It's a Tannya World!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a Tannya World!

I think the Joe Moore era is over. I'm switching over.
    http://kgmb9.com/main/content/view/9975/76/
    Always check and double check

Re: It's a Tannya World!

Originally posted by Video Guy View Post
    I think the Joe Moore era is over. I'm switching over.
    http://kgmb9.com/main/content/view/9975/76/
    Congrats to Tannya and KGMB. I've been tuned in to KGMB for quite sometime. To me it delivers the news in a relaxed, easy to grasp manner, and I never feel like the reporters are talking down to the viewers. And the rapport is enjoyable. Even when there's a booboo, they smooth it over and no one has their hackles up. But I will admit that when sports comes on, I turn on TLC Channel 71 for the rest of What Not To Wear with my girls. I'm always working on my professional image ya know, LOL. No really!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

The competitive clause agreement might explain the delay for her until February, 2009.

Aj

Comment

Wow, somebody here at HT definitely had the inside track. Somebody heard that rumor weeks ago no?

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
          The competitive clause agreement might explain the delay for her until February, 2009.

Aj
          The stories I've read says she starts in February. Perfect amount of time for a new mom...but I bet it will be a little tough leaving the little one behind!
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Here's the Star Bull version just posted. And, yes, c'est moi who posted the Tanya rumor in the Kim Gennaula bybye thread several days ago:

News anchor Tannya Joaquin has left KHON-TV to replace the departing Kim Gennaula as anchor of KGMB-TV's 5 and 6 p.m. weekday newscasts. A six-month noncompete clause in her expired KHON contract will keep her off camera at KGMB until the new year. Joaquin had been working under terms of an expired contract since February and was unable to reach agreement on a new contract with KHON, where she had hoped to continue working, she said in an e-mail to colleagues. "During the past seven months, my life and needs have changed. I learned I was going to become a mom and my husband Alan was laid off by Aloha Airlines," the e-mail said. The KGMB gig "came at the right time and offers me exactly what I need and want. I will have more time to enjoy these precious first years with my son, balancing motherhood with an important role in the newsroom."

Comment

In just the last month or so there have been anchor changes or new announcements at all of the stations except for KHON. Joe's locked in for another decade, which will eventually put him in around 50 years as a local sports and news anchor.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by sin View Post
                Wow, somebody here at HT definitely had the inside track. Somebody heard that rumor weeks ago no?
                I'm sure more than a few already knew but didn't/couldn't say it

I knew but didn't wanna burn my sources.

Congrats Tanya!

Will Lisa Kubota anchor the 10pm with Keahi?

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                  News anchor Tannya Joaquin has left KHON-TV to replace the departing Kim Gennaula as anchor of KGMB-TV's 5 and 6 p.m. weekday newscasts. A six-month noncompete clause in her expired KHON contract will keep her off camera at KGMB until the new year. Joaquin had been working under terms of an expired contract since February and was unable to reach agreement on a new contract with KHON, where she had hoped to continue working, she said in an e-mail to colleagues. "During the past seven months, my life and needs have changed. I learned I was going to become a mom and my husband Alan was laid off by Aloha Airlines," the e-mail said. The KGMB gig "came at the right time and offers me exactly what I need and want. I will have more time to enjoy these precious first years with my son, balancing motherhood with an important role in the newsroom."
                  What the hell is wrong with KHON? Letting her work under an expired contract and not able to come to term for a new contract while she was pregnant.

I hope Joe Moore can sleep at night.
                  Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I dig Tannya and am sure she'll do a great job, but if Lisa Kubota doesn't get some kind of anchor gig out of this, someone else needs to take her. She's really been impressive.
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                      What the hell is wrong with KHON? Letting her work under an expired contract and not able to come to term for a new contract while she was pregnant. I hope Joe Moore can sleep at night.
                      Regardless of what I really think of Joe, is it really fair to blame him for KHON’s dawdling? He has nothing to do with hiring and firing. Lori Silva probably has a lot of say in the matter, but ultimately it’s up to each individual reporter and anchor to come to terms with New Vision Television.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                      USA TODAY, page 2A
                      11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                        Regardless of what I really think of Joe, is it really fair to blame him for KHON’s dawdling? He has nothing to do with hiring and firing. Lori Silva probably has a lot of say in the matter, but ultimately it’s up to each individual reporter and anchor to come to terms with New Vision Television.
                        Reminds me of that old movie, "Broadcast News."
                        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Tannya's already been removed from the KHON2 Web site.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                            Yeah, NVT is the one to blame, even after having to scrape the bottom of the budget bowl to keep Joe Moore as their franchise player. They could have found more money or perks to keep Tannya on.

Oh, well. It's their loss, a very huge one at that.

Unless they want trade Tannya for Lisa Kubota, I think Lisa would be better at KITV since they're undergoing major staff change.
                            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Is it just me or does KHON have trouble keeping their morning anchors after they get pregnant? First was Mary Zanakis, then Bernadette Baraquio now Tannya. I know it's not because of Kirk Matthews, who is a great guy to work with. But I wonder what else is going on.

Comment

Working...
                              X