KGMB - KHNL - KFVE "shared services agreement"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: KGMB - KHNL - KFVE "shared services agreement"

Mistakes do happen. Back in the old days, if a captioned mistake happened, nobody would have caught it on their home recording device... today, practically everything is recorded by someone. Can't get away with those kind of mistakes.

I do believe that they were sincere in the apology on the wrong caption being used on the HPD story. They probably would have been in deeper trouble had there been no humane society story for the wayward pig. I do remember that story airing on at least 2 channels... 4 & 9....
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

FCC Media Bureau Denies Compaint against Raycom:

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/art...t_of_Rules.php

Comment

Sometimes the small details are the most fun.

The bureau also fined Raycom $10,000 for not making its public inspection file available for public inspection on a timely basis.
        As to the fine, KFVE acknowledged that it had failed to make its issues/programs lists available for timely inspection because the person with the key to the filing cabinet was temporarily unavailable.
        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Makes me think of this bit from Douglas Adams's "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" ---

"But Mr Dent, the plans have been available in the local planning office for the last nine months."

"Oh yes, well as soon as I heard I went straight round to see them, yesterday afternoon. You hadn't exactly gone out of your way to call attention to them, had you? I mean, like actually telling anybody or anything."

"But the plans were on display ..."

"On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them."

"That's the display department."

"With a flashlight."

"Ah, well the lights had probably gone."

"So had the stairs."

"But look, you found the notice didn't you?"

"Yes," said Arthur, "yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'."

Comment

Working...
          X