This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV commericals you like to watch

ala moana shopping center commercials. very well edited and good music.
    quite cute.
    snuggly.
    oh damn.
    I mean ...
    aaah nemmind.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
      Local ad agency, Hendricks Miyasaki Shin Advertising, conceptualized the commercial.
      James Sereno of Kinetic Films directed.
      Very cute spot!

great commercial! i wish i was on it! welcome aboard to HT!

auntie lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Re: Favorite Local TV Ads!

Originally posted by Pomai
        There was an HMSA commercial I liked that ran about a year or so ago, which was shown on various Oceanic channels.

A very simple approach...
        A woman sitting on a doorstep in front of an island-style home, putting a ribbon in her daughter's hair while she hummed a calming tune. A relaxing windchime could be heard in the background. No music track. The lense was filtered a bit to enhance the calm effect the ad projected.

I used to always sit there and watch it whenever it came on. Very relaxing.
        I loved that commercial. Very relaxing indeed.

As for Lanai and Augie, I know some hate the lava line commercial, but it just makes me CRACK UP!! My husband is totally amused at my over amusement of that spot. I laugh at the same point all the time (when they scratch the truck).
        Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

Originally posted by Ty Lee
          I like the one where the guy is looking around for parking to avoid the bird crap and gets nailed by the golfball.

TY
          That was a funny one! I really appreciate these local commercials that actually have some thought and/or humor in them.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
            Is the producer the same one who did the ads with those people running around downtown with butterfly nets?
            MadAzza, do you remember what that commercial was for? I remember I liked that one, but can't seem to remember now what it was about. That car commercial with the two guys...."I'm not listening/I can't hear you...lalalalala" they have a good campaign, that company.

Comment

Originally posted by tiptoetulip
              MadAzza, do you remember what that commercial was for? I remember I liked that one, but can't seem to remember now what it was about. That car commercial with the two guys...."I'm not listening/I can't hear you...lalalalala" they have a good campaign, that company.
              geico or progressive maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                geico or progressive maybe?
                I was wondering about the one with people running around with butterfly nets in the downtown area.

Comment

Progressive Net Corporation...

Comment

Shush, Kimo!

No, Tip, I don't remember which company that ad was for. Gawd, that was months ago! Something local, though. OK, I guess that's not a big help ...

Comment

CPB!

Oh dear! That's the purpose of advertising...to entice the viewer to remember the product!

Local ad agency, Hendricks Miyasaki Shin Advertising, conceptualized the commercial.
                      James Sereno of Kinetic Films directed.
                      Very cute spot!
                      Not to mention a very nice gift from a bank. Beats the heck outta coolers, beach chairs and notebooks!

tutusue (who traded in her iPod shuffle for a gift card to the iTunes Music Store)
                      Eh, Tutu Sue! Welcome to HawaiiThreads -- did s.c.h. get too boring?

Comment

ala moana shopping center commercials. very well edited and good music.
                        quite cute.
                        snuggly.
                        oh damn.
                        I mean ...
                        aaah nemmind.
                        Getting a little soft in the heart, Kimo?!
                        Same director as the CPB/iPod spot...different ad agency!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                          great commercial! i wish i was on it! welcome aboard to HT!

auntie lynn
                          Ah, thanx! I've lurked on occasion. This will be news to Ryan, but I'm the unofficial president of the non-existent "Ryan Ozawa Family Fan Club"! Shhhh...don't tell him, 'kay?! Big head...attitude...the whole works if he ever finds out!

Comment

I don't like that commercial. seems forced, contrived, improbale, uncomfortable... the dancing is awkward.

actors needed a glass of wine or so before floppin around.
                            and the dumb tellers, shoulda had them do something else but stand there with goofy smiles on their faces.
                            Actually, the dancing is supposed to be awkward. That's part of the concept...part of the 'gag', as it were. They were selected for their dancing 'style'! "Real" customers doin' their 'thing'!

The next time you're on Maui, watch for a Whaler's Village commercial with dancing clothes. Altho' the incredible dancing ability of the people wearing those clothes can't totally be seen (they're in green body suits shot against a green screen so all you see are the clothes dancing), that was a case of casting expert dancers. CPB was not.

The understated "goofy smiles" were part of the 'gag'! I don't know whether or not those were actual CPB bank tellers (my guess is they were). If so, then it's difficult at best to direct someone...anyone...who has never been on camera before, esp. in a spot with a comedic undertone.

Regardless, there will never be a commercial that *everyone* likes! But it's kinda fun talking about them! I just have to remember to be, ummm, politically correct! Never know who's lurking here!

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                              Eh, Tutu Sue! Welcome to HawaiiThreads -- did s.c.h. get too boring?
                              Nah, I'll always be an SCHer at heart having been there since day one! However, I have enough killfiles going that I see relatively few daily posts. Okay, okay...I have only one killfile in place and it takes care of 75% of the posts!!! Know what I mean?

Comment

Ah, thanx! I've lurked on occasion. This will be news to Ryan, but I'm the unofficial president of the non-existent "Ryan Ozawa Family Fan Club"! Shhhh...don't tell him, 'kay?! Big head...attitude...the whole works if he ever finds out!
                                I wont tell him "nuttin"...cause he reads "everything!"

Auntie Lynn
                                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                                X