    I'm sure more than a few already knew but didn't/couldn't say it

I knew but didn't wanna burn my sources.

Congrats Tanya!

Will Lisa Kubota anchor the 10pm with Keahi?

Leave a comment:

• Kalihiboy
    replied

In just the last month or so there have been anchor changes or new announcements at all of the stations except for KHON. Joe's locked in for another decade, which will eventually put him in around 50 years as a local sports and news anchor.

Aj

Leave a comment:

• Kimo
    replied

Here's the Star Bull version just posted. And, yes, c'est moi who posted the Tanya rumor in the Kim Gennaula bybye thread several days ago:

News anchor Tannya Joaquin has left KHON-TV to replace the departing Kim Gennaula as anchor of KGMB-TV's 5 and 6 p.m. weekday newscasts. A six-month noncompete clause in her expired KHON contract will keep her off camera at KGMB until the new year. Joaquin had been working under terms of an expired contract since February and was unable to reach agreement on a new contract with KHON, where she had hoped to continue working, she said in an e-mail to colleagues. "During the past seven months, my life and needs have changed. I learned I was going to become a mom and my husband Alan was laid off by Aloha Airlines," the e-mail said. The KGMB gig "came at the right time and offers me exactly what I need and want. I will have more time to enjoy these precious first years with my son, balancing motherhood with an important role in the newsroom."

Leave a comment:

• lavagal
    replied

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
    The competitive clause agreement might explain the delay for her until February, 2009.

Aj
    The stories I've read says she starts in February. Perfect amount of time for a new mom...but I bet it will be a little tough leaving the little one behind!

Leave a comment:

• sin
    replied

Wow, somebody here at HT definitely had the inside track. Somebody heard that rumor weeks ago no?

Leave a comment:

• Kalihiboy
    replied

The competitive clause agreement might explain the delay for her until February, 2009.

Aj

Leave a comment:

• lavagal
    replied

Originally posted by Video Guy View Post
    I think the Joe Moore era is over. I'm switching over.
    http://kgmb9.com/main/content/view/9975/76/
    Congrats to Tannya and KGMB. I've been tuned in to KGMB for quite sometime. To me it delivers the news in a relaxed, easy to grasp manner, and I never feel like the reporters are talking down to the viewers. And the rapport is enjoyable. Even when there's a booboo, they smooth it over and no one has their hackles up. But I will admit that when sports comes on, I turn on TLC Channel 71 for the rest of What Not To Wear with my girls. I'm always working on my professional image ya know, LOL. No really!

Leave a comment:

• Video Guy
    started a topic It's a Tannya World!

It's a Tannya World!

I think the Joe Moore era is over. I'm switching over.
    http://kgmb9.com/main/content/view/9975/76/
Working...
X