Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most Revolting, Disgusting Local TV Commercial?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Most Revolting, Disgusting Local TV Commercial?

Originally posted by Mocha
    I have a "new" irritating commercial...the one that the gal asks everyone if they're "certified"! She goes to the eatery, the florist, and I forget where else but she asks the same question "is that certified" DUMB!!!
    When this thread first started on Mel's Hawaii Radio & TV website (before it moved here) I believe that same comment popped up once or twice. Apparently the commercial continues to annoy folks.
    And while they're not "local" commercials, I think the series of Ford Focus ads are horrible. The ones where the cars talk/whine/nag at their owners, ya know? I guess I'm not clear on how ads showing annoying cars would make me want to buy one.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I haven't seen that Ford Focus commercial... hmmm... I guess I gotta watch TV more...
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Can't stand the Long's ad with the daughter "psuedo-rapping" the really stupid words...

Comment

Originally posted by mel
          I haven't seen that Ford Focus commercial... hmmm... I guess I gotta watch TV more...
          LOL
          I mostly just watch TV news programs, but still the Focus ads a lot. There are actually several of them, not just one version, but in each one the 'talking' Ford Focus is whining at its owner.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lolo Paka

4. The Wedding Ring Shop .. guess the owner wants to be heard on radio, guess none of his loved ones told him he has the WORST voice for radio... like nails on a chalkboard.
            Oh yeah. I only hear them on Clear Channel stations. I guess since Gregg Hammer and Shawnee used their products in their wedding, they can advertise more on CC based stations.
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

is that the same quiznos commercial with the singing rat looking things with lips???ahhhh..really creeped us out!!we always jumped for the remote @ that same time!!!!.....

Comment

Bank of Hawaii continues its series of "we think it's cute but they're insipid" commercials with the "That's My Bank" guy and a sorry attempt to infuse the local lingo with a new transitive verb: Bankohanaâ„¢. "I Bankohanaâ„¢ you!" says he. "He Bankohanaâ„¢'s me!" swoons she. "Puke," says we.

Comment

I don't think I've mentioned the one that annoys me. It's the Finance Factors one where the nitwit loan officer catches a speeding pen out of the air (thrown by a woman with a Roger Clemens arm). He offers it to his customers and then as the customers are walking out he does a zillion backflips to offer them the pen (as though it were their pen!).

The logical inconsistencies in this ad just bug me, for some reason. Why would a loan officer not have a multitude of writing implements at his desk? If he didn't have said pens, why would he need some woman to fire one to him from 25 feet away at 98mph? And why would he feel a need to backflip through the lobby just to offer up the pen? The customers have a zillion mortgage documents to keep as a memory of the occasion; they need the damn pen, too?
                  http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                    I don't think I've mentioned the one that annoys me. It's the Finance Factors one where the nitwit loan officer catches a speeding pen out of the air (thrown by a woman with a Roger Clemens arm). He offers it to his customers and then as the customers are walking out he does a zillion backflips to offer them the pen (as though it were their pen!).

The logical inconsistencies in this ad just bug me, for some reason. Why would a loan officer not have a multitude of writing implements at his desk? If he didn't have said pens, why would he need some woman to fire one to him from 25 feet away at 98mph? And why would he feel a need to backflip through the lobby just to offer up the pen? The customers have a zillion mortgage documents to keep as a memory of the occasion; they need the damn pen, too?
                    You're right of course, but heck I would love to see my banker do back flips for me instead of stamping "No" on my loan application from behind his big koa desk paid for with my service fees.

As inconsistant as this ad was, you still remember the exact actions of that commercial which tells me that commercial got you to remember it...which is exactly what it intended to do.

Logic has no place in the entertainment biz anyway or it wouldn't be creative or fun. And we wouldn't have a topic to make fun of if all ads were boring and mundane. As bad as the old 70's Rinso ads were, I still remember it as if it were...um ah....has it been over 30 years already?
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                      As bad as the old 70's Rinso ads were, I still remember it as if it were...um ah....has it been over 30 years already?

"I like da package!!!!!"

Comment

Let's hear it for MENTOS!

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                          Every time I hear the whiny, screeching "This is Tonya from Sleepland" I switch channels faster than a speeding bullet.
                          she's too cute to be annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                            I don't think I've mentioned the one that annoys me. It's the Finance Factors
                            F.F. got nuttin on B of H.
                            Tawk about screechin voices;
                            that dude who turned into a bobbing head toy, now seen in multitudionous thrift stores...

"Thass MY BAAANK!"

ugh.
                            (oops sorry, eh. jezz noticed been brought up b4.)
                            Last edited by kimo55; August 10, 2004, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                              she's too cute to be annoying.
                              It's Tanya and her sister Carla grad from kalani back in the late 70's. Come to think of it Carla's classmate was Ginger Davenport (who married then divorced Mike Vasconcellos and is now the halftime coordinator for the SF 49ers). Ginger's older sister Jasmine did the old Bank of Hawaii commercials before she died in the 80's, now those commercials were good.

But Tanya...Oh my, too sing song for me
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by lancer808
                                I really don't like the Cutter car dealership's "Cars cost less at Cutter" commercials. The most annoying one is where a man is stranded on an deserted island and a bottle washes on shore with the silly message inside. How lame!

no. its da one where the guy climbs a supposedly high mtn and asks the wise sage whazz da meaning of life, dude?!"
                                and he sez:
                                "cars costs lest ats cutter."
                                or sumpin li dat; he really flubs his line and da buggas dont even reshoot!

Comment

Working...
                                X