X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" on ABC - Chapter 2

Originally posted by talkstinkDotCom
    Ah... then the redesign is complete. Thanks Big K.

sorry bout dat, man. That all was said after heavy partying yesterday.

ok; second look.
    yep, still hurts.

Comment

ABC's "Lost" was filming in Chinatown again today. They re-commandeered the old Chinese store (that before that was a bank) that previously stood in for the King Cross Police Station. No telling what's inside this time, though, because they carefully blacked out every window.

Production trucks lined both sides of Smith Street. Occasionally a van would pull up, and the stars may very well have been in 'em, but they darted from the van into the set hidden behind jackets and sunglasses.

In the above photo, the guy lurking in the shadows to the right of the door looked a lot like Jack's dad from an earlier episode. He stepped out for a smoke, saw me, and headed back in.

New episode Wednesday!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
        fughdahsheeyit, mayun...
        Wow, the mods will let stuff like that get through? Amazing...

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
          Wow, the mods will let stuff like that get through? Amazing...

aunty lynn set the precedent...

Comment

"Hyperopia" indeed.
            And I thought for sure we were gonna find out how Locke got paralyzed; I was guessing hunting accident, but then after the hospital scene I thought maybe an auto accident. No such info forthcoming, though.
            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Noticed that for the March 30 episode during Locke's flashback at the store it seemed to be the inside of store like Costco but the parking lot scene didn't seem like Iwilei's Costco. Anyone want to hazard a guess where it was filmed?

Comment

The inside was Costco, and since the outside looked like the Waipio Costco, I'd guess that's where the interior "Mousetrap" scene was shot, too. Did you catch the aisle numbers? My wife did, immediately -- "Regulation soccer balls aisle eight, Nerf aisle fifteen." 815, the Oceania flight number, which pops up with a great deal of regularity.

A good episode. Finally bringing back the supernatural in a big way. I guessed the same thing as Link, but yup, they're still saving the explanation of Locke's paralysis for later. Sure got the dad's machinations and motives right, though!

Well, "daddy issues" as they described in one episode title definitely seems to be a running theme. Locke and his dad, Jack and his dad, Walter and his dad, Jin and Sun's dad, Sawyer lost his dad, Hurley lost his dad... The question seems to be, is this show ultimately about dads, or "The Big Dad," i.e. the Father. Oooeeeooo!

By the way, if you walk past the "Lost" sound stage on Nimitz, you can see some set building going on...

At left, some foam boulders. At right, Michael's raft, now with a metal double hull and a cabin built out of an Oceania jet cargo container.

Comment

Ok, guys and gals, a friend of mine has created the "Lost" Wiki and opened it up to the public. Go visit, contribute, or learn.

Comment

I wonder how that Beachcraft (the airplane that Locke saw) managed to get to the island? The maps that Boone found in the plane referenced Africa.

Comment

A quick check on the Lost entry in IMDb gives another 4 more episodes after this week's new episode. However the epsiode slated for April 13 doesn't have any guest apperences so either this one will have no flashbacks or is the one that was mentioned eariler in this thread (and newspaper reports) being a special episode.

Comment

ABC renews Hawaii’s only current TV series, ‘Lost’
                        Associated Press, Wednesday, April 6, 2005
                        "Lost," the only TV series currently in production in Hawaii, is winning its Wednesday time slot and is the 14th-ranked program in prime time (eighth last week), according to Nielsen Media Research. Dawson didn't know how much the show spent in the state this season, but said historically a TV production pumps between $20 million and $30 million into the islands a year. That's a conservative estimate, she said... The series employs a crew of about 200 people, up to 140 of whom were hired locally, Dawson said.

Comment

Hmm. A lot going on in this episode.
                          How come we haven't seen Jack's bride/fiancée before? Since when did Jin become sorta likable (when he was trying to calm Charlie down)? What the heck was that thing Jack was gonna use to amputate Boone's leg? Where is the Hays Commission to prevent these interracial sex scenes between Sayed and Shannon?

Comment

Following up to Linkmeister's spoiler post.

I was kind of wondering about Jack's wedding too, but I suppose it will be the focus of a future flashback. Also notice that while Jack's dad was there, his mom wasn't. For Jin I think since he started to help build the second raft he is getting more understandable at least with Michael. I wouldn't be surprised if Sun had a medical background in her past. For the thing that supposed to amputate Boone's leg it was a cargo carrier that jetliner use to hold luggage.

Comment

I ran across this plot summary on a blog. It's funny, but it's full of spoilers, so don't click if you didn't watch last night.

http://www.yourish.com/archives/2005...tml#2005040701

Comment

I cant believe they killed him off...noooooooo! LOL
                                There is not a day I do not dream about The Islands...

Comment

Working...
                                X