This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" on ABC

My guess about the bloody shirt was that her father was something important in the Korean equivalent of yakuza.
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Any comments about the November 3 show which will be re-broadcast on Saturday?

I have no suspects on who hit Sayid, unless there is someone else on the island other than the survivors.

Comment

KITV 4 News is doing a series of reports on this TV series during their Wednesday night broadcasts. This past Wednesday they did a short feature on the Xerox building and how the insides were gutted and transformed into "the cave".
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by helen
          Any comments about the November 3 show which will be re-broadcast on Saturday?
          I was flipping channels when I came to Lost. I don't usually watch this series so I don't know the characters but this one guy was showing a female passenger about setting something up with in a triangular pattern. Then he pulled out what looked to be fireworks(?) out of his bag! I tried to watch it but ended up changing the channel.
          Lovena

Comment

The way tonight's episode ended, I wonder if it was the last one they filmed before getting the order for more.
            Said walking off along the beach, the band guy persuading the pregnant girl to go to the caves, the wide pan shot at the end...I wonder.

Not that it matters, since they showed some clips from next week's show, including one which looked like Said's backstory. Who among the principal actors is left to tell us about? Miss Pregnant, I suppose.

Comment

w.I can see that. A fun way to put a little pressure on the network for a full pickup, taking the gamble that viewers would be as hooked as they turned out to be!

I liked the episode. The show continued to surprise me. Real people in that situation would get ugly, and the characters did, too.

I really felt like something turned in Locke... his brief appearance seemed overtly out of character. Sun may have been "outed" or maybe not, but Michael is now definitely on her husband's hit list. And I was so happy to see Claire back in the picture. Claire and Charlie are making major cute. And it turns out Shannon is human, after all.

Sayid's closing move gives us a chance for a real subplot (rather than the beach v. cave split)... and the promo for next week, following what happened to him last week, adds a pretty hefty new dimension to life on the island.

I was glad to have Sawyer's backstory, though I wish it didn't give him so clear a sympathy card -- in real life, there are people who will simply be objectionable, and "I had a rough childhood!" only goes so far.

Who's next on the flashback train, I wonder? Sayid, probably. Then Claire.

Oddly, hurley remains one of the people whose pre-crash life is totally unknown. The siblings, too, but at least they have a device to work with.

By the way, I saw "Lost" building out a street-level, corner lot in Chinatown. Whether it's a set or an office remains to be seen.

Comment

Has that attack on Sayid (last week) been explained? I don't remember even a hint of who did it.

Comment

Other than expecting Locke or Sawyer, no.

Comment

I was meeting some colleagues for lunch downtown this week and stumbled across a new "Lost" set. Unfortunately, unlike the day I snapped some "Walkabout" photos a few months ago, I only had my grainy, blurry cameraphone on me. Just as well, though, since the workers inside seemed a bit secretive. Fortunately, one was friendly and even invited me in (before someone obviously more important gestured me out). A full photographer setup probably wouldn't have allowed me as much access as I got.

So, though they're low-resolution and crooked (consistent with surreptitious "I'm just on a call" cameraphone operation), I figured I'd share them.

The first two shots are from the same spot outside the set, one on Wednesday and the second from today, so you can see how quickly the walls went up.

The second photo above, and the next two, are of the same doorway, seen from both sides. Curiously, the glass had the imprint of the words "Honolulu Metro Police" (now removed), so I bet the door and walls are from NBC's cancelled cop series "Hawaii." The fifth photo is of a false wall that will obviously be all you'll see through the doorway (from the side pictured with the counter).

The last two photos? Your guess is as good as mine.

The guy who invited me in said the set was for a police station, and some of the props seemed to indicate that (perhaps a municipal holding cell). But there were also props on tables and lying around consistent with a hospital -- a scale, tables, chairs. Finally, and most interestingly, as I was shooed out, a sign maker was walking in with vinyl applique, a reverse window sticker, featuring the Oceania airline logo!

Comment

I'm prone to obsessions (70's music or british humor..much to my wife's chagrin) and right now it's LOST. Each episode never fails to suprise or provide revelations about each character. I never thought I'd actually feel a bit sorry for Sawyer.

Most interesting character to me..is LOCKE. His episode had the most suprise revelations, I thought..

Comment

Fans of the old Babylon 5 TV series will be interested to know that Mira Furlan is to do a guest shot on Lost in this week's upcoming episode. Daniel Dae Kim who is a regular on Lost played first officer Lt. Matheson on the very short lived Babylon 5 spinoff series Crusade.
                        Last edited by mel; November 14, 2004, 10:38 AM.
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I was blogbrowsing a few minutes ago and discovered a link to this story from the Houston Chronicle about the speed with which the show was put together.

Comment

I was reminded of the scene in M*A*S*H (the movie) when the helicopters show up as Hawkeye's in the midst of a backswing, and he says "I wish they wouldn't land those when I'm driving."

Now we know a little more about Sayid, but I don't remember the guy with the rash being in any of the previous episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                              Has that attack on Sayid (last week) been explained? I don't remember even a hint of who did it.
                              I'd like to know the answer to this too and anything about last week's episode. I made the mistake of forgetting to watch last week's episode thinking it would be re-run on Saturday. Guess what? No Saturday re-run!

I guess the network is feeling confident enough about the show (and "Desperate Housewives") to forgoe the Saturday rerun episodes.
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Apparently there's no show next week, if you believe the promos at the end. Pre-Thanksgiving folderol, I wonder?

Comment

Working...
                                X