X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Lost" Season 2

Originally posted by helen
    It was kind of an unique episode. At least we got to see something falling from the sky. Which kind of begs the question did some one on the island was responsible for bringing the plane down?
    Yeah, but I was a little disappointed in that; it was pretty hokey compared to the rest of the special effects they've used.
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Every time I see a "jungle" scene in Lost, I have to chuckle because I know that kind of terrain from hiking up and down it all through my youth. Or the beach scenes; I always have to keep from thinking, hey, I know that shoreline.

Comment

It definitely opened in an unexpected way. Interestingly, when I watched it at home last night, I was across the room and just thought, "Hmm, cool!" I might have even been a bit disappointed in that sequence, like Link. But this morning, I was in the local ABC TV studio and they played the scene again, and I saw it up close in HD and full surround sound, and boy, did it whomp me, after all. No, it wasn't the $10 million "Pilot," but in the framework of just another episode? It was awesome.

Kilinahe said it was her favorite episode ever. Or nearly that. I'd put it in the top ten, at least. A lot to digest and a lot of time covered in an hour and four minutes (minus commercials).

I guess feeling a bit rushed was unavoidable, so I think the pacing was pretty good. The "aha" moments where you see how things overlap with stuff we've already seen were also cool. And even though this is now the third episode this season to end at the exact same point in time of a prior episode, it didn't annoy me half as much.

And all the crazy conspiracy theorists who were betting that we didn't see what we saw last week were given a reality check.

Next week's ep looks to be killer. We've really seen very little of our original, merry band of survivors, and I've actually started to feel a bit weird not seeing Jack or Kate and the like. Well, we'll be back in their territory, and their characters will definitely be put to the test. If the season to date has been a bit weak to you, I think the final mixing of the "Fusies" and the "Tailies" will jumpstart things quite a bit.

I love this show. And Jorge Garcia called into our Lost podcast! Life is good.

Comment

We had it on in HD, but no surround sound. I dunno, the plane hitting the water just looked a little too obviously like a model of some kind. That's a minor quibble, though. The rest of the episode was fully up to whatever expectations I had.

Comment

In past episodes, much has been made of the little boy's (Walt's) teddy bear, including when the pirates kidnapped him and also when the Fusies are hiding in the bushes and The Others march by with one of them carrying a teddy bear.
            But in last night's episode about the Tailies, that little boy also has a teddy bear. The camera zoomed in on it once or twice, and to me it looked exactly like the other one.
            So... is there a Teddy Bear Conspiracy?

And... were the Teddy Bears on The List?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Walt had a teddy bear? He got a stuffed polar bear in a flashback, but I don't think we saw it on the island. (There was also Desmond's stuffed rabbit.) I think the first big teddy bear tease we got were the Others walking past Jin and Mr. Eko. Folks were thinking it was Alex (Danielle's kid). Last night's episode only helped us connect where it came from... though I think the Others just had the bear, and not the kids, with them -- else Mr. Eko would've told Ana Lucia when they got back (since we see now she was very concerned about them).

Comment

I don't think Walt had any stuffed bears since the flashback. He was more concerned over Vincent than anything else since his mom died.

Another thing that stuck me as strange. It seems that the tail section people never saw Nathan on the flight, but managed to miss Goodwin. Assuming both people were never on the plane, does this mean that there are more than one group of Others on the island?

Comment

though I think the Others just had the bear, and not the kids, with them -- else Mr. Eko would've told Ana Lucia when they got back (since we see now she was very concerned about them).[/QUOTE]

Spoiler alert!!!!

I know that kid! This doesn't necessarily mean anything, but I know they filmed the same kid (the boy) as one of the others walking through the jungle with the teddy bear. The scene with the others was shot before the kid (Mickey is his name, local kid) did the scenes for episode 7.

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherRon
                    I know that kid! This doesn't necessarily mean anything, but I know they filmed the same kid (the boy) as one of the others walking through the jungle with the teddy bear. The scene with the others was shot before the kid (Mickey is his name, local kid) did the scenes for episode 7.
                    Hmm! I thought that the legs of the person holding that bear looked a little small.

Comment

Another great ep....

with a heartwarming and sad ending....
                      Lovena

Comment

My mom said Ana and her partner drove past McKinley in the ep but I missed whenever that was...
                        myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

The drive on South King Street was just before they heard the call on the radio.

So the flashbacks was Ana Lucia's, however we still don't know why she was in Sydney in the first place. I wonder when they are going to do Mr. Eko's flashback, I figure he's will be interesting.

Comment

When Ana Lucia and her partner are driving around in "Westwood," you eventually see McKinley in the background and the wide, one-way S. King Street. But the very first shot of them in the car is on a street with a grassy, tree-lined median, like the new Kuhio Avenue. Loved that you could see TheBus very clearly.

The alley where the domestic dispute over the TV was on Maunakea Street across Sweet Basil restaurant. The bar where Ana Lucia finds Jason is Amy's Place. And the parking lot where Jason goes down? Sure as heck looked like the parking lot I use on Smith Street!

Couldn't place the police HQ, though -- multistory parking structure with an open corridor between it and the main building, pinkish/orange paint... looks a little like a medical facility or clinic.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                              Loved that you could see TheBus very clearly.
                              Noticing the Bus was so distracting that I caught myself laughing out loud at it.

Several weeks ago when I was driving down Beretania Street I did notice a film crew towing a police car down the street with lights and camera on the modified towing vehicle. I guess they were rolling tape for that segment... so the traffic you see in the background of the car is just real everyday traffic... at least for that scene where Ana Lucia and her partner are on patrol for that flashback.

I think Mr. Eko and Loch will probably get along very fine. They just had this look when they first spotted each other.
                              Last edited by mel; November 24, 2005, 08:05 AM.
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Mel, if you intended to put something behind that spoiler notice, it ain't there. In fact, when I click the tag, it doesn't even switch to "Hide spoiler." Odd.

Comment

Working...
                                X