X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amati
    replied
    Re: Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters - Book 4

My newscaster interest is limited to wondering what is Joe Moore's salary.

Leave a comment:

• mel
    replied
    Re: Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters - Book 4

Moderator's Note: Since this is the 4th in a series of "news anchors and reporters" this thread is now officially "Book 4" of the series.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied
    Re: Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters

Originally posted by bcr1652 View Post
    [...]
    -Weekend anchor/reporter Mari-Ela David quit. (does anybody know why?)[...]
    She got married and moved to the BI. See post #155.

Leave a comment:

• bcr1652
    started a topic Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters - Book 4

Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters - Book 4

I know there were threads in the past discussing "Hawaii TV news anchors and reporters." I just wanted to start a new one, since this topic hasn't been refreshed in such a long time.

I noticed a few things within the last month (Dec 2010) and this month (Jan 2011) so far...

Hawaii News Now
    -Weekend anchor/reporter Mari-Ela David quit. Because of that, Lisa Kubota is her replacement. And then Ramsay Wharton came back for Sunrise: Early Edition! =)
    -Grace Lee left for KPIX-TV in San Fran. Tannya Joaquin took her spot on Sunrise. I think that's a reasonable move for her because she used to anchor mornings on KHON2.
    -Duane Shimogawa was removed from the hawaiinewsnow.com team bio page. And don't see him on TV anymore. What happened to him???
    -With Duane gone, is Mike Cherry the only core sports anchor/reporter for the station? Seriously? Though I saw Guy Hagi and even Russell Yamanoha (formerly of KHNL) anchoring sports on several occasions. Is Russell even considering to return to sports anchoring besides doing all those Cheap Eats reports? BTW, I miss Liz Chun.
    -Veteran news reporter Teri Okita joins Keahi Tucker on the 6:00pm and 6:30pm weeknight newscasts. Do you think this will influence ratings, especially on the 6pm?
    -According to the Raycom website, Hawaii News Now is looking to fill an anchor/reporter position on the 5:00pm and 5:30pm newscasts to fill the seat vacated by Tannya. Who will be the next news anchor? Anybody returning to Hawaii TV News?

KITV 4
    -New sports anchor on the weekends... though I think he may have been there for several months now.

KHON2
    -KHON2 is looking to hire a traffic reporter weekday mornings (saw it on khon2.com).
    Last edited by bcr1652; January 15, 2011, 01:25 PM.
Working...
X