This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost": Speculation for Season 2

Apparently there was a convention of sorts in LA recently. This story's got some heads-up material in it, including the plane crash (not accidentally).

http://www.calendarlive.com/printedi...?track=tothtml

Or, if that doesn't work try this one: http://tinyurl.com/75v6j
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Finally saw my lost Lost episode tonight. I guess some future episode will show how Kate got to Ray's farm.

Comment

That is a trippy show. It's kinda like Gilligan's Island, X-files and <enter any soap opera name here> all rolled into one. I never watched until the last half of the second to the last show and then of course I had to watch the last show.

I must say I can't wait for next season.

Comment

Re: &quot;Lost&quot;: Speculation for Season 2

Small tidbit from a friend who works on the crew.....some of the crew started up last week, for what will be a long season of shooting. He said that crew members have been asked to sign confidentiality agreements regarding the show, most likely to keep on lid on things from rabid viewers who want to know what's happening. He did point out that this was more of a formality anyway, since the crew really had no clue what was happening as they shot the final episode since they only received partial scripts for just the particular scene that was being shot and not the whole show.

They've also got a big DVD release party scheduled in august shortly before the DVD hits stores.

Comment

If you signed up for the e-mail list, they sent out an update recently.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Oceanic Air commercial. They're aired in a regular commercial block, and are completely "straight" - no reference to Lost, totally produced like any other United or Continental ad, closing with the spiral logo and URL. Very, very cool.
            Last edited by pzarquon; July 20, 2005, 03:48 PM. Reason: Found commercial online.

Comment

I heard the commerical last week but didn't watch it since I was occupied with something else (what else one do during commericals).

One thing I did notice for last week's episode is how Sayid manage to get bottle rockets? I doubt it it's standard equipment for the plane's survival gear and while it was an international flight going to USA, having fireworks on planes is against regulations.

Comment

I too saw that ep in which Sayid had the rockets and that's when I stopped watching...I think "Hawaii" was also on at the time and I watched that instead. Then a friend told me to give Lost another chance. I did and have been hooked since. I've even pre-ordered the DVD of the first season!

Didn't see the commercial but it's message gives me chicken skin! Ho da spooky, especially the 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines...

Longing for that perfect summer getaway?
                Trying to escape from all your troubles and cares?
                One airline can take you all the way.
                Oceanic Airlines, taking you places you've never imagined.
                Visit us today.

Speaking of Oceanic Airlines...
                That's the name of the very same airlines that was in the movie "Executive Decision" starring Kurt Russell, Steven Segal, Halle Berry, John Leguizamo, BD Wong, Oliver Platt.

Any other movies that make references to Oceanic Airlines?

L

Originally posted by helen
                I heard the commerical last week but didn't watch it since I was occupied with something else (what else one do during commericals).

One thing I did notice for last week's episode is how Sayid manage to get bottle rockets? I doubt it it's standard equipment for the plane's survival gear and while it was an international flight going to USA, having fireworks on planes is against regulations.
                Lovena

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoastTropics

That's the name of the very same airlines that was in the movie "Executive Decision" starring Kurt Russell, Steven Segal, Halle Berry, John Leguizamo, BD Wong, Oliver Platt.

Any other movies that make references to Oceanic Airlines?
                  Yes, the airline featured in the Kurt Russell movie is Oceanic Airlines. Here is a picture of the plane, courtesy Airliners.net.

Click here for photo: Oceanic Airlines Boeing 747

From the description field under the photo:

N707CK (cn 21541/332) Painted up in fake "Oceanic" colors for the Steven Seagal movie "Executive Decision". Note the faked bomb damage over the wing. The aircraft is operated by American International Airways (Kalitta).
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Since I just only today saw my tape of the last episode, I have this to offer on the speculation of 2 different planes.

The plane they hauled from the mainland to serve as the beach prop (after they cut it up to pieces on the mainland) was a
                    Lockheed L1011.

In one of the flashback episodes that briefly showed the exterior of the airline, I did not notice the obvious third engine that is mounted on the plane's tail end. Instead they cut to a plane that did not have a tail engine.

I know this is a longshot but it is something I noticed. Could have been just a continuity mistake.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoastTropics

That's the name of the very same airlines....

"right outta central casting..."

it's a common moniker for that purpose;

http://tinyurl.com/bokfs

Comment

Mahalo for the URL's Mel and Kimo!
                        Lovena

Comment

From a column in a news summary I get:
                          Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje ("Oz") joins the cast of "Lost" (Wednesdays, ABC) in the season premiere on Sept. 21. He'll play Emeka "a mysterious man." Thanks, ABC. That's very helpful. But apparently we will find out what's at the bottom of the hatch during the premiere and it won't be another ladder.
                          http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

I've been hooked on Lost since we saw the premier at Sunset on the Beach last year. I don't know how anyone who watched the first 2 episodes woudn't have been.
                            After the premier I got to meet the dog "Vincent" from the show and it's trainer, who's name I can't remember. Both her and the dog live here, and I think the dog is the only local that was a regular on any of the 3 shows shot here last year. It's a shame you don't hear more about them on the local level (Advertiser, local news, Midweek, whatever), I would think that was a pretty big deal. I read somewhere that the dog has it's own website but I haven't been able to find it. Anyone else know what it is?

I can't wait for season 2 though. The dvd's will be nice but I"m dying to find out what's in that hatch!

Comment

I didn't watch all of tonight's (8/24) repeat epsiode which had Jin's flashbacks but a couple of the commericals in the epsiode had promos for Season 2 with Jack and Locke reflecting on what happen during Season 1.

At least I got to see Hurley on TV in the background when Jin first saw the government offical.

Comment

We've been making sure to speed through the re-runs that are on now to catch the promos for Season Two. I've seen the Jack, Locke, and Charlie voice-over ones. Have there been others? Any specific hints about the season, or only "character studies" so far?

At least we know we've got another Hurley flashback in the works...

Comment

Working...
                                X