This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Lost" Season 2

I read this spoiler page in this morning's Star Bull page, I think Sawyer will bite the dust...IMO he would be missed the least.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Comment

Danielle Rousseau hasnt appeared this season but I have heard that she will be the one LOST rather than Sawyer or Shannon. This would further complicate things for the castaways given that she was mysterious but at the very least she wasnt as evil like the OTHERS. So they would lose someone on their side in theory.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Can't wait for next week's ep!

I really enjoyed this ep and am glad that they had Shannon's flashbacks. I hope Shannon doesn't die, but I guess we won't know until the next ep. Also, when Ana told everyone to "RUN!" I wonder what they did with Sawyer, just leave him?
        Lovena

Comment

Ah, a good episode with a big ending... don't read on if you haven't seen or heard, but frankly, the news is out big time.

Great tease with the "one of these survivors will be lost forever" for the last three weeks, then showing mostly Sawyer near death. While I see some Shannon fans are convinced we don't know yet whether it's Shannon or Sawyer that dies, I'm pretty sure the case is closed on that question.

The open question now is, who killed her. I know, I know, we saw the shocked faces and the gun... but we were quite obviously not shown the trigger being pulled. Shannon disappeared into the bushes between our two groups of survivors, both of whom heard voices. And frankly, if an unknown party fired that shot, I'd have my gun drawn like Ana Lucia too. Hmm!

A couple of things surprised me. One, Sayid saw Walt, too -- so it wasn't all in Shannon's head. (He talked backwards again, "They're coming, they're getting close." Who's they?) And, lots of people heard the voices, so again, it isn't something only inside one person's head.

The flashback wasn't particularly compelling to me. I guess it added a more sympathetic element to Shannon's character, but not enough to offset how hard they tried to make her unlikable... and pretty pointless now that she's gone in the same episode. But, Boone was back, and had the best line: "Death sucks, doesn't it?" And we were reminded of the connection to Jack at the hospital.

At least Shannon got some lovin' with Sayid, and he professed his love. I guess Sayid missed that class in Horror 101 that explains that... consummating a relationship in a tense, dangerous environment requires one of the parties to bite the farm post haste!

I also liked the little character development we got with the original group. Charlie and Claire bickering, Charlie getting jealous of Locke, and Locke learning of Charlie's statue. Oh, and Rose's line about not liking the hatch.

All of the clues and fodder for fans came with the "Tailies," though. Libby blurts, "Did you see the children?" So Walt wasn't the only kid taken. Ana Lucia explains how their group was terrorized. Was Mr. Eko a mute before the crash?

Much will be revealed next week, I am certain. That episode looks to be quite a ride.

Comment

So how did your explanation of podcasting go this morning, Zarq? I saw the clip on KITV's 10:00pm news last night, but got sidetracked this morning and didn't see the show.
            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
              While I see some Shannon fans are convinced we don't know yet whether it's Shannon or Sawyer that dies, I'm pretty sure the case is closed on that question.
              Maybe... but I think not.
              I think Sawyer and Shannon are both still alive, and it's the missing "Tailie" (Cindy?) who died. She was the one who was missing after the rest of the Tailies had climbed the cliff.
              That would let them kill off someone as they promised, but it would be a new and minor character that died and would keep both of the major players.
              Hmmmmm...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

But boy would that be a cheat. That'd be like playing up Arzt's death (when it was quite a neat surprise). Besides, while they play word games a lot, it seemed clear in the promos that they said, "One of these survivors..." while showing the primary cast. We definitely didn't see Cindy.

We won't know for sure until two episodes from now who's dead, I guess. My money's on Shannon, even if only 'cause the actress has been out and about for weeks now on the Mainland, and certainly hasn't been spotted working much here anymore. That and Sawyer is way too popular.

Folks are suspicious of Cindy. She kept wanting to rest (to let the Others catch up?). She disappeared mysteriously, without a peep, only moments before all heck broke loose.
                So how did your explanation of podcasting go this morning, Zarq? I saw the clip on KITV's 10:00pm news last night, but got sidetracked this morning and didn't see the show.
                I didn't even see the clip last night! Wasn't sure when they were going to use it. This morning was fun. We mostly talked "Lost," not podcasting. It's only a two minute segment, so we only hit a couple of points and that was that. Hopefully it wasn't too painful and I'll be back next Thursday morning!

Comment

If y'all didn't see it last night, it was Zarq and wife on the couch, with "Lost" on the TV screen (with subtitles! Must have been a deliberate choice for transcription purposes, I'd guess). It was pretty brief.

Comment

One of the show's producers was quoted yesterday as saying that the actress who plays Shannon was a good sport about being written out of the show, so I guess that answers that one.
                    Apparently.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

She's in the current flick "The Fog", so it's not like she's completely out of work.

Comment

For industry watchers, Maggie Grace was on the short list because she was reportedly about to be cast in the next X-Men sequel, but couldn't because of her contract with ABC. She had time in the hiatus to make "The Fog," but it was clear her ambitions were greater than the small screen.

In reading various articles on the shooting, though, it's interesting to note that about half state it as fact, and about half are still hedging their bets ("was apparently the one to go," and "was apparently shot by..."). Twists and tricks are too common with "Lost" for folks to take it at face value!

Comment

Wow!

What a great ep! From the plane crash to "The List"....

The only thing I didn't like was that the tailies time on the island was shown in one ep!
                          Lovena

Comment

It was kind of an unique episode. At least we got to see something falling from the sky. Which kind of begs the question did some one on the island was responsible for bringing the plane down?

Comment

On a "Lost"-related note....KITV did an entertaining piece on Jorge Garcia eating at his favorite burger place.....W&M. He picked up Donovan Dela Cruz's "Puka Guide" to hole-in-the-wall places shortly after he got here and has been hooked on the delicious burgers ever since. He did mention that he is carefully looking for the right place to try a Loco Moco.

Comment

It's too bad that the tailies' story had to be compressed so much, but at the same time it was pretty cool to see the days flow by so quickly like that. And considering that there are only a few of them (Ana Lucia, Mr. Eko, Bernard, and the blonde clinical psychiatrist whose name escapes me) it won't be difficult to weave their backstories in.

The List has fascinating implications.

Comment

Working...
                                X