This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" on ABC

Just read in the trades this morning that ABC's picked up nine more episodes of "Lost" (and "Desperate Housewives") for a total of 22 weeks each.

There was another item about the "ratings-challenged" "North Shore" being moved to a different night, so it can follow The O.C.
    I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

That 22 episode order bodes well for "Lost". As most know, "Lost" and "Desperate Housewives" are 2 of ABC's highest rated TV shows this season.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

"Lost" has been picked up for a full season.

Lost Finds Security on ABC's Schedule

The new hit show has been picked up by the network for a full season, which means another nine episodes beyond the 13 already being filmed.

"Lost" is the most expensive television show ever filmed in Hawaii and perhaps the United States, costing an estimated $3 million to $4 million an episode. The "Lost" pilot was the most expensive in the network's history, costing as much as $14 million.
        This is great news for Hawaii's TV industry and the economy. These guys spend plenty of big bucks right here in the islands. Helps too that this show is pretty darn good and interesting to watch.
        Last edited by mel; October 22, 2004, 06:41 AM. Reason: because I needed to.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Saw Saturday's rebroadcast of Locke's story, interesting episode. If the island can make Locke walk again, I suppose it can make Jack's dad come to life again.

Comment

Hmm. Episode by episode we learn a little more about these people. This is pretty well done as a suspense show. I don't think even the original articles mentioned the
            English language fluency.
            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Since I missed the pilot episodes I do have a couple of questions.

1) Where was the plane originally heading? I take it was leaving from Australia.

2) Tonight's episode mentioned about encountering polar bears. I take it, that was on the first episode?

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                Since I missed the pilot episodes I do have a couple of questions.

1) Where was the plane originally heading? I take it was leaving from Australia.

2) Tonight's episode mentioned about encountering polar bears. I take it, that was on the first episode?
                I don't think the destination has ever been explicitly mentioned. The polar bear was in episode two, and the presence of a polar bear in the tropics has not been fully explained either.
                http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

In the airport scene that was shown today (nice airport at the Convention Center btw), I kind of heard something about a flight to Singapore. So maybe that is where our group of castaways may have been heading.

Now that they are in the cave, I wonder if there will be what... 7 bodies? (The cave as I understand is in the former Xerox building on Nimitz highway that was converted to their studio set/lot)......
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I can't remember the island's name but if they encounter a hermit crab in a beer can that tries to scam them of their money, a love sick turtle, and a statue of Lenin then we should be seeing them in the Honolulu Star Bulletin.

The comic strip Sherman's Lagoon which is in the Star Bulletin has a polar bear as a character.

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                      In the airport scene that was shown today (nice airport at the Convention Center btw), I kind of heard something about a flight to Singapore. So maybe that is where our group of castaways may have been heading.
                      I heard the PA speaking about Singapore but Jack was heading to Los Angeles to bury his dad.

Comment

I didn't even know about this thread...no need to watch just go to the thread and you guys do it all! And the spoilers are wonderful!!! I never have time to do my dished cuz right after Lost is West Wing and then we turn to CSI: NY...not as good as the original though so I may just stick to Law & Order! But thanks for mentioning the thread Parzquon.
                        Retired Senior Member

Comment

My family passed out before we could call the episode up on our TiVo, so we'll have to watch it later. Of course, I already spoiler-fied myself to bits elsewhere on the web as well as here... but that's okay. I can appreciate a story's telling even if I know how it's going to go.

I see the Convention Center returned in its cameo role... my boss mentioned also a local temple playing the part of a rich Korean estate.

I'm glad the Korean couple finally got their backstory. The only one I'm really curious about now is Claire. I'm guessing, though, that it's Charlie who'll get the spotlight next.

Comment

So who had their backstories in the pilot episode? There are still some unanswered questions about the couple, for instance it wasn't clear why he came home with blood and why she wanted to run away from him at the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                              I see the Convention Center returned in its cameo role... my boss mentioned also a local temple playing the part of a rich Korean estate.
                              The Korean place was Valley of the Temples... you know the big red building that just about every Hawaii made TV show has used at some point in their production. All too familiar. I remember the place even substituted for Japan in the movie Pearl Harbor.
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Watched it last night. I liked it. The cave versus beach split is interesting, but we know the cave folks will win out, because they're not filming at Kualoa anymore.

The father-son backstory is probably due soon, seeing as how we've been fed enough in pieces to prepare us for it. The importance of objects is also growing - watches, guitars, shiny rocks recovered from skeletons...

They're really trying to build tension between Kate/Jack, but so many of the other characters are more interesting (where the hell was Claire?), I can't bring myself to care. I'm afraid we're going to get more of their backstory before others, like Hurley, who stands out like a sore thumb as one major character who hasn't even had passing reference to his life before the crash. Sawyer, too, I guess.
                                Originally posted by helen
                                There are still some unanswered questions about the couple, for instance it wasn't clear why he came home with blood and why she wanted to run away from him at the airport.
                                I'm not sure if those are questions that will be answered. Why did he come home bloody? To illustrate just how far things have gone, and how much he had changed, since starting to work for her father.

We were given a standard "alienation of affection" progression (right down to the gift of a puppy), where he works harder and harder, becoming less accessible, and more troubled, as he works off his obligation. He took the job to earn approval of their marriage, but the person he'd become in the process was not the man she loved. Clearly he started doing some seriously dirty work, and she wanted out, planning a fake kidnapping during a trip they were taking together.

In the end, however, she couldn't do it, and went with him.

My questions are, instead: Were the Koreans in Australia, and why? When Sun made her decision the airport, Jack was also there for the same flight, and he was en route from Sydney to L.A. Was the P.A. mention of Singapore significant? And did Jin find out about the runaway plot somewhere between there and the crash? 'Cause while I can attribute much to the "male-dominated culture" thing, in the Pilot it sure seemed like he was angry with her (before softening a bit in later episodes).
                                Last edited by pzarquon; October 29, 2004, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X