X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walkoff Balk
    replied
    Re: It's a Tannya World!

Since Joe Moore is the Johnny Carson of local broadcasting. She could do an Ed McMahon and say, "You are correct sir!"

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    How many viewers would call her the b-word if she would top him with a witty comeback?
    Not me. I'd congratulate her.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    Trini is the morning weather reporter now; she used to do the weather on the evening news, and it was hilarious to watch Joe Moore throw zingers her way, and they always went waaaaay over her head.
    Well, it was kinda funny, but on the other hand it was pretty mean of Joe to keep making Trini look so unedumacated. Almost every day.
    How many viewers would call her the b-word if she would top him with a witty comeback?

Leave a comment:

• sin
    replied

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
    I know but she's part of the morning news crew, thought I'd throw her name into the equation.

As I recall Mary Z. was let go after she returned from maternity leave. To go even further back, before Mary Z. the morning news anchor was Barbara "Sarge" Marshall.

Aj
    yes, and then didn't they do the same thing to bernadette after she came back from maternity leave? and they didn't let go of tannya but they didn't give her a new contract either.

Things that make you go hmmm.

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Originally posted by sin View Post
    Forgot all about Trinni, but wasn't she a morning weather anchor?
    Trini is the morning weather reporter now; she used to do the weather on the evening news, and it was hilarious to watch Joe Moore throw zingers her way, and they always went waaaaay over her head.
    Well, it was kinda funny, but on the other hand it was pretty mean of Joe to keep making Trini look so unedumacated. Almost every day.

Leave a comment:

• Kalihiboy
    replied

Forgot all about Trinni, but wasn't she a morning weather anchor? Mary, Bernadette and Tannya are all morning news anchors.
    I know but she's part of the morning news crew, thought I'd throw her name into the equation.

As I recall Mary Z. was let go after she returned from maternity leave. To go even further back, before Mary Z. the morning news anchor was Barbara "Sarge" Marshall.

Aj

Leave a comment:

• sin
    replied

Forgot all about Trinni, but wasn't she a morning weather anchor? Mary, Bernadette and Tannya are all morning news anchors.

Leave a comment:

• Kalihiboy
    replied

Is it just me or does KHON have trouble keeping their morning anchors after they get pregnant? First was Mary Zanakis, then Bernadette Baraquio now Tannya. I know it's not because of Kirk Matthews, who is a great guy to work with. But I wonder what else is going on.
    I posted about this in another thread, well Trini is still there after two babies.

Aj

Leave a comment:

• sin
    replied

Is it just me or does KHON have trouble keeping their morning anchors after they get pregnant? First was Mary Zanakis, then Bernadette Baraquio now Tannya. I know it's not because of Kirk Matthews, who is a great guy to work with. But I wonder what else is going on.

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
    Regardless of what I really think of Joe, is it really fair to blame him for KHON’s dawdling? He has nothing to do with hiring and firing. Lori Silva probably has a lot of say in the matter, but ultimately it’s up to each individual reporter and anchor to come to terms with New Vision Television.
    Yeah, NVT is the one to blame, even after having to scrape the bottom of the budget bowl to keep Joe Moore as their franchise player. They could have found more money or perks to keep Tannya on.

Oh, well. It's their loss, a very huge one at that.

Unless they want trade Tannya for Lisa Kubota, I think Lisa would be better at KITV since they're undergoing major staff change.

Leave a comment:

• Kimo
    replied

Tannya's already been removed from the KHON2 Web site.

Leave a comment:

• lavagal
    replied

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
    Regardless of what I really think of Joe, is it really fair to blame him for KHON’s dawdling? He has nothing to do with hiring and firing. Lori Silva probably has a lot of say in the matter, but ultimately it’s up to each individual reporter and anchor to come to terms with New Vision Television.
    Reminds me of that old movie, "Broadcast News."

Leave a comment:

• TuNnL
    replied

Originally posted by Random View Post
    What the hell is wrong with KHON? Letting her work under an expired contract and not able to come to term for a new contract while she was pregnant. I hope Joe Moore can sleep at night.

Leave a comment:

• scrivener
    replied

I dig Tannya and am sure she'll do a great job, but if Lisa Kubota doesn't get some kind of anchor gig out of this, someone else needs to take her. She's really been impressive.

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
    News anchor Tannya Joaquin has left KHON-TV to replace the departing Kim Gennaula as anchor of KGMB-TV's 5 and 6 p.m. weekday newscasts. A six-month noncompete clause in her expired KHON contract will keep her off camera at KGMB until the new year. Joaquin had been working under terms of an expired contract since February and was unable to reach agreement on a new contract with KHON, where she had hoped to continue working, she said in an e-mail to colleagues. "During the past seven months, my life and needs have changed. I learned I was going to become a mom and my husband Alan was laid off by Aloha Airlines," the e-mail said. The KGMB gig "came at the right time and offers me exactly what I need and want. I will have more time to enjoy these precious first years with my son, balancing motherhood with an important role in the newsroom."
    What the hell is wrong with KHON? Letting her work under an expired contract and not able to come to term for a new contract while she was pregnant.

I hope Joe Moore can sleep at night.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X