This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" on ABC - Chapter 2

I taped yesterday's episode (2/9) since I was doing something else when it aired and managed to see it tonight.

Claire came back remembering nothing after the crash but I figured she would at least had the baby. So far at this episode a month has passed since the crash.

I couldn't place any of the Oahu scenes in this episode but there was an touristy Hawaiian type of song playing in the background when Charlie was doing his presentation of the copying machine.

The only bad part of the episode I could think of is in the spoiler

It would have been nice if Ethan would at least say one line to reveal a clue about the island before being shot by Charlie.

Comment

I noticed the odd ukulele piece, too. An interesting choice (though it worked to add that touch of "wacky" to the awkward scene), perhaps a small hat tip to the show's hosts.

It was a Charlie flashback episode, and I liked it better than his first... even though the whole thing was a pretty straightforward "parallel" setup for his relationship with Claire. For a bit part, I thought Lucy was great.

Next week's show is being sold as a Sawyer/Jack face-off. I know Jack's the show's hero, but frankly, I hope Sawyer wins.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        Next week's show is being sold as a Sawyer/Jack face-off. I know Jack's the show's hero, but frankly, I hope Sawyer wins.
        Well, that sales job misled us. We have company, and it's the first time she'd ever seen the show. Try explaining it as you try to watch!
        http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

You're right. Clever editing. Thing is, I still liked the episode a lot. One of the better ones. Interesting backstory, and good Kate-Sawyer chemistry.

After tonight's ep, I wonder if we're going to see more 'intermingling' of flashbacks. (We saw Sawyer in the Boone/Shannon flashback.) I certainly didn't see the Sawyer/Jack's Dad thing coming. And now Sawyer's character is more interesting... whereas some other characters' flashbacks made them less interesting.

I'm pretty sure the pier scene had Ford Island in the background, which would make the matte work to squeeze the Sydney Opera House into Pearl Harbor one of my favorite bits of digital work ever. I also just about fell out of my seat when the white shrimp truck appeared. They don't do that in Australia, do they?

Next week, the Kon Tiki episode.

Comment

Is anyone counting the original episodes? I ask because my understanding is that Hurley's character gets his backstory explained in ep 18, if I remember my reading right. The poor schlub's being neglected!

Comment

If you check out the IMDb entry on Lost and then check the Guest Appearance page, you will find out that last night's episode was #16. #18 will air on March 2.

Comment

Tonight was Jin's show. At least now we see the reason why he came home bloody one night and the puppy.

Comment

Anyone notice Hurley on the TV behind the little girl?

Comment

On last night's episode? No, but I thought the end of last night episode was kind of humorful where the people on the beach were doing things with the background music on and then the music just cuts off and it turns out it's Hurley's CD player that failed.

Comment

The bit about the music he writes reminded me, though... my wife discovered, watching the intro to the episode of "Alias" that followed "Lost," that the song playing in the background of Sydney's swank party was Driveshaft's "You All Everybody." That is, the fictional hit song of the fictional band in which the fictional Charlie of "Lost" played. Neat!
                      The ABC web site on Lost has the song You All Everybody available to be heard.

Comment

After posting the good news about "Lost" sticking around, I realized I forgot to post about last week's episode, "...In Translation," which was another Jun/Sun backstory. It added context to what Jun did for Sun's father, and added a lot of real depth to their relationship. I liked it a lot.

I also liked seeing the First Hawaiian Tower second-floor mezzanine serving as the expansive, expensive office of the CEO of an unnamed Korean car manufacturer.

Caught the crew filming in Chinatown (near Zaffron) last week, by the way:

That last shot featured what might be two props from the scene, a baby stroller and a bike. Of course, they could just belong to crew members... but they seemed oddly placed at the location.

Comment

It's Locke and load for Terry O'Quinn
                          Frazier Moore, Associated Press, Wednesday, March 2, 2005
                          O'Quinn notes that the show's producers "don't tell anybody much about what's going to happen, or has happened before. But I don't have any problem with that. I go on what I've got. It gives me the freedom to play things the way I want. Then, if they want it another way, I do it another way." ... Fate has been mighty good to "Lost" so far. But even a believer like O'Quinn has kept his head: "I'm always being the old warrior, telling everybody, 'Don't buy a house. Let's be patient and see how it goes. Do good work — that's all.'"
                          New episode tonight. Appears to be Hurley's turn in the spotlight. That reminds me... did y'all catch him last week, on the TV in the background at the Korean government employee's house? Must be an interesting story.

Comment

Appears to be Hurley's turn in the spotlight. That reminds me... did y'all catch him last week, on the TV in the background at the Korean government employee's house? Must be an interesting story.
                            In one of the AP stories today they mentioned something about Hurley being a millionaire!?!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                              In one of the AP stories today they mentioned something about Hurley being a millionaire!?!
                              Well, reclusive lunatic millionaires as a plot device worked for Aviator.

Comment

I haven't seen the episode yet (it airs in another 2-1/2 hours from now) but checking IMDb (yeah cheating but I could be wrong):

That maybe Hurley won the lottery or maybe was involved in one.

Comment

Working...
                                X