X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" on ABC - Chapter 2

Originally posted by kupomog
    Can't wait to see Danielle in the next ep, I like her character. Or her gun...one of them.
    I hope she remains alive after next week's episode airs. Looks like a bunch of people are hastily taking off in the raft if you caught the teaser for the next ep.

Always been a fan of Mira Furlan who was a regular (Delenn) on Babylon 5 for 5 years, 1993-1998.

Series regular Daniel Dae Kim was a regular cast member of the short lived scifi series Crusade which was a spinoff sequel to Babylon 5.
    Last edited by mel; May 12, 2005, 06:38 AM. Reason: add link
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Ah, Babylon 5, that's where I've seen her! I didn't follow that series too closely.

So we know where the plane is from, and why Kate treasures it, but I feel like there's a lot of holes left in her backstory (enough for season two, at least!). Kate's mom was being guarded (from her, presumably) and she freaked when Kate showed up, so whatever it was that Kate apologized for "putting her through," it must've been a lot more than a bank robbery.

We meet another redshirt, too, Mr. High School Science Teacher. (Makes me wonder again what ever happened to the black woman who lost her husband.)

Hurley had the best line, given that this was a secrets-swapping (a.k.a. "discretion") epsidode... basically, "How am I supposed to keep track of who knows what around here?"

Flashback eps are always good for 'location spotting.' But I have no idea where the Iowa motel is, or what hospital they filmed in, either. It was neat seeing Pearlridge serving as the hospital parking lot... I had to go back to verify that they, indeed, installed parking gates at the exit near INspiration and the old JC Penny's entrance. And when Kate went running down the canal, I said, "Hey, California Pizza Kitchen is right there!"

As for what's up next, indeed, glad the French Lady returns. I really didn't think they could stretch out "Raft Survivor" for three hours. Interesting line about facing "the others," too: "We can run, we can hide, or we can die." No "fight" in there...

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        Interesting line about facing "the others," too: "We can run, we can hide, or we can die." No "fight" in there...
        Must be "the others" got more or better weapons. Or maybe there are more of them.

Anyway here is my take on who might be "the others" based on what has been shown so far:

Drug Smugglers, the island might be their base of operations, but the flaw in that thinking is that they haven't dealt with the survivors so far.

Comment

Anyone else having trouble getting to the area under that "show spoiler" button?
          http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Hmmm, I get nothing too. I wonder if there is no text there. I could have sworn that I enter it.

In any event I will try again.

The island is a base of operations for drug smugglers, as to why they are waiting until now to go after the survivors I have no idea.

Comment

Kate's married doctor friend was named Tom. Wasn't Claire's baby's daddy named Tom, too? And there are two Brians in the character's backstories, too--Walt's stepdad and Shannon's boyfriend that Boone was trying to have arrested. Do you think there's any significance to the duplicate names?

And speaking of Shannon, what happened to the missing keys to the gun case? Jack realized they were missing and just forgot about them? It must have occured to someone that there's somebody running around with a bunch of handguns, but nobody seems that upset about it.

Comment

No idea, but I have to say, that stink "Wow, you're terrible and a liar" eye Shannon gave Kate was very funny considering the crap she pulled on Boone.
                myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Well, another ep has just started here on the east coast and it sure is giving me chickenskin! Creepy but fun!
                  Last edited by EastCoastTropics; May 18, 2005, 02:18 PM.
                  Lovena

Comment

Interesting epsiode, the flashback scenes were from various characters instead of one character, I suppose next week's episode will have the same theme.

Some spoiler stuff for just in case:

(a) The Black Rock is a ship (b) the unseen big creature is a security system?

Comment

• Re: "Lost" on ABC - Chapter 2

Well, no question about your first spoiler item.
                      The mast and sides of the wreck could clearly be seen. I didn't exactly see a "black rock" there, but whatevers. Sawyer showed one of his rare bits of humanity, telling Jack the story about the doc in the bar. It's interesting that this high school science teacher hasn't shown up until the last two episodes, and there were a bunch of people on that beach waving goodbye that we've not seen before, too.

Comment

My thoughts on this ep....

I wanted to know what exactly is "the others"....like what kind of beings the are. And Danielle's daughter Alex....if alive, she'd be what, 15, 16 years old now?

The scene with Jin and Sun made me teary-eyed! I'm glad they apologized to one another even if they waited till Jin was leaving...better late than never!
                        Lovena

Comment

There definitely were a lot of redshirts with face time in this episode. And Leslie Arzt (Artz?) seemed to come out of nowhere... meaning, my guess is, he's ultimately going to meet the standard redshirt fate.

Interesting, too, to see short flashbacks from several characters rather than following just one. Yet, some flashbacks, like the Jin/Sun one and definitely the Shannon/Boone one, seem incomplete. Next week, maybe?

Good to see the Convention Center reprise its role as the Sydney airport!

I was convinced that this week was just going to be one long teaser for next week, but instead it stood alone quite well. Various loose ends gathered up (the Jin/Sun reconcilliation, the Marshall's "presentation" about Kate, Sawyer's confession to Jack, etc.). And the end was almost tooth-achingly upbeat and hopeful, save for the brief flash of smoke.

Next week, though, brings the two hour, near movie-length finale... and they sure crammed a lot into that promo. And to think, that episode is probably going to be an agonizing cliffhanger, anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                            There definitely were a lot of redshirts with face time in this episode. And Leslie Arzt (Artz?) seemed to come out of nowhere... meaning, my guess is, he's ultimately going to meet the standard redshirt fate.
                            I think he might be one of "the others" who did a better job of blending in than Ethan did, but I could be wrong.

Comment

I wanna know if there was an EIS prepared for that pillar of smoke!

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                                I think he might be one of "the others" who did a better job of blending in than Ethan did, but I could be wrong.
                                Unlikely. He was on the passenger mainfest (which is how Hurley knew his real name). He is an interesting character, though. Thinking back, there really isn't a "hapless" kind of character, someone with a lighter countenance. Everyone else is witty but snarky, smart but moody. Leslie Arzt might fill that Tim Allen/Ray Romano hole.

I wanna know if there was an EIS prepared for that pillar of smoke!
                                Yeah! I was like, "Where did they do that? Did anyone see that?" But considering this team's abilities with digital effect, I wouldn't be surprised if it was half fabricated. The column seemed to hold together far too well for something done in the world of the tradewinds!

Comment

Working...
                                X