X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" on ABC - Chapter 2

Originally posted by helen
    I haven't seen the episode yet (it airs in another 2-1/2 hours from now) but checking IMDb (yeah cheating but I could be wrong):

That maybe Hurley won the lottery or maybe was involved in one.
    Tsk. Shame on you and on IMDb.

That was one of the better episodes, I thought. 'Bout time we got some background on Hurley.
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Interesting episode. Strong possibilty that Hurley owns the box company that Locke works in.

Comment

Awesome ep...no wonder they saved Hurley's backflash for the last ep! Those numbers are driving me crazy!
        Lovena

Comment

'Lost' Fans Find Paradise at DGA
          Cynthia Littleton, Backstage.com, March 14, 2005
          J.J. Abrams, who co-created "Lost" with Damon Lindelof and Jeffrey Lieber, was characteristically aw-shucks and appreciative of the fandom on display for his thriller about a group of plane-crash survivors stranded on a mysterious island. "I wish I could show just you guys a bunch of episodes that no one has seen yet ... but I can't," Abrams said. "So I just want to say, thank you." Nonetheless, Abrams, his fellow executive producers Bryan Burk and Carlton Cuse and the nine cast members in attendance dropped enough behind-the-scenes tidbits and plot hints to satisfy the "Lost" faithful.

Comment

From Hurley's episode the fact that his friend Lenny's co-worker heard the numbers 16 years ago coming over the radio and the fact that there is a cable coming to the island kind of suggest that the island and the rest of the people are still on Earth, in the present.

Comment

Did anybody see this interview with "Jin" in today's Advertiser?:

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../il/il08a.html

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

According to the IDMb entry for Lost. There are two new episodes that will be aired starting on March 30.

Comment

That's a relief. The original schedule, I believe, had us waiting out a six-week break. While most shows could do that - as usually buzz builds slowly, so much of the viewership halfway through a season would have missed several episodes - I think an unusually high percentage of Lost fans have been on board since the beginning... meaning reruns aren't particularly great for ratings.

I wonder what shows the other networks will offer up for slaughter the night the season finale runs? More Survivor? A very special Wife Swap? Mmm... narrative drama. Can't beat it!

Comment

In 40 years of television watching I don't recall ever seeing a show put on a separate synopsis to try to hook new viewers. I wonder if it will work.
                    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                      I wonder what shows the other networks will offer up for slaughter the night the season finale runs? More Survivor? A very special Wife Swap? Mmm... narrative drama. Can't beat it!
                      Ahh, Wife Swap is also on ABC, it follows after Alias which follows after Lost.

Comment

Aside from missing the first few minutes of the 1st episode and missing the 3rd episode (I think it's about Kate and the marshal), I think there is enough pieces to the puzzle to hazard a guess.

1) The cable on the beach. 80% chance that the cable in question brings power to the island. Since there was mention of a radio tower on the island that is transmitting a signal for quite a long time (over 16 years). Something has to power the transmitter. The other 20% is that the cable also has the source signal for the radio tower to send out the message.

2) Groups on the island. Of course the newest group on the island are the main characters of the series. Danielle (the French lady) and her group got shipped wreck 16 years ago while trying to respond to the signal from the radio tower. While she mentions that there are others she doesn't say how many other people or groups of people that they are. Clearly the late Ethan wasn't from Danielle's group even through at first I thought he might be her son Alex. I suspect that there are two more other groups on the island. One of them would be the builders of the radio tower, the bridge, and maybe the hunk of metal that Locke and Boone found. The second group might be responsible for the giant like thing lurking in the jungle or the polar bear.

3) What's on the island? I suspect it might have been a secert research station that suffered some kind of disaster 16 or more years ago. As to what they were researching, I suspect it was more on the biological side, either a heavy modifed existing life form or one that they created. Whatever it is it's not prepared to leave the island (not yet anyway). And who ever set up the place is not prepared to come in to set things right. Or may not know where the island is.

4) Black Rock? It got mention a couple of times. Maybe it's what they are researching in the first place. Maybe it's a meteor that grants wishes to people, or causes people to go nuts.

Comment

Kimo posted a link to an L.A. Times article about a writer who used the T.V. series as the map of a recent visit to Honolulu and the North Shore. It makes for an interesting read, if only for the "Lost" tidbits (though if you're going to take issue with the overall characterization of Hawaii, you might pick up Kimo's rant here).

He was denied official permission from ABC to visit the set, but snuck onto it anyway. He watched them film, and bumped into Evangeline Lily in the buffet line.

How lost can you get?
                          Paul Brownfield, Los Angeles Times, March 27, 2005:
                          In the scene they were shooting, Jack ran at another cast member, screaming the profanity-laced question, "Where … were you, you … !" and tackled him on the beach, at which point Jack was tackled by several other cast members. They did the scene; I thought it went well. Then they did the scene again. Because this is television, they did it still again. Equipment came and went. Between takes, somebody spritzed Fox's face with a spray bottle. He paced, away from the others, and I admired his focus.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                            Kimo posted a link to an L.A. Times article about a writer who used the T.V. series as the map of a recent visit to Honolulu and the North Shore. It makes for an interesting read, if only for the "Lost" tidbits (though if you're going to take issue with the overall characterization of Hawaii, you might pick up Kimo's rant here).
                            Your tax breaks at work.

I just felt the ground shake from all the tourists getting off the planes.

Er, slightly off topic, but I figure this is where the dozen talkstink.com readers hang out. Please check out the new layout at the site and PM me if your browser has trouble viewing it.
                            Oy? Visit these sites why don't you?
                            Talk Stink, Hawaii Media News, Rumors, Gossip & LOST.
                            WIEblog, Where the whole world watches Wie.
                            Hawaii Club Scene, Photos of Hawaii Men and Women out on the Town

Comment

Originally posted by talkstinkDotCom
                              I just felt the ground shake from all the tourists
                              huh!
                              I just felt the ground shake from all the heavyhanded tawkschtaaahhnk selfpromo...

"Please check out the new layout at the site... if your browser has trouble viewing it."

hellwidat! fughdahsheeyit, mayun...
                              my eyes, mind, cranium, and aesthetic sensibilities... has trouble viewing it!

"hikapalale pilau: about as much fun as a bad acid flashback"
                              Last edited by kimo55; March 27, 2005, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                                hellwidat! fughdahsheeyit, mayun...
                                my eyes, mind, cranium, and aesthetic sensibilities... has trouble viewing it!

"hikapalale pilau: about as much fun as a bad acid flashback"
                                Ah... then the redesign is complete. Thanks Big K.
                                Oy? Visit these sites why don't you?
                                Talk Stink, Hawaii Media News, Rumors, Gossip & LOST.
                                WIEblog, Where the whole world watches Wie.
                                Hawaii Club Scene, Photos of Hawaii Men and Women out on the Town

Comment

Working...
                                X