This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite Local TV Ads!

There is some kind of big birthday party shindig planned for Lex Brodie sometime this fall. I think he will soon become 90 years old. News of his passing is greatly exaggerated and totally false.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by makikiboy
      Hey I know Lex doesnt do the ads anymore but he hasnt passed on yet.

Thank You Very Much.

Makiki Boy
      sheesh! have I been in the dark/misinformed/misled/misunderstood/mistaken/misanthrope/missmeifi'mgone/misterdobalinamisterbobdobalina

Comment

Anyone remember the late Jim Varney as Earnest P. Worrel in the Bankoh commercials......"Bank of Hawaii, Vern".

Comment

Anyone remember the late Jim Varney as Earnest P. Worrel in the Bankoh commercials......"Bank of Hawaii, Vern".
          I thought those were for First Federal Savings and Loan, which was a division of BoH.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Mocha
            I liked the one for an insurance company...can't remember which one but the two guys bumped and one guy says: Eh you didn't stop...I did, no you slowed down but you didn't stop...etc. I always smiled at that one ...
            I liked that one, too. Of course, in real life they'd be pounding each other. I also generally like the Zippy's ads, for the music and the black & white design. (Is the producer the same one who did the ads with those people running around downtown with butterfly nets?) I really like the Zippy's ad with the woman running around town, running errands with her kid and her dog, because the dog in that commercial is really cute. Also (disclaimer), it's *my* dog! (He donated his fee to the Humane Society, which is where I got him.) But I think I'd pretty much like the Zippy's ads, even without the family tie. Catchy, simple music with a driving bass line and drums, uncomplicated themes ... and hey, it's Zippy's!

Comment

ah yes, now that I think of it you are right. 1st federal savings and loan it was!

Comment

I like the one where the guy is looking around for parking to avoid the bird crap and gets nailed by the golfball.

TY

Comment

Re: TV commericals you like to watch

I love the Bank Ad...the one the customers stand in line dancing to their own tunes, listening to their Ipods - given to them as a gift from the bank...forgot the name. Eh, I just watch the commercials, I don't remember the "Bank!" Oh! The Lassie Dog is in it at the end.

The jingle to the commercial is great too. Applause to whoever came up with that commercial!

Auntie Lynn

PS. The wahine in the papale and muumuu gave me inspiration to lose weight! I neva like come that HUGE! AUWE!!!!!
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine

Auntie Lynn

PS. The wahine in the papale and muumuu gave me inspiration to lose weight! I neva like come that HUGE! AUWE!!!!!

But Auntie the bigger you are, the more there is to love! Since being skinny isn't all that it's cracked up to be having made love to a skinny girl before I can attest that those pelvic bones hurt a lot
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                      But Auntie the bigger you are, the more there is to love! Since being skinny isn't all that it's cracked up to be having made love to a skinny girl before I can attest that those pelvic bones hurt a lot
                      eh you puinsai?
                      or puouside?!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                        eh you puinsai?
                        or puouside?!

Kimo?! What is UP with you? Eh! Go get your wahine and make her purr! You need some inside exercise!
                        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                          Kimo?! What is UP with you? Eh! Go get your wahine and make her purr! You need some inside exercise!
                          "what is UP with me"

ooohh whudda knotty question.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                            Wrong, wrong, wrong! I was skinny too...and I never had "any" complaint! It's "how" you move (cough, cough) criagwatanabe. LOL

Auntie Lynn
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I love the Bank Ad...the one the customers stand in line dancing to their own tunes, listening to their Ipods - given to them as a gift from the bank...forgot the name.
                              CPB!
                              Eh, I just watch the commercials, I don't remember the "Bank!"
                              Oh dear! That's the purpose of advertising...to entice the viewer to remember the product!

The jingle to the commercial is great too. Applause to whoever came up with that commercial!
                              Local ad agency, Hendricks Miyasaki Shin Advertising, conceptualized the commercial.
                              James Sereno of Kinetic Films directed.
                              Very cute spot!
                              Not to mention a very nice gift from a bank. Beats the heck outta coolers, beach chairs and notebooks!

tutusue (who traded in her iPod shuffle for a gift card to the iTunes Music Store)

Comment

I love the Bank Ad...the one the customers stand in line dancing to their own tunes,
                                I don't like that commercial. seems forced, contrived, improbale, uncomfortable... the dancing is awkward. actors needed a glass of wine or so before floppin around.
                                and the dumb tellers, shoulda had them do something else but stand there with goofy smiles on their faces.

Comment

Working...
                                X