This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" on ABC - Chapter 2

Si, clipshow. Interesting to take a look back at some of the things that happened so far. The previews for the next ep make me anxious.
    myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

For the May 4th epsiode, at least we get to find out who hit Sayid when he tried to send a radio message.

Comment

Well, we now know why Sayid was on an airplane from Oz to LA.
        http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

A good ep, but not a barnburner. More a prelude to the two-part finale. In addition to the two answers mentioned, I did like what was foretold - specifically, a rift between Locke and Jack. (Sounds like Sayid's putting his cards in Locke's camp as well.) It ain't a drama with an unchallenged leader, so I think it's about time someone got pissed at the good doctor! To think I saw Sawyer as the likely "pretender to the throne."

Was trying to figure out the locations used. The pier at Pearl Harbor for the truck scene, Tamarind Park for where Sayid talks his friend into going through with the mission, and the best part, the YWCA on Richards Street for the mosque scene. I was like, "That looks like Laniakea! Hey, that's the swimming pool where Katie took lessons!" The interior of Heathrow I'm not sure -- it looked like the inside of Pauahi Tower (with the brown marble and tall tinted window), but it wasn't seen long enough to be sure.

And where was the park where Sayid and his friend played ball? They inserted the Sydney skyline, but I couldn't place the foreground.

Comment

You sure that was a Sydney skyline? I thought I recognized one of the Nauru Towers, which might have made it Ala Moana Beach Park.

Comment

Oh, definitely it was a "montage" of some kind. There were tall buildings in there that I doubt are in Honolulu or in Sydney - it looked a little like Shanghai. I say it was supposed to be Sydney, because the Sydney Opera House was conspicuously placed off to the left. (They used the same digital insertion in the Sawyer flashback.)

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon

And where was the park where Sayid and his friend played ball? They inserted the Sydney skyline, but I couldn't place the foreground.
                That was part of the Capitol grounds. They filmed with Washington Place and Hemmeter in the background. I guess they didn't like it. They had rugby players on the field and two guys running around the block with Sydney shirts on.

How do I know? I was there.
                http://ohana.objectis.net/Ohana%20Ph...view?b_start=9

Hurley told us that it's making quotes with fingers "it's supposed to be Australia" as he walked to the set.
                just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by jkpescador
                  What a great photo! Hurley is one big dude.
                  Seeing him next to you reminds me of watching KITV's news and seeing Paula Akana sitting between Shawn Ching and Robert Kekaula... she looks like a midget between those two.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Plans for next year

Info gleaned from acquaintances who are employed on the show....

*Production to start up again in July and run through May.

*Network has ordered 26 episodes

*TWO separate crews working on show. In other words, imagine "Lost" and one of the other failed shows being shot simultaneously.... Makes sense since 'Lost" is an "ensemble" show and more can get done with two crews. Obviously means double the amount of people working on the show. It's NICE to have a hit show as far as resources are concerned.

*Cave set in old Xerox building taken down, could either be put up in Diamond Head Studio or setup back in Xerox.

Comment

Re: Plans for next year

Originally posted by tvguy
                      TWO separate crews working on show. In other words, imagine "Lost" and one of the other failed shows being shot simultaneously.... Makes sense since 'Lost" is an "ensemble" show and more can get done with two crews. Obviously means double the amount of people working on the show. It's NICE to have a hit show as far as resources are concerned.
                      Indeed. Hard to think of another show, actually, that can run two units concurrently. This kind of success would be a boon for any town, so Honolulu is especially lucky. And, yeah, as inefficient as a show with 14 (or 13!) regulars might be, it certainly makes parallel storylines (and thus easy division of talent) easier to coordinate.
                      Cave set in old Xerox building taken down, could either be put up in Diamond Head Studio or setup back in Xerox.
                      This is interesting. Was it disassembled to make room for other semi-permanent sets? (I know they must have converted and re-converted that old bank space at Smith and N. King half a dozen times this season.) Or in anticipation of a possible relocation? Or, perhaps since they were able to stay in Hawaii for at least one more season, they're going to make a concerted effort to maximize their outdoor settings? Which, of course, would make it even harder to try and reproduce the "look" of Lost in L.A. or Australia...

Comment

Looking forward to tonight's ep ("The Greater Good"), which is the last "regular" ep before we get sucked into the three-hour, two-part season finale, "Exodus" (one hour next week, May 18, and two hours on May 25). To whet your appetite, Susan King of the Los Angeles Times penned this Q&A with Yunjin Kim:

'Lost' actress is no timid Asian woman, after all
                        Q. Wasn't the reaction from the Asian community rather negative to Sun and Jin-Soo?

A. In the very beginning, we were sort of portrayed as a bad stereotype of an Asian couple — the subservient wife and domineering husband. But I kept on saying that you have to watch the characters because they will continue to grow, and you will see the reason why he is treating her that way and why she is reacting that way... Every character on "Lost" is an archetype, and ... once they are in motion, they break away (from the archetype).

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                          Looking forward to tonight's ep ("The Greater Good"), which is the last "regular" ep before we get sucked into the three-hour, two-part season finale, "Exodus" (one hour next week, May 18, and two hours on May 25).
                          The episode title implies sacrifice on the part of some member(s) of the cast. Hmm.

Comment

I thought last week's ep was "The Greater Good" and tonight's is "Born to Run?" Or did I just have the best dream ever on Wednesday night involving the aftermath of Boone's death...

Comment

A Kate flashback for this week. It seems that this flashback took place around 1999 and before the bank robbery and even then it looks like she was in trouble with the law.

Comment

Aww, Mackenzie Astin all grown up and stuff. So sad about his character, though, despite seeing that coming from a mile away. Kind of an uneventful ep, though. Can't wait to see Danielle in the next ep, I like her character. Or her gun...one of them. And early raft/exodus spoiler from TalkStink aside...I get the sinking feeling that Jin will die now, which is too bad 'cause I've really warmed up to his character.

Comment

Working...
                                X