X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Lost" on ABC - Chapter 2

My speculations....

I'm still am hooked on my theory that the tower and the hatch were both put there by the government(s)...which one(s) I don't know for now...

Anyhoos, they were put there as a mark. Because a box, like a Pandora's box or the Lost Ark (of the Covenant) has been opened. And by opening this box, a big, bad virus/plague was accidently found/unleashed. So the government locked it up thinking it would never be found....or get out on its own?

Now that we have seen the end of this season, I'm thinking that perhaps that government put men on the island whose purpose was to guard whatever they are trying to hide/keep hidden. Maybe those men were in their 20's when they first were put on that island. I'm also leaning towards that idea that there was a colony of folks to guard it.

Another idea that I have is there also could be more "Others" and that hatch that Locke, Jack, Kate and Hurley blew open leads to their colony......and that maybe Danielle isn't a crazy woman after all. That the whispers/voices she hears are those that come from the underground. Along these lines....Ethan is part of the "Others" and prolly got out! He was prolly trying to get Claire's baby. Perhaps he's the only one of the "Others" that know that Walt isn't the youngest of the survivors.

just more rambling thoughts.....

Lovena
    Lovena

Comment

Whew. Surprisingly few revelations, a bit of loose-end tying, and yes, a cliffhanger ending. I loved it. Of course, when I got to work today, my coworker asked, "So, how about that Carrie?" I have no idea what they're talking about.

The multiple flashbacks bringing us right onto the plane were great. I was surprised that the Sun-and-Jin airport scene did continue from last week, but it was Jin that had the "encounter," and not Sun (as I expected). I loved how Hurley ran to gate 23... past a girls' sports team of some sort whose jerseys featured "The Numbers" in sequence. Charlie's one-night stand called his band "Drive Thru." We see Arzt being very Arzt like (knowing, quite spectacularly, what ultimately happens to the poor guy).

But as our flashbacks all bring us to the present, the present leaves us hanging. What's down the hatch? And what will become of our raftees -- one shot, one kidnapped, and the raft blown to smithereens (as I posted a few weeks ago!)?

Why wasn't "Hurley" flying first class? If Danielle was the one Claire tusseled with over her baby before, what's her link to Ethan? Why did the thing that nabbed Locke have a mechanical sound, yet the smoke that escaped when Kate and Jack blasted it have a very ghost-like appearance? Why Aaron? How did Locke come to call "Hurley" by his name Hugo?

Lots of questions. Lots of time to stew before next season.

Comment

I know that 3 of my spoilers from last night were combined into one post, but only one of them can be accessed...can't see the other two...../
        Lovena

Comment

Holy Cow. Someone went to a ton of work compiling this list. Want to know how often and where the numbers have appeared in episodes? Try this.
          http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Here's Salon's take on the finale. Mentions some details I missed.

Comment

I finally visited www.oceanic-air.com last night, just to see the preview for season 2. Wish I had a faster computer, but it was cool. But the hidden "revised 'Exodus II'" script really confuses me about the monster...
              myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

The guest list for Lost on IMDb lists September 23 as the airing of the second season, which happens to be on a Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                  Why wasn't "Hurley" flying first class?
                  I guess he was flying first class on the way coming to Sydney. I guess on the way back he must have reserved a first class seat and must have ended up in either the 4th or 8th row and decided it was bad luck so he changed to coach.

If Danielle was the one Claire tusseled with over her baby before, what's her link to Ethan?
                  I don't think Danielle and Ethan knew one another, other than both of them wanted to get Claire's baby.

Why did the thing that nabbed Locke have a mechanical sound, yet the smoke that escaped when Kate and Jack blasted it have a very ghost-like appearance?
                  I noticed the sound too. I re-watched the tape of it and as it dragged Locke there is a some black thing on his left leg. What's strange is that it was strong enough to drag Locke and Jack on the ground but when it got to the hole it wasn't strong enough to pull both of them down. Another thing too about this. It has the ability to uproot trees but we don't see the aftermath of trees lying around either in this episode or in eariler ones where it's knocking down trees. Unless the tree thing is an illusion that it does. Remember what it showed Boone about Shannon being killed by it but it doesn't?

