KGMB's Jade Moon replaced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KGMB's Jade Moon replaced?

Imagine discovering you're being replaced by reading it in the paper... instead of from your employer.
    Nothing "Balanced" about that kind of news.

From the Honolulu Advertisier July 26th, 2005:

"Looks like KGMB 9 will be hiring a male anchor to team up with Kim Gennaula, beginning this fall. Keahi Tucker, who was an intern-associate producer at Channel 9 before joining one of KGMB's sister stations in the Midwest, will join the CBS affiliate in September. As Noel Tucker, he has been on WBAL in Baltimore, where he is a reporter and weekend anchor. Insiders say he'll debut as a reporter, then segue into the anchor slot. Tucker did a reading with Gennaula a few months ago; KGMB recently tapped him to cover the Pearl Harbor BRAC and Akaka bill hearings, so you might have already caught a glimpse of him. ..."

Re: KGMB's Jade Moon replaced?

I've always enjoyed Jade Moon. The nerve of KGMB News for not telling her before hitting the media! They all need a whack whack in their fr#@*n heads. I just seen Jade Moon on the mid day news report...she's a trooper, going on like nothing happen. Hmmmm...does she know or not? Some other station with the smarts going get her. She has a local folowing and one of the is me! Good luck Jade Moon!!!!!!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

In my opinion there's absolutely no chemistry between Jade and Kim. Sometimes when Jade is between Kim and Guy, you can just sense how much work she's putting into looking as though she were a happy camper. Jade is a stunner, but maybe they think she's getting a bit long in the tooth. Kim is the girl next door. Lucky for her that her Tex-Mex flavor gives her staying power. No doubt, TV is a cold, cruel world. It's probably best to get out on your own like Jodie Leong than to be shown the door like Kathy Muneno (which I think was a HUGE mistake). It's amazing to me the staying power of the KITV royalty of Sprinkle & Young. They ain't kids any more. And Leslie Wilcox. Bless them and lucky for them that they can stay so long. It would be nice if the standards of an aging newsman could be applied to aging newswomen.
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Here's the scoops on Noel "Keahi" Tucker.

http://www.thewbalchannel.com/wbal/1713027/detail.html

Comment

Found this on the KGMB9 News Website: http:www.kgmb.com/kgmb/search/cfm
          Search Results: 2 results found for "jade moon"
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jade Moon | Anchor

Jade Moon anchors the 5 and 6pm newscasts. The most experienced of the station's news team, Jade brings 18 years worth of anchoring and reporting experience to KGMB9.

Guess being the most experienced, has no weight anymore.

Auntie Lynn
          Last edited by 1stwahine; July 26, 2005, 04:50 PM. Reason: remembered rule not to post word for word....

Comment

Wayne Harada's piece didn't mention anything about the future of Jade Moon, only that KGMB is hiring somebody who is going to start this fall.

Comment

Props to the first person to reveal Jade Moon's real name...
              Burl Burlingame
              "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
              honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941
                Props to the first person to reveal Jade Moon's real name...
                Grace Jones! It's on hawaiithreads/search!

Comment

Amazing what you can find with that search engine...

Comment

Nevermind. The brain didn't fully receive the info from the eyes.
                    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Kim is so fake...herhubby actually looks happier when she's not on.
                      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                      Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
                        Kim is so fake...herhubby actually looks happier when she's not on.
                        hahahahahahaha! das is funny. wish i thought of that myself.

auntie lynn

Comment

that really sucks. thousands of men on oahu have a crush on jade. very charismatic woman. everybody e-mail kgmb to reconsider.
                          www.Southshoregraphics.com
                          Web Design > Flash > Logos > Vector

Comment

has she officially been replaced? i know it's not definitive but the website still lists her as though she's still with the team. just wondering....
                            525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Kim is so fake...herhubby actually looks happier when she's not on

This gave me a good chuckle. I feel the same. I hear from a friend who works at KGMB that she isn't too well liked in the newsroom for that reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X