This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Lost": Speculation for Season 2

I am setting this thread up to discuss further the series "Lost" on ABC as it heads to Season 2. This thread should tidy over all the "Lost" fans until the 2nd season begins this fall. Feel free to discuss anything related to the storyline as well as the production of "Lost" as the series heads for another year on ABC.

One thing I have learned is that "Lost" will be airing an hour later in its Wednesday night time slot, starting at 8 I think for Hawaii viewers. It seems the re-runs are starting at 9... at least for this week.

Let's hope the program does not lose its audience with the time slot change.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Re: "Lost": Speculation for Season 2

I haven't been watching the West Wing since Alias got shown after Lost. Somehow between Lost and Alias adds a minute each to it's run time I have getting to the starting credits to Law & Order.

In any event if I had to guess, the black smoke like thing that shadowed Jack, Kate, John and Hurley might be a bunch of tiny robots that when they come together can either move stuff or project an image that they can do things like uproot trees or take a pilot from a plane. Maybe it was them who forced Oceanic 815 down after cutting the plane into three sections.

Comment

If that time slot change holds up, I'll be happy. I'd prefer to see the second half of the News Hour.
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

I've been checking the chat boards and talking with people and one theory that really seems to be holding its own is; there were two planes. It's even been broken down as to who was on each plane:

Plane 1: Claire, Hurley, Sayid, Sawyer, Michael, Walt, Sun, Jin & Artz

Plane 2: Locke, Jack, Kate, The Marshall, Charlie, Rose, Boone & Shannon

Go back and check the episodes, especially the last one when they do that montage at the end. No one from plane 1 is scene in the same shot with a person from plane 2, when they do the flashback scenes of the plane. Here's one other nugget of info, however I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate. But the people on Plane 1, when they've done flashback episodes on those characters, they've never shown them on the plane as it is breaking apart.

This will become more clear in Season two.

Just a little something to get the thread started.

Dxer

Comment

I saw the first episode in it's entirety today. Sort of noticed that Jack was in the middle of some bamboo trees kind of a respectable distance from the crash site. How he got there is a mystery. Interesting that the middle section had some people made it through the crash while the forward section only the pilot made it through it.

Comment

Originally posted by DXer
            I've been checking the chat boards and talking with people and one theory that really seems to be holding its own is; there were two planes.
            Then how did Hurley/Hugo have a single manifest with everyone (save Ethan) on it? And wouldn't someone have noticed everyone mentioning Flight 815 if they weren't on it?

I am happy to hear that Michelle Rodrigues is coming back, after her brief airport bar cameo in "Exodus." Couple that with the fact that Jack said he wasn't married even though much of his backstory was about his marriage, and you've got the makings of something interesting.

Comment

Two flight 815? Either from different airlines or on different days. Still that doesn't hold up unless the manifest was faked too.

Comment

Originally posted by DXer
                I've been checking the chat boards and talking with people and one theory that really seems to be holding its own is; there were two planes. It's even been broken down as to who was on each plane:

Plane 1: Claire, Hurley, Sayid, Sawyer, Michael, Walt, Sun, Jin & Artz

Plane 2: Locke, Jack, Kate, The Marshall, Charlie, Rose, Boone & Shannon
                In the flashback scenes on two different episodes Jack was at the ticket counter trying to get on board with his dad's coffin. In the line behind of him was Jin.

Comment

... and in Exodus pt. 2, when Michael is on the phone asking his mom (?) to take Walt off his hands, Locke is being pushed by in a wheel chair.

Comment

when does the next season start? what month?

Comment

September. IMDb first said the 23rd but it's now on the 21st which now puts on a Wednesday again. Judging by the listing it seems that it might be a 2 hour season premire, but a lot can happen between now and September 21st.
                      Last edited by helen; June 6, 2005, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Interesting item on the AP wire just now:

"Michelle Rodriguez is getting "Lost" full-time. The 26-year-old actress will join the cast of the stranded-on-an-island drama when production resumes for its second season, ABC announced Monday.
                        "In a flashback scene on the season finale, Rodriguez played Ana-Lucia Cortez, a passenger on doomed Oceanic flight No. 815, who flirted with Jack Shepard, played by Matthew Fox, at an airport bar in Sydney, Australia.
                        "Rodriguez first caught the attention of movie audiences as a boxer in 2000's "Girlfight." She has also starred in "S.W.A.T.," "Resident Evil," "Blue Crush" and "The Fast and the Furious."
                        "ABC didn't specify what Rodriguez's role would be when the show returns, but many "Lost" theorists believe passengers in the back half of the plane, where Cortez said she was sitting, are alive and haven't been discovered."
                        I haven't been following this thread that closely, so... has anyone here picked up on that last item yet about undiscovered passengers?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I suspect that she might be in more flashback sequences and I wouldn't be surprised it was with other passengers.

As far as the back third of the plane, I don't know. The middle third which is where the cast of characters were located ended up on the beach, the first third of the plane ended up inside of the island. Either the rear third landed in the water or on another island or maybe on the other side of the island, either captured by The Others or far enough away to be unaware of the cast who managed so far to burn their section of the plane at night, launched at least 3 flares and tried to contact the outside world twice by radio.

I wonder who it was Boone was talking to on the radio before the Beachcraft fell down.

Comment

HI all,

I'm still loving the two plane theory. About the manifest, that could have easily been planted by the same people where Ethan came from ("the others"). About seeing Hurley walk on the plane right after seeing Locke board the plane or seeing Locke being pushed by Walt while he's on the phone, Jin and Sun standing behind Jack at the ticket counter. Those are all airport terminal shots. I think the KEY is in the plane, those two groups of people are never seen together on the plane.

The ending montage showing everyone boarding the plane is straight up "Sixth Sense" style editing. They edit the shots to make it look like everyone is boarding the same plane. But when you know there are two seperate groups and you watch it again, you pick up that it is two different planes loading and not necessarily at the same time. Sure the two groups of people crossed paths at the Hawaii Convention Center, oops I mean the Sydney Airport and they want you to notice that during the episode. It helps with the ending montage to make you think they are all getting on the same flight. But, when you know there are two seperate groups, it reveals itself right in front of you.

I think some of the show's secrets are actually being revealed, we are just missing them, trying to read to deep into it.

Aloha,
                            DXer

Comment

Hopefully next week they will show episode #3 again. I missed it the first time and it seemed that it didn't get shown a second time.

Anyway while I was watching tonight's (6/8/05) episode it dawned on me that last week's episode started with Jack lying on his back with Vincent the dog passing by that wakes Jack up. Wasn't Vincent in the baggage section in a cage? Who let him out? I doubt it that the cage broke apart since Vincent came out with no problem.

Something grapped the plane out of the sky. As to what? Tractor beam? Telekinetic super beings?

Ohhhhh, hey DXer, there wasn't two planes. Two groups maybe but everyone was put there on the beach with implanted memories of being involved in the aftermath of a plane crash. They never boarded a plane from Sydney to fly to LA. Could explain why certain pieces of luggage made it through with no scratches on it. As to why, I guess it's up to us to figure that one out.
                              Last edited by helen; June 9, 2005, 01:37 AM. Reason: adding some text

Comment

Working...
                              X