• Show
Clear All

Re: Jodi Leong quits KHNL-TV

Dash needs a sitter?

Comment

Originally posted by FreaknHaole
      Dash needs a sitter?
      And is it just me, or is Joe Moore the only 6:00 news guy to be the only anchorman? Why does the other stations need 2 people?
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
        And is it just me, or is Joe Moore the only 6:00 news guy to be the only anchorman? Why does the other stations need 2 people?
        He's way to smug for me. I cannot watch him. And when beauty queen was hired to do weather, his insecurities surfaced as he belittled and berated her on air. He may be #1 here, but Nielsen never checked with me.
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

What I find remarkable is how many people who dislike Joe Moore still watch him. Heck, my wife and I mouth off to the guy every night (to the point where I fear my one-year-old's first words will be, "Shut up, Joe!")... but we still tune in, every night. Say what you will, he draws folks in.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
            What I find remarkable is how many people who dislike Joe Moore still watch him. Heck, my wife and I mouth off to the guy every night (to the point where I fear my one-year-old's first words will be, "Shut up, Joe!")... but we still tune in, every night. Say what you will, he draws folks in.
            again; it's like a distant cousin to the proverbial train wreck. just can't look away. ya gotta watch him...
            You don't wanna.
            But yer gonna.

that reminds me;
            haven't visited 1stwahine's blog lately...

Comment

i am willing to bet that stephanie lum will soon be sitting next to dash on the evening news.

she's really easy to watch and is very likeable.

and a good point was brought up earlier...what's with khnl stocking up on kitv employees.

dash, shima, leong, ako, i even heard that stephen florino guy is from channel 4.

wonder who's next?

if i had to guess, i would think 8 would grab mahealani richardson and rob demello. (lets hope rob isn't learning how to choke people from kekaula)
              well, on second thought, maybe that would be good, he's probaly making more money now. start practicing the choke demello!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle WIlly
                ...what's with khnl stocking up on kitv employees...
                It also goes with KGMB. Paul Drewes, Stephanie Lum, and Walter Makaula all previously worked at the channel 9 station.

Comment

A lot will depend on the no-compete clauses in their contracts

Comment

Doesn't matter if KHNL's hired from KITV or KGMB in the past. It's just like radio in this town... if you don't end up moving to a bigger market on the mainland, there's a good chance you'll be on more than one station here.

And the haole is right... non-compete clauses do have an effect. For example, if DeMello or Richardson got hired, they might not be able to get in front of a camera for six months or more.

But that begs the question - who else besides the 6 and 10 p.m. newscasters actually have a non-compete written into their contract?

Comment

A lot of people who work in news have non-compete clauses in their contracts... almost all of the reporters and most producers (under contract) can't work in a similar position at a competiting station (in this market) either.
                      Last edited by newsgroupie; July 29, 2005, 08:28 AM.

Comment

sitting next to dash on the evening news...

Originally posted by Uncle WIlly
                        i am willing to bet that stephanie lum will soon be sitting next to dash on the evening news. she's really easy to watch and is very likeable.
                        SHE IS VERY PRETTY BUT YOU SHOULD REALLY LISTEN TO WHAT SHE SAYS. IN THE BEGINNING SHE MADE LOTS OF GRAMMAR AND PRONOUNCING MISTAKES. SHE LOOKS EMPTY HEADED. IS SHE DUMB?
                        dash, shima, leong, ako, i even heard that stephen florino guy is from channel 4.
                        AKO'S BIO SAYS SHE CAME FROM THE MAINLAND.
                        if i had to guess, i would think 8 would grab mahealani richardson and rob demello.
                        I MUCH PREFER TASHA KOBASHIGAWA FROM KITV. SHE IS A HOTTIE.

SOMEONE SAID EARlier Ako might have the edge to sit with Dash. I hope so, but I see they have Shima A LOT NOW. SHARIE READS NEWS NOW? I'M NOT IN THIS INDUSTRY SO I HAVEN'T GOT THE COOL SCOOPS SOME OF YOU SEEM TO HAVE.

Comment

Ako is FROM Hawaii, but came from the mainland in terms of her broadcast journalist experience working on other stations there. Her husband owns Affordable Caskets I think.

Dont anybody knock Florino as I know his wife personally and she is very nice.

Ms. Lum I think worked at stations in Seattle and Guam.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Eh Whassup Wit People Only Writing In Caps? How You Going Make Yoa Point If You Make Everyting In Da Same Kine Size Font? Yeah? No Make Sense Brah, Switch Off Da "caps Lock" On Keyboard And Use Yoa Pinkie On Da "shift" Button So You Can Alternate Caps And Lower Case. Goooooood Eh?

Comment

Anyone knows where
                              jodi is now?

Comment

Originally posted by tomsdad5
                                Anyone knows where
                                jodi is now?

I just saw Jodi at the grocery store last week. She's definitely talking with another TV station here in Honolulu, however, her no-compete clause means she might not be working until January. She lamented not having to work for six whole months, with a bit of a smile. So, no, she didn't quit to do community theater as was reported. It will be nice to see her back on the air again.

She's one of my single friends...
                                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
                                X