Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dog The Bounty Hunter: Black Eye For Hawaii?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog The Bounty Hunter: Black Eye For Hawaii?

Do you think that Dog The Bounty Hunter hurts the image that Hawaii is famous for? Do you think it will effect the travel business?

Spongie

Re: Bounty Hunter - Black eye For Hawaii?

I watched the show ONCE! It is more than a black eye for Hawaii, Its a spit in the face and a kick in the nuts! I hate that show, I hate the entire "Dawg Crew". They protray locals as stupid, uneducated strung out junkies. I hope he enjoys his 15 minutes and will be very happy when it gets yanked off the air.

Comment

Tourism to Hawaii is at record highs lately. I doubt if a cable TV show such as this has made such an impact as to actually slow down tourism numbers. This kind of argument has been made about TV shows such as Hawaii Five-0 which also dealt with crime in the islands in a fictional way. Fact is viewers loved the show so much that it stayed on the air for 12 years and enhanced Hawaii's marketing to potential tourists.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Yea, maybe, but facts change when the game does. Hawaii Five-O was a fictional program. Bounty Hunter is a reality show and all it focuses on is the dirt in the state while imaging more of the negative side than the positive side of Hawaii.

I dunno, if the show was in Macon Georgia and the only busted African Americans, there would be some screaming for sure.

Comment

I think "dog" is the biggest hypocrite and sore eye for bible believing christians there ever has been on national tv.

First you see him pray to "the lord" with his family around the dinner table/before going out to get a "bad guy", then he cusses like a sailor when he doesnt get his mark.

Disgraceful to say the LEAST....

Why pretend to be someone who you are not?

Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit. O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
          (Mat 12:33-36)
          http://twitter.com/surfoahu

Comment

Originally posted by Sponge Rider
            I dunno, if the show was in Macon Georgia and only busted African Americans, there would be some screaming for sure.
            The Fox Network has produced a show like that for years, focusing primarily on mainland cities: "Cops".

Where ever one lives in the USA, it's an unfortunate fact that crime exists. Hawai'i is not immune from crime, as much as the folks at the HVCB might want to disagree.

That said, I don't think Hawai'i (or any other state) should think negative of itself simply because there is a nationally broadcast cable-TV show that focuses on the endevours of a self-promoting bounty hunter in Honolulu. I personally don't. So what if it shows "The Dog" busting a bailjumper in Kaka'ako? Like Honolulu is the only city the USA to suffer crime? Let's instead focus on reality: Honolulu's crime rate compared with other US cities of comparable size. Honolulu IS the winner here.

All told, I'm still going to visit Honolulu, San Francisco, Chicago, or Houston despite the sensationalist TV shows that often highlight crime in these cities, as well as many others. I really don't think shows like the "Bounty Hunter" and "Cops" discourages sensible and cognitive visitors to any city. I question how logical the viewers of these shows who truly are discouraged to visit, say Honolulu, actually are.

Comment

Is this a COMEDY SHOW?

I just can't believe that there are actually people like that and making money on a TV SHOW!! LOL OMGosh...makes Kentucky look great! rofl The mullets on all of them simply crack me up. The only one with any halfway sense seems to be Leland and that MUST be thanks to his mother. Their little kids, toddlers, talk about "beat the guy's head in, bash the bad guy's head in!" Isn't that lovely? omg! I was cracking up laughing, though, finding it hilarious! And then big Momma, she's the boss....those things sticking 10 feet out in front of her. OMG. It's friggin' hilarious!

And each episode they act like they're just really going to be in danger, that the person they're after is probably carrying a gun or a knife, etc. and they get there, pull their mace out, yell and scream and holler at the whole darn neighborhood, tell everybody to get on the ground like they're a SWAT TEAM or something and it never fails, they end up just about taking the whole family out for dinner, all friendly with them, counseling them and saying to the camera, "Yeah, that's what it's all about is helping people, getting them off of that ice"...while their little girl sings, "Bash their heads in! Bash their heads in!" LOL. And each of them keep repeating, "We are getting our FUGITIVE today." What a joke...A&E can surely do a lot better than this as far as entertainment.

And NO, I don't think this show hurts Hawaii's image at all....I think that CHAPMAN FAMILY hurts THEIR OWN IMAGE....and do a good job at making themselves look real silly every week.....except Leland. I just like him for some reason. He seems like the only one that is halfway "real" - the one that maybe wasn't dropped on his head.....unlike dog and his bitch, OOPS, I mean woa-man! LOL. But this is all, of course, just my opinion.