Why Aaron?
                  I sense a flashback about Claire concerning Aaron.

How did Locke come to call "Hurley" by his name Hugo?
                  Either he overheard his name being mentioned or he knows him from either the TV newscast about him winning the lottery or knows that he might be the owner of the box company that he works for.

Comment

Just a note here... wrap up your discussion soon on this thread. The topic is very long, but as soon as this area dies down, the thread will close and either I (or someone else) can/will open a new one for the upcoming Season 2 of "Lost" (yes, it's several months away, but pretty soon all we are doing is speculating what's next for this group of castaways).
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

A quick question: During the airing of "Lost" last Wednesday, there was a promo for Good Morning America, where a "missing scene" was promised. Did anyone catch it? What was it?

Comment

Never mind. Found the scene posted here as a ZIPped RealMedia file. Just a deleted scene, nothing pivotal.

Moving on to the Season Two Speculation thread...

Comment

I am declaring this topic "a wrap" as the first season has concluded nearly 2 weeks ago. Further discussion of "Lost" can be taken to the new "Speculation for Season 2" topic.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

• First Season Emmys for "Lost"

"Lost" has won several Emmy awards tonight. This topic is re-opened to discuss the Emmy Award wins.

OUTSTANDING DIRECTING FOR A DRAMA SERIES

J. J. ABRAMS, Director ABC

Lost
                            Pilot (Part 1 & Part 2)

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES

LOST ABC

J. J. Abrams, Executive Producer
                            Damon Lindelof, Executive Producer
                            Bryan Burk, Executive Producer
                            Carlton Cuse, Executive Producer
                            Jack Bender, Executive Producer
                            David Fury, Co-Executive Producer
                            Jesse Alexander, Co-Executive Producer
                            Javier Grillo-Marxuach, Supervising Producer
                            Sarah Caplan, Producer
                            Leonard Dick, Producer
                            Jean Higgins, Produced by

OUTSTANDING SINGLE-CAMERA PICTURE EDITING FOR A DRAMA SERIES

MARY JO MARKEY, A.C.E., Editor ABC

Lost
                            Pilot (Part 1 & Part 2)

OUTSTANDING MUSIC COMPOSITION FOR A SERIES (DRAMATIC UNDERSCORE)

MICHAEL GIACCHINO, Composer ABC

Lost
                            Pilot

OUTSTANDING SPECIAL VISUAL EFFECTS FOR A SERIES

KEVIN BLANK, Visual Effects Supervisor ABC
                            MITCH SUSKIN, Visual Effects Supervisor
                            ARCHIE AHUNA, Special Effects Supervisor
                            JONATHAN SPENCER LEVY, CGI Supervisor
                            BENOIT “BEN” GIRARD, CGI Supervisor
                            LAURENT M. ABECASSIS, CGI Supervisor
                            KEVIN KUTCHAVER, Visual Effects Compositor
                            STEVE FONG, Visual Effects Compositor
                            BOB LLOYD, Visual Effects Compositor

Lost
                            Pilot (Part 1 & Part 2)

The above is taken from a press release taken from the Emmy Awards website: http://www.emmys.org/
                            Last edited by mel; September 18, 2005, 07:58 PM. Reason: adding more info
                            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

• Lost Finds Emmy Gold

Lost Finds Emmy Gold
                              Published in today's Honolulu Star-Bulletin

ABC's made-in-Hawaii show "Lost" won the Emmy Award for best dramatic series last night, the first time a show filmed in the islands has ever taken television's top honor.

"Lost" won two Emmys in the televised ceremony -- for a total of six, when added to the awards won in the creative arts categories last week. The show had been nominated in 12 categories.
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                              X