Comment

Re: Is this a COMEDY SHOW?

Originally posted by ReggaeKy
                I just can't believe that there are actually people like that and making money on a TV SHOW!! LOL OMGosh..
                I was cracking up laughing, though, finding it hilarious!
                It's friggin' hilarious!

What a joke...A&E can surely do a lot better than this as far as entertainment.
                No, nooo, that's just it! hilarious, cheap, broad humor for the masses. No writers needed. No studio needed. Just a three person camera crew.
                realty show doggy style! THAT is entertainment! welcome to america.

Comment

Re: Is this a COMEDY SHOW?

hell, it's on the air...someone's watching it...now the dog wants to go after osama bin laden...i guess 15 minutes just isn't enough for some people...
                  Don't be mean,
                  try to help.

Comment

MAMA and I watched his show "ONE" time! The man and his crew are wanna bees. I know I'm Pupule but this guy is ten times more. Now, he wants to go look for Osama...let um. He won't be coming back here for sure. He can't carry weapons only paper.

I remember him coming to Hotel Street one time looking for someone. He kind of thru his weight and went into every business except mine. Hmmm...I always wondered why. Maybe he new the real hunter was inside. LOL

We got plenty of local Private Investigators here in Hawai'i that do their jobs professionally and within rules. The Dog is nothing other than a Dog who wants more than his fifteen minutes of fame. If he wants to change people, he should change himself. They all look dirty and could use a shower. LOL

Wat, wat you going say Dog? Wanna meet Auntie Lynn of Chinatown? I would make you look shame on or off your show!

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I watch the show and I like the fact that they show that in Hawaii its not all coconuts and palm trees come on guys and girls we all know that if we are born and raised in Hawaii and move out of state the first thing people think if they have never been there is that we still live in grass shacks and that crime could not happen there, reality is I love my home but it sucks to see locals strung out on ICE and doing stupid stuff in my opinion the only reason that you all are being so defensive is that you feel ashamed of what Hawaii has become and to be honest so am I but if you are not going to do something to help then why sit back and cry over a T.V. show that is entertaining seriously, when I am approached about the show by haoles all I tell them is that crime is every where no one ever said that Hawaii had no faults and I reccomend things that they should do. so the show is not hurting Hawaii as much as you may think.

Comment

That was one hell of a sentence, Hoku!

As I've said in previous threads on this show, I watch and enjoy it, and certainly can appreciate the "other side of paradise" angle. It's neat to see the back streets and rural backwaters of Hawaii that you otherwise would never see in a Hawaii travel show.

My primary complaint is Dog's attempt to speak as some sort of authority on Hawaii and all things Hawaiian, as if in a few years he's suddenly become "one with the `aina" and not only understands, but can somehow speak for, the people of Hawaii. I grok that he tries hard to be respectful and all - and good on him as he, in his own graceless way, tries to tell the world about some of the challenges we face - but he'll still make an emphatic statement of fact now and then that is so wholly off base that it's unintentionally hilarious.

Comment

I watched it for the first time last night and agree with pzarquon, it's good to see the 'other side' of Hawai'i, especially if you're not rich and that's the side you're more familiar with, LOL... I thought DOG and his ohana were kinda ridiculous but I was too busy looking at the streets thinking 'oh, auntie so-and-so used to live there' and 'I remember that store' and laughing at the 'localisms' that I miss. It made me very homesick like North Shore never did...

Comment

I love that show!

First off, its in Hawaii.. so that in itself makes it REALLY good!

As to the Dog and such.. they are admittedly from Denver.. so its not like anyone is thinking they are typical Hawaiians (if anyone does).

But regardless, they are very interesting.. I like everything about the show to be honest.

In regards to it now showing the 'real Hawaii'. What is the 'real Hawaii'? The tourist brochure type? They all have their aspects and place on the Islands it seems to me.. along with everything else.

Comment

Mr & Mrs Dawg in an Advertiser POSTER!

Check out page E-3 today. The coolest full-color full-page ad of Dog & Mrs. Dog. You know, these two CRACK ME UP. They are a kick. But this poster is a KEEPER. I wonder if it's running anywhere else in Gannettland as it's an A&E network ad.
                              These two might rub a lot of people the wrong way, but someone is watching, no doubt. Two cool, too cool. Play it Dawg!
                              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
                              X